PDA

View Full Version : General wheel shaped DMC Clock

acaciolo
07-09-2015, 05:59 PM
I just purchased this very cool DMC wheel clock. The seller told me he purchased it from DMCH.

Does anybody know the story behind them? It is very nicely made with the artists signature on the back.

JohnZ
07-09-2015, 06:56 PM
I think I would be confused because of the black needle! Yellow would have been much more clear... our rims made it looks that anytime is... any hour!

:tongue:

Dangermouse
07-09-2015, 07:00 PM
Does the seller mean he bought the clock from DMCH or just the wheel.

acaciolo
07-09-2015, 09:25 PM
it actually is made out of some type of resin. fiberglass..plastic..something that isn't metal. At least I think it is.

he said he bought the clock from dmch.

Chris 16409
07-10-2015, 02:24 AM
DMCH has been selling these for a while. I just never knew how detailed they were, with the DMC part numbers and all. They used to be advertised in the Christmas mailer.

PJ Grady Inc.
07-11-2015, 10:31 AM
DMCH has been selling these for a while. I just never knew how detailed they were, with the DMC part numbers and all. They used to be advertised in the Christmas mailer.

I carry them as well. I believe the supplier wishes to remain anonymous. (Apart from the signature of course!)
Rob

acaciolo
07-11-2015, 01:15 PM
I emailed the Arizona club (who was originally selling them apparently) and the guy who made the clocks emailed me back. He didn't say he wanted to remain anonymous, but just in case, I won't mention his name.

He said he made 50 of these and they all sold years ago. He thinks they sold around $300 each. My clock is #32/50. I can finally sleep well now.....

Rob, do you have more to sell? they are really nice. I am sure some forum members might be interested.

tony c

PJ Grady Inc.
07-11-2015, 05:26 PM
I emailed the Arizona club (who was originally selling them apparently) and the guy who made the clocks emailed me back. He didn't say he wanted to remain anonymous, but just in case, I won't mention his name.

He said he made 50 of these and they all sold years ago. He thinks they sold around $300 each. My clock is #32/50. I can finally sleep well now.....

Rob, do you have more to sell? they are really nice. I am sure some forum members might be interested.

tony c

That's right I forgot he sold out and not many people ask about the one in my office. I'm friends with him and might be able to convince him to make more if I could put a decent order together. I remember him saying they were a lot of trouble to make so the price might be a little higher next time though. Anyone interested...I really like that clock! BTW Tony mine's 5/50 as that was my last racing # from my motocross days.
Rob

acaciolo
07-11-2015, 05:28 PM
rob, based on that ride you gave me in your nsx, your racing days aren't over.

PJ Grady Inc.
07-11-2015, 06:05 PM
rob, based on that ride you gave me in your nsx, your racing days aren't over.
I'd rather not discuss that here as I'm already wanted by the local constabulatories.

PJ Grady Inc.
07-11-2015, 06:36 PM
That's right I forgot he sold out and not many people ask about the one in my office. I'm friends with him and might be able to convince him to make more if I could put a decent order together. I remember him saying they were a lot of trouble to make so the price might be a little higher next time though. Anyone interested...I really like that clock! BTW Tony mine's 5/50 as that was my last racing # from my motocross days.
Rob
If I can't convince him to make more I just remembered I have over 40 NOS grey rear wheels up in the loft. Though it seems criminal to contemplate cutting some of them up for clocks a proud place on the wall beats another 34 years in a box. I rarely sell them and at the current rate have a lifetime supply. I have an excellent local wheel restorer/refinisher who can urethane powdercoat them the later silver with an exact color match and a better than NOS finish. They would look even better on a wall than the repro wheel clock. I may just do one for myself and post a picture.

BTW I can do a complete set of refinished wheels through this shop for $780- including any straightening or curb damage filling. They just invested a half million $ in new state of the art equipment and the turnaround time is one to two days. They're awesome!

I just noticed that this should be my 500th post in ten months. Ralph Cramden would call me a blabbermouth....a blabbbbbbermouuuuth! I hope I'm not bothering anyone.
Rob

bxtech
07-12-2015, 10:53 AM
it actually is made out of some type of resin. fiberglass..plastic..something that isn't metal. At least I think it is.

he said he bought the clock from dmch.

Very cool clock! I've never seen one before. Whoever built these did a nice job. Looks like an original wheel was cut and a mold was made to make them out of plastic or resin? I've worked with fiberglass and molds before and I agree that making this would be challenging......Especially with the design of the wheel to get all of the air bubbles out of the part being cast. Great job on it!