PDA

View Full Version : Owner is Retiring, Parts for Sale!

Carter Wright Parts
07-10-2015, 02:40 PM
To all DeLorean owners and shops:

DeLorean One is retiring and closing its doors. Its entire inventory of parts and tools will be sold at exceptionally low prices.

If you are interested, e-mail [email protected] for a price/quote(s).

Domi
07-10-2015, 03:13 PM
Is there a listing available please?

Delorean Industries
07-10-2015, 03:44 PM
Sold

OverlandMan
07-10-2015, 04:03 PM
What just happened?

Rich
07-10-2015, 04:22 PM
What just happened?

From the looks of it Josh has acquired the remaining DeLorean parts/accessories from the former owners of DeLorean One, Ed and Millie Bernstein. http://deloreanone.com

Millie has been listing some of D One's parts stock on eBay for the past year or so.

Josh, care to confirm?

Would look for Carter Wright to tell us the offer is closed but not much time has elapsed yet in this thread.

PJ Grady Inc.
07-10-2015, 06:23 PM
From the looks of it Josh has acquired the remaining DeLorean parts/accessories from the former owners of DeLorean One, Ed and Millie Bernstein. http://deloreanone.com

Millie has been listing some of D One's parts stock on eBay for the past year or so.

Josh, care to confirm?

Would look for Carter Wright to tell us the offer is closed but not much time has elapsed yet in this thread.
I negotiated with Ed for 9 months with two trips to CA to work out a deal and in the end gave up. His price kept getting higher and higher. Now Josh has bought it in an hour....yeah right! I made Ed a fair offer and was turned down flat.
Rob

Carter Wright Parts
07-10-2015, 06:30 PM
To all DeLorean owners and shops:

DeLorean One is retiring and closing its doors. Its entire inventory of parts and tools will be sold at exceptionally low prices.

If you are interested, e-mail [email protected] for a price/quote(s).

Hi Domi, There are way too many items for which to provide a list of what is available. Therefore, to provide confidentiality and the integrity of all inquiries, please send me a private email of what you may want to purchase for your car and I will correspond directly with you regarding your cost, quantity available and methods of delivery to your address anywhere in the world... Regards, Carter [email protected]

refugeefromcalif
07-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Hi Domi, There are way too many items for which to provide a list of what is available. Therefore, to provide confidentiality and the integrity of all inquiries, please send me a private email of what you may want to purchase for your car and I will correspond directly with you regarding your cost, quantity available and methods of delivery to your address anywhere in the world... Regards, Carter [email protected]

This thread has gotten Very confusing. :what_the:
Did DPI buy the stock? According to the above post, (and timeline), No.?

While I have lots of parts I want/Love to replace/upgrade, (New seat covers come to mind), without a list of what's available, I'd have a hard time sending an email to Carter Wright Parts about ALL the things I'm looking for that aren't available from already known venders. (They also List what they have, and the price they want for it)... :ehh:

George

Delorean Industries
07-10-2015, 07:40 PM
Yeah because you guys were corresponding via the pony express. :)

OverlandMan
07-10-2015, 09:17 PM
This thread has gotten Very confusing. :what_the:
Did DPI buy the stock? According to the above post, (and timeline), No.?

While I have lots of parts I want/Love to replace/upgrade, (New seat covers come to mind), without a list of what's available, I'd have a hard time sending an email to Carter Wright Parts about ALL the things I'm looking for that aren't available from already known venders. (They also List what they have, and the price they want for it)... :ehh:

George

^ This!!!!!

Hey DeLoreanOne - got a gray passenger sun visor?

Iznodmad
07-10-2015, 09:41 PM
Nobody has stated the obvious. Delorean One closed the doors and retired years ago! Explain that one Carter Wright or whoever you are.

MML
07-10-2015, 10:06 PM
^ this!!!!!

Hey deloreanone - got a gray passenger sun visor?

What's your VIN???

:p

Lou and "Boo"
07-10-2015, 11:07 PM
Yeah I'm lost .. But what else is new?

Delorean Industries
07-11-2015, 08:11 AM
Thank you for by far the most pointless waste of time I have ever received. Word of advice: when someone says "how much would you like for everything? I'll be over Saturday with a bag of cash." You normally respond with a predetermined figure as that is what you start with before offering things for sale.

I know everything you have stock piled down to the condition of individual panels. I make it my business knowing these things about past and present competitors in this market. Between Grady and I we have both been willing to pay you more than a reasonable price. After watching him fight with you on price for a better part of a year I shouldn't have wasted my time.

Ed you should take your remaining picked over crap to the grave after what I hope is many more years of relaxing retirement. Stop wasting everyone's time and bow out along with DeLorean one for the last time. Just think....: by dinner my haulers would have been already loaded and gone with crap only two people in the world want and you siting fat on a nice payday.

Jonathan
07-11-2015, 08:51 AM
What's your VIN???

Haha, exactly! This should have been the first warning.

You ever walk into a restaurant and the waitress advertises the "special" but doesn't tell you what the price is? You know what the price is don't you? The price is "you're getting hosed!" lol

Imagine going to the mall to buy some jeans or shoes and you don't get to see what is for sale or any of the prices, and the guy at the front only asks you how big your feet are. Not in a million years would you be dumb enough to shop there. And no one should here either.

We used to joke about that guy at the auction who would buy the mystery bag for $5. And it might be full of bent nails.

Josh hit that bent nail on its head... what a waste of time for everyone!!!

Carter Wright Parts
07-13-2015, 01:31 AM
Thank you for by far the most pointless waste of time I have ever received. Word of advice: when someone says "how much would you like for everything? I'll be over Saturday with a bag of cash." You normally respond with a predetermined figure as that is what you start with before offering things for sale.

I know everything you have stock piled down to the condition of individual panels. I make it my business knowing these things about past and present competitors in this market. Between Grady and I we have both been willing to pay you more than a reasonable price. After watching him fight with you on price for a better part of a year I shouldn't have wasted my time.

Ed you should take your remaining picked over crap to the grave after what I hope is many more years of relaxing retirement. Stop wasting everyone's time and bow out along with DeLorean one for the last time. Just think....: by dinner my haulers would have been already loaded and gone with crap only two people in the world want and you siting fat on a nice payday.

[/WHO ARE YOU??? [B]ARE YOU JOSH BENGSTON?

I have no clue who you are or what you do for a living... What is your rant about? All I know is that I introduced myself to DMC TALK at 1:40pm on July 10, 2015 and you posted the word "SOLD" on DMC TALK one hour and 4 minutes later! And sometime subsequent to your posting the word "SOLD" on DMC TALK, you send me a private email asking "Please let us know what you have and prices". Regards, Josh Bengston

My response to you was:
Hi Josh, Thank you for your inquiry. I apologize for my delayed response. I have been a bit inundated with various requests for inventory, parts and tools and I am precluded from discussing a Bulk Sale at this time. One can well imagine the scope of the inventory and equipment accumulated over the past 25 to 30 years of providing parts and services for DeLorean Owners across the United States and throughout the world. Much has been sold and there is still a considerable amount of remaining stock available for sale. Various overtures have been made for various quantities of parts, new and used, cores and repairable metal panels, door, hoods, rack and pinions, engines, transmissions etc. Some are readily available from other sources on the internet as new and/or aftermarket components and many are not available anywhere at this time. Given the wide scope of products and the somewhat limited in-depth inventory available, I can only respond to specific requests for identifiable DeLorean parts, quantities and associated repair tools at this time. ie: Welders, Sand Blasters, Molds, Cores and supplemental associated components as individually requested. Several of the tools are extremely heavy and the cost of crating, shipping and insurance could be quite high. I just do not know at this time and without specifics, all responses are pure conjecture on my part. Regards, Carter

Therefore, DPI JOSH or whatever your name is, and given your rude, callous remarks on DMC TALK, just who do you think you are and to whom do you think you are talking?

You have no style, you have no class and you make ALL DELOREAN AUTOMOBILE OWNERS AND ENTHUSIASTS throughout the United States and around the world look like a bunch of idiots.

From a business point of view, your text stating "I'll be over Saturday with a bag of cash" is ludicrous. You are hereby advised not to contact me via email or any other manner of correspondence whatsoever. You comments appear to be those from of a very frustrated individual and I have no clue who you are. It may be in the best interest of all DeLorean Automobile Owners and enthusiasts throughout the world that you take a lower profile with your opinion and your advice. It is insulting to the legacy of John Z. Delorean.

Sincerely,
Carter Wright

PJ Grady Inc.
07-13-2015, 02:55 PM
[/WHO ARE YOU??? [B]ARE YOU JOSH BENGSTON?

I have no clue who you are or what you do for a living... What is your rant about? All I know is that I introduced myself to DMC TALK at 1:40pm on July 10, 2015 and you posted the word "SOLD" on DMC TALK one hour and 4 minutes later! And sometime subsequent to your posting the word "SOLD" on DMC TALK, you send me a private email asking "Please let us know what you have and prices". Regards, Josh Bengston

My response to you was:
Hi Josh, Thank you for your inquiry. I apologize for my delayed response. I have been a bit inundated with various requests for inventory, parts and tools and I am precluded from discussing a Bulk Sale at this time. One can well imagine the scope of the inventory and equipment accumulated over the past 25 to 30 years of providing parts and services for DeLorean Owners across the United States and throughout the world. Much has been sold and there is still a considerable amount of remaining stock available for sale. Various overtures have been made for various quantities of parts, new and used, cores and repairable metal panels, door, hoods, rack and pinions, engines, transmissions etc. Some are readily available from other sources on the internet as new and/or aftermarket components and many are not available anywhere at this time. Given the wide scope of products and the somewhat limited in-depth inventory available, I can only respond to specific requests for identifiable DeLorean parts, quantities and associated repair tools at this time. ie: Welders, Sand Blasters, Molds, Cores and supplemental associated components as individually requested. Several of the tools are extremely heavy and the cost of crating, shipping and insurance could be quite high. I just do not know at this time and without specifics, all responses are pure conjecture on my part. Regards, Carter

Therefore, DPI JOSH or whatever your name is, and given your rude, callous remarks on DMC TALK, just who do you think you are and to whom do you think you are talking?

You have no style, you have no class and you make ALL DELOREAN AUTOMOBILE OWNERS AND ENTHUSIASTS throughout the United States and around the world look like a bunch of idiots.

From a business point of view, your text stating "I'll be over Saturday with a bag of cash" is ludicrous. You are hereby advised not to contact me via email or any other manner of correspondence whatsoever. You comments appear to be those from of a very frustrated individual and I have no clue who you are. It may be in the best interest of all DeLorean Automobile Owners and enthusiasts throughout the world that you take a lower profile with your opinion and your advice. It is insulting to the legacy of John Z. Delorean.

Sincerely,
Carter Wright

Hello Carter Wright,

I spent a lot of time talking to Ed over the years and especially this last year trying to negotiate a fair deal on this inventory. Funny thing is your response to DPI Josh sounds exactly the way Ed would handle the reply to him IMHO. So I Goggled Carter Wright Auto Parts and came up with....nothing. Hmmm. I seem to remember a "Fat Boy" in the DML's heyday who would lampoon people and cause controversy and low and behold he turned out to be Ed Berstein. So it would not be unusual for you to change names to protect the noninnocent. I can understand why you would do this as everyone has lost patience with your bait and switch tactics and I would prefer dealing with anyone but you in negotiating a purchase if I were still so inclined. I wish Carter Wright really existed.

The big obstacle standing in the way of a sale Ed is you. You do not deal in good faith. In fact last time we spoke you said you would throw the inventory away before allowing anyone to get a "good deal" from you. I had already figured that out long before that but still I kept trying. I hate to see the small percentage of decent parts and tools you have that aren't cores or unrepairable junk thrown away but it is inevitable. I could go on for hours about the various tricks and stunts you pulled on my visits to your shop and your innumerable rants on the phone...shall I continue?

My message to the forum is that Ed is more difficult to deal with than ever and is determined to wring the last dime out of the inventory at your expense. His mental state is clinical at this point and I would advise people to stay away for their own sanity and protection. Of course this is all just my opinion what do I know about Ed Berstein and his Delorean parts other than two wasted trips to see it and many months of futile negotiation? I even spent time with Don Stegar fixing things on one of Ed's cars for free in the hope that it might make our negtiations go smoother. No such luck but really it was wishful thinking on my part. All I can say at this point is buyer beware. There are no "deals" to be had with Ed Bernstein. Good luck selling your inventory Ed...you're going to need it! Better plan on renewing your lease.

Rob Grady

Delorean Industries
07-13-2015, 04:05 PM
Who am I? I'm the future.

You can think of me as the custodian of this car for the next 30+ years. Or sooner or later to be the last one standing. Where when my time has come to transition to the next generation of caretakers I will do so with integrity. Not squeeze the last drop as you have tried to do.

Who am I addressing? A relic of a time long past and not too soon forgotten.

sdg3205
07-14-2015, 12:06 AM
Ed (if this IS actually Ed),

When I was a wee lad, you were the only game in town. We're talking early 90's pre-internet. I found out about D1 via DeLorean World. I asked for the front grill DMC badge for Christmas. My father called you and asked if he could buy one.

You said "no," because we didn't own a DeLorean.

You should probably fess up and come out as yourself. You can't lie about your name if you're selling parts - you need to be accountable to those people who buy from you. It's the very least you can do, especially if you're going to rip people off.

Do the right thing and provide us with ALL your information. Website? Phone number, email address, inventory, YOUR history as a vendor. Essentially, prove you ARENT Ed! Who are you, where have you been and why hasn't anyone ever heard of you, especially Grady, who's been doing this as long or longer than anyone?!

Ryan King
07-14-2015, 12:58 AM
When I was a wee lad, you were the only game in town. We're talking early 90's pre-internet. I found out about D1 via DeLorean World. I asked for the front grill DMC badge for Christmas. My father called you and asked if he could buy one.

You said "no," because we didn't own a DeLorean.

I called Ed once needing a part...he told me I didn't deserve to own a DeLorean and that I didn't make enough money to cater to the hobby.

Thanks, dream crusher.

Kane
07-14-2015, 02:22 AM
I was starting to wonder why it had been so long since the last public vendor fight on these boards. I'm glad I didn't miss this one. Now all we need is for VideoBob to enter the arena and take a few hits.

Carter Wright Parts
07-14-2015, 04:47 AM
Hi DPI JOSH and ROB GRADY,
I really don’t know you guys, but I have taken a bit of time and done a little research on the internet and discovered that you repair DeLorean Automobiles and also sell them. That’s pretty neat. What I don’t understand is why you both are so up-tight with this Ed Bernstein guy. It seems that he is pretty much a has-been in the world of DeLorean cars. Someone wrote that he used to own a real estate company in Beverly Hills, California, but I think he is out of the business. Now, that’s a business I can identify with. From time to time during the past 5 years I have been purchasing, fixing-up and “flipping” houses in San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego. I can certainly relate to your frustration regarding trying to negotiate the purchase of something for over a year and finally giving-up and walking away. If I were in your shoes, I would do the same thing. I have been in deals where the seller was a “dork” so I figured “the heck with him” and just walked away. Some of the deals were “very good” but it just wasn’t worth the effort!
Since your negotiations with this Bernstein Dude have fallen apart and since this is a DeLorean Automobile Talk/Chat website, I think it would be of interest to everyone that Josh and Rob post their offers to purchase DeLorean One and DeLorean One’s written replies to their offers, so we can all evaluate the correspondence pertaining to the matter. To tell the truth, I can’t figure out any reason why either one of you would like to purchase his stuff if it has no value to you.
I negotiate contracts all the time and from what I am reading on this DMC TALK website this is a “he said – she said” situation with no tangible evidence of an offer and/or acceptance. In addition, there are frivolous comments by those who are posting with no first-hand knowledge of the facts and what is going on.
Josh said, “Between Grady and I we have both been willing to pay you more than a reasonable price. After watching him fight with you on price for the better part of a year I shouldn’t have wasted my time.”
Rob said, “I spent a lot of time talking to Ed over the years and especially this last year trying to negotiate a fair deal on this inventory”.
Please help me here fellas; were both of you trying to buy the DeLorean One inventory together as a team/partnership or individually as separate companies?
Let’s post the offers and counter proposals on this internet DMC “chat-line” so we all can see for ourselves what transpired over the past several months and stop this “hearsay baloney”.
We appear to be a bunch of fools to general public and you guys look like a couple of High School Track Runners that are that are mouthing-off around Campus because you want to go to the Prom with the Home Coming Queen and she turned you down because she wants to go to the Prom with the Captain of the Varsity Football Team. I’m Carter Wright, and that’s my position. [email protected]

Soundkillr
07-14-2015, 07:58 AM
Carter, please do not double post. You will see I locked your other thread, and asked that guys take it to pm. After reading this thread fully, ill leave it open as the other vendors make valid points. Keep it civil, or I lock it down. Please do not plead your case in other forums, THIS is the one where you say what needs to be said. (Kindly and within reason)
Ed's hard line approach earned him his reputation fair and square. That is the issue most people have with him. It was his business, so he he was free to do so. If he wants to successfully unload all inventory, the hard line approach should go, including giving a deal, to what he may think is already a deal.

Iznodmad
07-14-2015, 10:56 AM
Thank you Ben for coming into this thread and trying to let the FNG know how things work around here. Would it be too much to ask to have Carter abide by the forum rules for posting things for sale as well? He clearly has not followed those rules either. Lots of this could have been avoided by posting exactly what is for sale with pics and prices as the rules dictate. It works for the rest of us that are "real", why not him?

Soundkillr
07-14-2015, 11:55 AM
Good point, and i will look into that as well....
Before i address that fully i will say this for now. Carter im sure your inventory list is large, but we would need a breakdown with prices to help in the aid of your sale. Perhaps you have a spreadsheet or something?

Thank you Ben for coming into this thread and trying to let the FNG know how things work around here. Would it be too much to ask to have Carter abide by the forum rules for posting things for sale as well? He clearly has not followed those rules either. Lots of this could have been avoided by posting exactly what is for sale with pics and prices as the rules dictate. It works for the rest of us that are "real", why not him?

Delorean Industries
07-14-2015, 12:23 PM
Since you went there..... for the record: Out of four available "Prom Dances" during my high school career I successfully "fully attended" with two "Prom Queens" during my four year tenure. Only missing out twice due to circumstances outside of my control. First being sophomore year after contracting mono and junior year after being suspended for going AWOL on a class trip at Disney world. (one for the books)

Rich_NYS
07-14-2015, 12:39 PM
Out of four available "Prom Dances" during my high school career I successfully "fully attended" with two "Prom Queens" during my four year tenure.

Whaaaat???!! You're that guy?! If I had known that, I would've rallied a bunch of us nerds to dogpile you at DCS last year, bro...haha!

TTait
07-14-2015, 01:25 PM
Carter,

You see what is going on here is a reaction from an established community to Ed, a guy who treated people like crap for many years. He fancied himself a hero, but in the long run he was just self absorbed (somebody jump in here of I'm wrong). Now the community feels Ed is trying to pull his last scam by having an unknown presence suddenly appear as a neutral dude whose going to get Ed top dollar for his remaining inventory - because nobody but a saint would actually deal with Ed.

What Ed has failed to ever understand is that with each transaction he did over the years he was not only selling overpriced parts and services, he was also selling a part of his soul - something many of us can understand, but have opted not to do. He's not really liked by anyone - he just existed in a vacuum during a particular blip in time when he was the only option for people who had time, money and love tied up in their cars, and they had to deal with or lose all of that.

Now it has fallen upon you, an outsider to this community to step forward to sell his parts. Are you selling them for him as an agent, or did you buy the lot and are liquidating it for yourself. I don't think you'd mind answering this, as you have established yourself as a very open, and straightforward guy. The best way to distance yourself from someone who was actually just tolerated at best, is to start by really introducing yourself. Anonymity isn't a good card to play at this point, because Ed was such a jerk. Who are you?

Further - Ed has acted over the last couple years specifically like he was Gods Gift to Delorean salvage, and he wouldn't have to post actual photos even of the parts he was trying to sell. It sounds like he has passed this losing strategy on to you - but if you have been doing business as you say - you know that's not a working proposition.

My suggestion; really introduce yourself and tell us what your relationship to Ed is. Share your Linkedin or even Facebook, or your Blog. Reputation matters - especially in a morass swirling around the creepy business practices of Delorean One. People will certainly like and respect you more than Ed, and with that level of basic trust established you can look at trying to do some real business.

Then, tell us what you have, or what you are trying to sell on Ed's behalf. We need photos and prices, etc.

Finally you obviously have too much stuff to list completely - so how about an honest to goodness "Garage Sale" in the purest sense of the word. Let's pick a Saturday where you open the doors wide in Chatsworth, have a food truck come in (Ed would never give anyone free food), invite local owners to come over, along with business owners. If Cameron Wynn or Josh or Rob Grady comes in and buys everything at 8 am - then I'm sure they would hang out for the day and make it a Tech Day - they can pull parts off the pile and help owners on the spot as they come in, we can pay for parts on the spot. If you don't get a big bite, then just be prepared to make deals. Price things to sell - Ed never understood that its no longer a sellers market - so don't let him interfere. Whatever he told you this stuff is worth, your going to have to ignore him and be realistic. Have a day where you make good deals, give away a little food, let owners meet and share information and turn wrenches together - it's the most un-Ed-like thing you could do - it would put money in your pocket, and even Ed's, and give him one last chance to have a decent footnote in history as going out like a gentleman. Legacy matters - at this point maybe he's ready to acknowledge that.

Maybe Ed will even read this himself and step out of the shadows like a real man, not the Nosferatu of the Delorean World, and act like a member of a community for once.

What do you think Carter? Is there any hope?

Tom Tait
(Find me on LinkedIn - I'm proud to be a real person)

PJ Grady Inc.
07-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Good point, and i will look into that as well....
Before i address that fully i will say this for now. Carter im sure your inventory list is large, but we would need a breakdown with prices to help in the aid of your sale. Perhaps you have a spreadsheet or something?

There is no list as far as I know. Ed/Carter wouldn't give me one and said he had no time to make one. I will admit it wiould take a very long time to go through the boxes but most of them are core parts many of which are not worth rebuilding. The whole place is a total mess. He obviously never threw anything away. It's not a vender fight as Ed is no longer a vender. I am not fighting with him either. I'm just warning the forum members of the potential dangers of doing business with him. If that is something the members don't want to hear then I'll put a lid on it.

Btw he wanted me to restore four cars as part of the deal by sorting through his pile of crap for parts and tools. I'm guessing it would have taken two months to do that assuming the parts and tools were there and locatable. He wanted a full frame-off restoration on his half million mile car with another engine installed. He wanted a day or two on his daughters car. He had two customer cars he needed reassembled that he had been already paid to be fixed and any issues would be my liability. Oh I almost forgot he had been "parting out" these prepaid customer cars so they were missing thousands of dollars worth of major parts.

I'd estimate the "deal" he had in mind would have cost me over 200k in time, money, and labor plus many parts that I woud have had to supply to complete the restorations. If you've already bought parts from Ed some of you may be driving around now with parts that were "borrowed" from other owners. Leave it to Ed to sell the same parts two and three times. It was a shell game! Like I said...buyer beware. There is no fight here...only the facts.

Rob Grady

fnzen
07-14-2015, 04:25 PM
So

Ive got my popcorn here and enjoying the show. Reminds me of the old tv show.

Mr Wright there are those of us that have been around the circles for quite awhile nontheless the DeLorean community is a very small community.

Oh wait there are only possibly 6000- 9000 built cars although only about 6000 acounted for AND LOTS OF BANKRUPTCY INVENTORY that the cartel has........and only a few other "Dealers" of "stuff"

So anywhoo

you have only 6 postings and there is no evidence that you exist....unless Aliens have just puked out their DeLorean remnants possibly from the 3000 missing cars .................... the community knows who has the stuff

produce a list so that we all may be bidders

Or maybe we will flood your email with individual requests! yep I need about 1000 differents things please look forward to my emails!

jwrayth
07-14-2015, 06:24 PM
I'm just guessing here, but this strikes me as market research for how to maximize profit via the drip-selling on eBay. Owners contact "Carter" with the parts that are most sought after, and then "Carter" can make sure those are the items that get priority listing from the DeLorean One remaining stock via their eBay account (Millieone).

Case in point the just advertised DeLorean frame on eBay, advertised here by our good friend "Carter".

PJ Grady Inc.
07-14-2015, 06:39 PM
So

Mr Wright there are those of us that have been around the circles for quite awhile nontheless the DeLorean community is a very small community.

Oh wait there are only possibly 6000- 9000 built cars although only about 6000 acounted for AND LOTS OF BANKRUPTCY INVENTORY that the cartel has........and only a few other "Dealers" of "stuff"

So anywhoo

you have only 6 postings and there is no evidence that you exist....unless Aliens have just puked out their DeLorean remnants possibly from the 3000 missing cars .................... the community knows who has the stuff

Or maybe we will flood your email with individual requests! yep I need about 1000 differents things please look forward to my emails!

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble here but most of the inventory is junk or only usefull to a full-on Delorean restoration shop. Carter Wright is a figment of Ed's imagination and most of the Ebay items I've seen from Millieone recently have misrepresented the articles in question based on my many hours of trying to sort through the mess. This isn't really funny stuff suitable for popcorn viewing. it's about the the potential for a lot of people to be taken advantage of. Why does it always seem the good guys get the shaft and the bad guys get the money. I just don't understand people!
Rob

fnzen
07-14-2015, 07:02 PM
Sorry to burst anyone's bubble here but most of the inventory is junk or only usefull to a full-on Delorean restoration shop. Carter Wright is a figment of Ed's imagination and most of the Ebay items I've seen from Millieone recently have misrepresented the articles in question based on my many hours of trying to sort through the mess. This isn't really funny stuff suitable for popcorn viewing. it's about the the potential for a lot of people to be taken advantage of. Why does it always seem the good guys get the shaft and the bad guys get the money. I just don't understand people!
Rob

Rob

you are a man of great integrity and respect

My post was meant to be satire hence the Alien reference and a way to get rid of the "issue" hence the instruction :

"send email for each part you are looking for or ever think you may be looking for"

this usually kills the email server or "issue" due to overload of emails

this was not meant to actually expect to get a part

acaciolo
07-14-2015, 07:37 PM
This sure seems like a scam to me. I emailed Carter for a list, which he wouldn't give me. Then I emailed him and asked for a specific part, which he wouldn't give me a price on. Then I emailed him for a phone number, which he wouldn't give me. Then today, carter emailed me and told me :

Hi Tony, I will get that information for you as soon as I can...But RIGHT NOW, check eBay item #121704461513 DeLorean Frame (your choice)..
I think this will sell as soon as the right buyer sees the listing. Good Luck if you need it. Regards, Carter

And of course, that ebay item is a frame from millieone, ed's wife. Which is really odd, because in Carter's post (see below) he talks about "this ed bernstein guy" and implies that he has no idea who he is. But oddly, his emails to me about the part he has for sale are from "this ed guy's" wife.

I am not sure what the end game is here, but I certainly won't touch anything with a 10' pole. When someone won't give a phone number or price, it is suspicious.

tony c. (who is probably blacklisted now)

Hi DPI JOSH and ROB GRADY,
I really don’t know you guys, but I have taken a bit of time and done a little research on the internet and discovered that you repair DeLorean Automobiles and also sell them. That’s pretty neat. What I don’t understand is why you both are so up-tight with this Ed Bernstein guy. It seems that he is pretty much a has-been in the world of DeLorean cars. Someone wrote that he used to own a real estate company in Beverly Hills, California, but I think he is out of the business. Now, that’s a business I can identify with. From time to time during the past 5 years I have been purchasing, fixing-up and “flipping” houses in San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego. I can certainly relate to your frustration regarding trying to negotiate the purchase of something for over a year and finally giving-up and walking away. If I were in your shoes, I would do the same thing. I have been in deals where the seller was a “dork” so I figured “the heck with him” and just walked away. Some of the deals were “very good” but it just wasn’t worth the effort!
Since your negotiations with this Bernstein Dude have fallen apart and since this is a DeLorean Automobile Talk/Chat website, I think it would be of interest to everyone that Josh and Rob post their offers to purchase DeLorean One and DeLorean One’s written replies to their offers, so we can all evaluate the correspondence pertaining to the matter. To tell the truth, I can’t figure out any reason why either one of you would like to purchase his stuff if it has no value to you.
I negotiate contracts all the time and from what I am reading on this DMC TALK website this is a “he said – she said” situation with no tangible evidence of an offer and/or acceptance. In addition, there are frivolous comments by those who are posting with no first-hand knowledge of the facts and what is going on.
Josh said, “Between Grady and I we have both been willing to pay you more than a reasonable price. After watching him fight with you on price for the better part of a year I shouldn’t have wasted my time.”
Rob said, “I spent a lot of time talking to Ed over the years and especially this last year trying to negotiate a fair deal on this inventory”.
Please help me here fellas; were both of you trying to buy the DeLorean One inventory together as a team/partnership or individually as separate companies?
Let’s post the offers and counter proposals on this internet DMC “chat-line” so we all can see for ourselves what transpired over the past several months and stop this “hearsay baloney”.
We appear to be a bunch of fools to general public and you guys look like a couple of High School Track Runners that are that are mouthing-off around Campus because you want to go to the Prom with the Home Coming Queen and she turned you down because she wants to go to the Prom with the Captain of the Varsity Football Team. I’m Carter Wright, and that’s my position. [email protected]

davidc89
07-14-2015, 07:37 PM
So

So anywhoo

I just really like the title you had on this post is all.

coreydmc
07-14-2015, 07:52 PM
Delorean One can suck a big phat ****

skill
07-14-2015, 08:13 PM
Here 3037 currently sits in my garage in a condition that the any lookey looker would say, "Damn - immaculate!" First and foremost, I'm very grateful to thank the vendor's DMC Texas (Jeff at Sales), Grady, Josh DPI, Millie on eBay and John Hervey. Vendors you could confirm me as a Buyer by looking at your Customer List, so ...

To be honest, 3037 was a barn find. I do thank heavily both Jeff and Millie for coming thru on reasonable prices on parts I know I could of never would of found locally or online. All helped me on making sure I replaced all the needed Rubber and plastic items needed to bring 3037 back to what it needed to be. Millie/Ed were very instrumental beyond what you would averagely expect to provide me with the knowledge in buying the right part for 3037. I personally thank them for being reasonable on and off eBay. All vendors have educated me, a certified car restorer, and walked me through the right parts I need and thank you to you. I don't understand your specifics, but I tell you as a Sociologist, I tell you as a random sample buyer I have not yet to experience a shitty part order from any of these vendors.

My purchase experience as follows:

DMC Texas: Ordered a knee pad and they did not have it available - Jeff refunded me 100% and guaranteed refund. Was first on waiting list.
John Hervey: Issue with seat covers; John instantly sent a perfect replacement and I had no issue and installed the covers next day.
Millie/Ed: Authentic parts and prices for parts purchased on eBay both at reasonable prices/ bulk or not, look me up: Hostwave (User ID)
John DPI: SS Screw kit for sunvisors and rivets. Quality and no where else to be found!
PJ Grady: Bought strut kit; Far better performing than DMC HQ company parts performed.

So - member reading each of these vendors are in the business for business. I have no negative qualms and recommend each of them as they each stand behind their product and customer service.

If you are going to bash these vendors than bash them to when they fail you as the customer, the individual. Overall, they are in the business for business and Customer Service is their true calling and making your dream happen. Each of these vendors mean well. Regardless reproducing a part (locally or away) or the last of the last of original DeLorean parts in existence - they all mean well and need to make a living and want to help you with keeping your dream alive.

Thank you.

GS450-Junkie
07-14-2015, 08:19 PM
I have no beef with Ed or his wife. I bought a LF fender off of them which they had listed on eBay a few years back. I paid $800 for it, replaced the missing rub strip and resold it for several thousand to a nice gentleman who had unfortunately just had his D side-swiped. I was happy with the transaction.Their shipping was prompt, and the fender made it in one piece. The hefty profit was nice, as it allowed me to spend a ton of money on my car. Thanks ED !!

BTW...The name Carter Wright sounds like a football player...or maybe a 70's porn star?? :hihi2: Just Teasing....

sdg3205
07-14-2015, 08:25 PM
If you are going to bash these vendors than bash them to when they fail you as the customer. Overall, they are in the business for business and Customer Service is there true calling and making your dream happen.

Thank you.

Ed didn't allow people without cars to buy parts. He also blacklisted VINs from access to parts, even if the car changed hands.

skill
07-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Ed didn't allow people without cars to buy parts. He also blacklisted VINs from access to parts, even if the car changed hands.

Hey Dave,

Not here to defend Ed. But I doubt he is doing that to people who are eBay buying because I've bought many parts (Fuel gauges, etc) without disclosing my VIN and have no issues. All items arrived at home. I have no idea to why someone would black list a VIN even if they exchanged hands. From my vendors listed above; I've never been asked for my VIN. Not sure if that's common practice - all parts I've seen online, bought and have arrived without issue/s.

sdg3205
07-14-2015, 08:46 PM
Hey Dave,

Not here to defend Ed. But I doubt he is doing that to people who are eBay buying because I've bought many parts (Fuel gauges, etc) without disclosing my VIN and have no issues. All items arrived at home. I have no idea to why someone would black list a VIN even if they exchanged hands. From any of the vendors, I've never been asked for my VIN. Not sure if that's common practice - all parts I've seen online, bought and have arrived without issue/s.

I hear ya. I was absolutely asked what my VIN was. I think the days of being the only game in town gave him the impression that was an acceptable business tactic. Obviously those days are long gone and he just wants to get rid of everything.

skill
07-14-2015, 08:55 PM
I hear ya. I was absolutely asked what my VIN was. I think the days of being the only game in town gave him the impression that was an acceptable business tactic. Obviously those days are long gone and he just wants to get rid of everything.

If vendors are keeping track of what [parts] I've purchased, for which I'm cool with [IMO]; I'm okay with it, because my hard work to buy replacement parts equals to my VIN, than NOTE IT, cuz I bought it and it appends to my machine cuz I had good reason.

Soundkillr
07-14-2015, 09:05 PM
There is no list as far as I know. Ed/Carter wouldn't give me one and said he had no time to make one. I will admit it wiould take a very long time to go through the boxes but most of them are core parts many of which are not worth rebuilding. The whole place is a total mess. He obviously never threw anything away. It's not a vender fight as Ed is no longer a vender. I am not fighting with him either. I'm just warning the forum members of the potential dangers of doing business with him. If that is something the members don't want to hear then I'll put a lid on it

Rob Grady

No Rob, I agree with you 100% and that's why the thread stays open (for now)
And BTW this crap about members emailing him and asking for prices, with a follow up of, I don't know a price or check eBay auction#.....will not stand if I have anything to say about it. If you (as a broker) took this job on, then it is your responsibility to know your products and prices for your client. If not, the ads come down, and you can go to another site, or eBay. I have checked with another mod to see if carter got a general post permission. I understand this is a rare case with a large list, and may require bending for sale rules a bit, but until I know for sure, ill let it ride. If he didn't get permission, and we as mods both agree, he is going to have to post a list and price, or I'm pulling the ad. So a heads up, as a broker I would be penning a list and prices, as its the only serious way to move a large amount of product.

Dangermouse
07-14-2015, 11:37 PM
Mmm, I like a good mystery....

I'm sure it's just a coincidence but according to the Internet (so it must be true), Mr B. was involved in a court case, in 1982, as a realtor, and his defense was the California Cartwright Act.

Cartwright, Carter Wright....

* insert Twilight Zone theme

http://law.justia.com/cases/california/court-of-appeal/3d/134/486.html

The Cartwright Act being an anti-price fixing act

http://www.girardgibbs.com/antitrust-california-cartwright-act/

Tenuous Coincidence? You decide.

Would be good enough for solving a cable TV crime series :)

Rich_NYS
07-15-2015, 10:12 AM

I'm sure it's just a coincidence but according to the Internet (so it must be true), Mr B. was involved in a court case, in 1982, as a realtor, and his defense was the California Cartwright Act.

That was pretty damn good....!

Ron
07-15-2015, 10:29 AM
Now hold your hoss!
Are you suggesting Mr Ed is simply trying to exploit a bonanza of parts here, which will wind up as Ben v/s Cartwright??

Lenny
07-15-2015, 10:29 AM

OK I did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVSRm80WzZk

PJ Grady Inc.
07-15-2015, 06:24 PM

You're a super sleuth! That would be vintage Ed Bernstein. We go back many years as he's been in the DMC business almost as long as me but everyone still thinks he was the "only game in town back then". Actually I predated his entrance by a few years but he was a showman and I was quiet and stuck to my work. People had other options then but before the internet most didn't know it. I actually like Ed in a strange way. He's a very funny and intelligent guy. I just hate how he does business with such deceit. I know he had plenty of customers who swore by him but he's had way too many owners who swore at him. They can't all be wrong. I'm sure there are people here that believe Carter Wright is a real person but it's definitely Ed at the wheel there. No one else talks like Ed except Carter Wright. I'm surprised he thinks this tactic will work for him but he's not the sharp tack he used to be!
Rob

mluder
07-16-2015, 06:09 PM

OK... That's a pretty good connection... Considering the fact that the OP has to do will selling goods.

Cheers
Steven

TTait
07-17-2015, 12:07 PM
I'm sure there are people here that believe Carter Wright is a real person

For those who don't know me well, my post above was intended as a thinly veiled invitation to Ed to stop acting like such a child...

Of course its him - it's (again) insulting for him to think he's fooling anyone.

Ed, if you read this, seriously consider that if everyone thinks you're a jerk, maybe the problem isn't everyone else. If you want to sell your inventory, man up and list what you have, and don't expect to be treated like a king when you're selling mostly old junk to be refurbished. People had to treat you that way for years because they didn't know they had any other option. The fact that you had a virtual monopoly for a while neither makes you a hero nor a good person.

List your stuff, as yourself. Take your lumps for the repeated disrespect you have shown for those you now want to sell to - or toss it all in a dumpster. We will be fine without you - really.

aotmfilms
07-17-2015, 01:59 PM
I was starting to wonder why it had been so long since the last public vendor fight on these boards. I'm glad I didn't miss this one. Now all we need is for VideoBob to enter the arena and take a few hits.

:boxface::hysterical:

Jonathan
07-17-2015, 03:51 PM
Now hold your hoss!
Are you suggesting Mr Ed is simply trying to exploit a bonanza of parts here, which will wind up as Ben v/s Cartwright??

He went quiet because his voice got hoarse... of course :)

It was the lawyer. Kobayashi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5Ed_vCOKY4

And like that... poof... he's gone.