PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Looking for project Deloreans for Sale.

AriDMC
08-07-2015, 01:34 PM
Hi All, I\m looking for anyone that may be selling a project/salvage/cheap Deloreans for sale.
Also, what would be an average price that these are going for with or without engines/transmissions?
Thanks in advance.

OverlandMan
08-07-2015, 05:21 PM
Hi All, I\m looking for anyone that may be selling a project/salvage/cheap Deloreans for sale.
Also, what would be an average price that these are going for with or without engines/transmissions?
Thanks in advance.

Not trying to deter you here but read this if you haven't already: http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?371-Please-read-before-posting-%93I-want-a-cheap-DeLorean%94-or-%93Project-Car-Wanted%94-threads

There was a car without a drive train or frame floating around a couple of times over the past 18 months. If you search hard on this forum you might come across it. I honestly don't remember what the asking price was. I don't think enough of these types of DeLoreans come around enough to actually give an "average".

If you're looking for something to do a drive train swap then do some research and reach out to some of the folks here who have accomplished this. If you're wanting to go with a stock setup, you're better off finding something with an existing stock drive train. Stock engines run ~$10k from DMCH and DPI if I recall (though I think all they actually sell are SPEC upgraded units). Transmissions are roughly half that.

You can occasionally find PRVs in donor cars that will work. The 3.0 is a common upgrade/swap.

The interior trim parts are all hard to find and expensive. Then there is the issues with different dye colors and upholstery shop foul-ups. The stock fuel and electrical systems can be a real PITA to maintain and troubleshoot. I'm not trying to steer you away, just sharing some of my experiences.

Parzval
08-07-2015, 11:43 PM
That car went to Beverly Hillls Car Club. It was in Florida first for something like $4.5k but it was only a body, no frame engine trans etc and it was pretty beat. Then it migrated to BHCC and was something like $9k.
Here's the linky. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11159-Anyone-Know-The-Story-On-The-81-For-Sale-At-Beverly-Hills-Car-Club&highlight=bhcc Don't know if it's still for sale or not. I'd only recommend it if you needed body parts. No frame killed that one for me.

There was a car without a drive train or frame floating around a couple of times over the past 18 months. If you search hard on this forum you might come across it. I honestly don't remember what the asking price was. I don't think enough of these types of DeLoreans come around enough to actually give an "average".

AriDMC
08-08-2015, 04:38 PM
That car went to Beverly Hillls Car Club. It was in Florida first for something like $4.5k but it was only a body, no frame engine trans etc and it was pretty beat. Then it migrated to BHCC and was something like $9k.
Here's the linky. http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11159-Anyone-Know-The-Story-On-The-81-For-Sale-At-Beverly-Hills-Car-Club&highlight=bhcc Don't know if it's still for sale or not. I'd only recommend it if you needed body parts. No frame killed that one for me.

Thanks. Ya, I lived pretty close the BHCC Delorean and went to take a look and it was not even remotely worth the 9K that they were asking. It looked like to should have gone for 3K.