PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1981 DMC-12 excellent condition for sale

delorean928
08-10-2015, 08:27 PM
Michelin tires almost new and the following items are new :

Brakes, all the rubber seals for doors and roof, front and rear fascias redone professional work, waterpump, belts, battery, thermostat, spark plugs, distributor cap and rotor, hoses of the cooling system, lower speedometer cable and dustcap, exterior mirrors, shifter cable, drive shaft seals, brake master cylinder, and more also by previous owner.

The car has never been accidented. No rust. I have the owner's manual and the file since the beginning of it's service in Illinois USA.

With the car come the shop manuals (paper)

The following upgrades have been done :

reinforcement of front facia (to avoid the Roger Moore effect), oïl pressure sender, alternator, reinforcement of front suspension, VOD (valey of death of the engine) cleaned and inspected A1.

The AC works ice cold, 17050 miles certified with history of the car that I have.

Power Windows and power mirrors, rpm, clock, genuine sound system, cargo net, remote control door locks.

I may forget some cause so much has been done :)

Asking $36500 cdn (around $28000 us) VIN 3425

Québec Canada

BladeBronson
08-19-2015, 12:06 AM
Did you import the car to Canada, do you know what's involved in bringing it back to the states? I previously owned #3452, so this would be a funny vin to own. :) I'm in California, so I'm only kind of serious.

TxGlenn
08-19-2015, 07:06 AM
Is the front lower fascia/spoiler painted a glossy black?

delorean928
08-19-2015, 07:13 AM
Just give a few hours and I ll be glad to answer.
Must work.
Thanx

delorean928
08-19-2015, 11:36 AM
Is the front lower fascia/spoiler painted a glossy black?

No it's semi gloss. For the grey part it has been done with original Alfa Romeo Paint code.

delorean928
08-19-2015, 11:42 AM
Did you import the car to Canada, do you know what's involved in bringing it back to the states? I previously owned #3452, so this would be a funny vin to own. :) I'm in California, so I'm only kind of serious.

Hi Blade, I should be meeting a friend of mine tomorrow to know more about exporting and payment etc. He should be able to give me precious infos. I have a buyers from the UK on it but nothing conclude yet. The car is US spec. It has been imported in Canada in 2006 and I bought it from the ones who imported it. I'm sure it will be less expensive and risky to ship it to the States cause it won't go in a container on the cargo ship etc etc.
I sent you a PM to contact me directly. Tell me if you did'nt receive it.

SShaw
08-19-2015, 11:50 AM
Would you please share any info related to importing from Canada to the U.S.? I've seen a couple of really nice cars for sale in Canada. Unfortunately I won't be ready to buy until next year. But, any info would be helpful for future knowledge. Thanks.

delorean928
08-19-2015, 04:31 PM
Would you please share any info related to importing from Canada to the U.S.? I've seen a couple of really nice cars for sale in Canada. Unfortunately I won't be ready to buy until next year. But, any info would be helpful for future knowledge. Thanks.

Yes I'll do my best but like I said it to someone else it will be infos coming from one guy here and if I were you I would take my informations from my side seriously just in case.

delorean928
08-20-2015, 05:30 PM
Hey guys are you still in? I will have some informations and probably a contact to ship the car.

delorean928
08-23-2015, 08:08 PM
Good time to bring back a D to the states from Canada cause your dollar is strong !!!!! $26600 us VIN 3425 Worth every penny ;)

delorean928
08-25-2015, 07:37 PM
Here are some informations about importing a car from Canada to USA. These information may not be complete and I'm sure there are other way to complete that like to send someone on site or to take the road or plane to go see the car in person like I already did.
I contacted a company who offers a turn key service and the amounts I'll give are for a shipping quote to pick-up a 1981 DeLorean of a value of $35000 CDN (important for insurance) in Quebec city Quebec Canada and delivery in Texas. The shipping costs $1800us, open or closed trailer (to be determine) + $200 us for broker + $162 for the bond + $450 for general management of the transaction including the preparation of necessary documents, communication with customs, pick-up, transportation, delivery and everything else. I contacted only one company but there are many doing that but I don't now if the fees may vary much.
It sounds expensive but I think it may worth it to get a rare car in an excellent condition with low mileage.

savetheclocktower
09-09-2015, 03:43 PM
Is this car still available?

delorean928
09-09-2015, 04:01 PM
Is this car still available?

Yes still available :)

savetheclocktower
09-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Dropped you a PM

delorean928
09-09-2015, 07:54 PM
Just sent you 4 emails of photos. Please confirm you got them.
Thanks

delorean928
09-20-2015, 11:02 AM
Vehicle Sold :)