PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1981 DeLorean 24,600miles $26,500 Durango Colorado

marshdutt
07-02-2015, 04:35 PM
1981 DeLorean DMC-12 w/ 24,600miles for $26,500. Drives great and motor runs smooth. Professional Work done by Durango Autoworks and Haglin Automotive (in Boulder). Details Below.

Stainless Steel is in Great Shape with a small ding in door (pic included). No deforming eyebrows above headlights and Raw Urethane in black and not permanently damaged by UV. Underside and frame might be dirty but with no rust. Garage kept most of its existence, or under its DeLorean cover when not in a garage. All door and hood struts work, though the passenger door does droop slightly in the colder weather.

Interior is in good shape, especially for being 34yrs old, small tear on left side of the driver seat. Binnacle has been covered, DMC is developing a new binnacle to reduce future cracking, but it's not out yet. Original Grey Dash with no cracks but has some purpling. Door headliners have been replaced with no sagging, the T headliners have minimal sagging. AM/FM radio works, Tape deck does not. Electric Antenna and clock both work, as well as all the lights, including (aircraft inspired) door lights. Both power windows work and are on their respective tracks. Power locks and mirrors work. A battery shutoff switch is utilized to minimize electrical loss when not in use, also used as a security measure.

Motor and powertrain run healthy and strong (DeLorean-relative). The 2.8Liter PRV engine runs and idles smoothly. Car has been driven periodically driven to reduce aging of seals and gaskets. Does not leak. Head gaskets are intact, as I have never seen evidence of contamination of oil and water systems. Air Conditioning has been converted from R12 to R134 and does blow coldish air. All mechanical work was done professionally and with correct DMC parts. All 3 owners have taken pride in owning this car and have taken care of her.

Work done under my 2.5yr ownership:
Water Pump, New Belts, AC Recharge, Angle Drive, Oil Change, Clutch, Master Brake Cylinder, Replacement of all Rubber Water Hoses, DMC Lowering Springs and Shocks, LED Window Switches, and Stainless Steel Coolant Bottle.

Included with car: New DMC Fuel Pump, DMC Stainless Care Kit, Canvas DMC Cover, a pair of new DMC door struts, DMC Floor Mats, a Fitted Dash Cover, Sun Reflector, original springs, original coolant bottle, original window switches, possibly a flux capacitor.

This car was recently shown at the Durango Father's Day Car Show, so you might have seen her there or driving around Durango as she does routinely attract attention wherever she goes.

A great example of my long-time dream car: the Northern-Irish built "ethical sports car" DeLorean DMC-12.

marshdutt
07-02-2015, 07:05 PM
pictures of the for sale car....

im not sure how i forgot to mention this before, but it is a 5-speed manual transmission

my actual and preferred email address for correspondence is [email protected]