PDA

View Full Version : DeLoreans Signed by JZD

Citizen
08-22-2015, 08:18 AM
Some know, I like to track statistics about our cars. Everything from painted cars, to engine conversions, to 100k mile cars, RHD, custom mods, etc. See my statistics page Here (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_TOTALS.asp).

Now I’m wondering how many cars have been signed by John DeLorean himself. If you have, or know of a VIN that has been signed by JZD, would you post it here?

Signed usually means on the dash, or visor, or engine cover, but really could be anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

DMC5180
08-22-2015, 03:45 PM
http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/22/fce4a8e8455e80d5668a4464ee4209ca.jpg

He signed mine at DCS 2000 Cleveland .

Which was the only event he ever came to.

99% of all cars with his signature are from that onetime appearance.

Dennis

SS Spoiler
08-22-2015, 03:48 PM
Except Marty Maier's....Get him to tell the story.

Chris Burns
08-22-2015, 03:56 PM
Autographed at DCS 2000.

Chris Burns
08-22-2015, 04:02 PM
Autographed at DCS 2000.

Citizen
08-23-2015, 08:21 AM
This is very cool!

Thank you all very much for responding. Keep them coming please. Any objections to use of the pictures you provided (to be placed with your VIN on the Registry database)?

SS Spoiler....I'm not sure how to contact Marty Maier, but maybe eventually he will read this thread.

Thomas

DMC5180
08-23-2015, 08:24 AM
That's a cool idea, you can use mine.

VIN 5000 belongs to Darren Decker.

Iznodmad
08-23-2015, 10:46 AM
I'm ok with the use of the pic supplied by Chris Burns of my VIN 5000. There is already a pic of my VIN plate in the Registry Database, so this can go with it.

Rich W
08-26-2015, 03:30 PM
Attaching a photo of JZD signing my friend Eric Weber's DeLorean (using a silver paint pen on the louver).

Not my photo (I am standing to the Right). Not Dave Swingle's photo (taking photo on the far back Left).

Not Marni's photo (Eric's girlfriend at the time ... she is standing between JZD and Eric, taking a photo)

Eric's DeLorean is VIN..007104

Citizen
08-29-2015, 08:57 AM
Attaching a photo of JZD signing my friend Eric Weber's DeLorean (using a silver paint pen on the louver).

VERY COOL PHOTO! Thanks Rich (and everyone). That makes 5 cars (identified) so far.

Thomas

Chris Burns
08-29-2015, 08:30 PM
VIN 10006 owned by Gt Avellon, is autographed.

Also has the Island twin turbo kit.

Sorry don't have a pic of the signature, but here is the car.

NJP548
09-01-2015, 01:53 PM
John DeLorean signed the underside of the glove box for VIN# 1852. That was the car I had back in 2000. I brought the glovebox door with me to Cleveland since I was in the middle of a frame-off restoration at the time.

Thanks.

-Nick Pitello

BladeBronson
09-15-2015, 08:23 PM
It's hard to remember exactly when this happened, but I would say early 2005, just a couple months before we lost John DeLorean. I took #3452 in for service at DMC Garden Grove and the plan was to leave the car at the shop and pick it up 2 weeks later. As I was leaving, Don Steger told me that it was too bad that I wouldn't be in town the following weekend because John DeLorean was going to be coming by the shop! I nearly changed my plans to bump into him, but decided against it. Instead, I wrote a very nice letter to John, sent it to Don along with a silver marker and a request for a signature on my car. When I picked up my car, John's signature was on the underside of my glove compartment lid. When I sold my car later that year, the last part I purchased for it was a replacement glove box lid. I still have the one that John signed for me and plan to attach it to the next DeLorean that I buy.

cpistocco
09-16-2015, 12:36 AM
It's hard to remember exactly when this happened, but I would say early 2005, just a couple months before we lost John DeLorean. I took #3452 in for service at DMC Garden Grove and the plan was to leave the car at the shop and pick it up 2 weeks later. As I was leaving, Don Steger told me that it was too bad that I wouldn't be in town the following weekend because John DeLorean was going to be coming by the shop! I nearly changed my plans to bump into him, but decided against it. Instead, I wrote a very nice letter to John, sent it to Don along with a silver marker and a request for a signature on my car. When I picked up my car, John's signature was on the underside of my glove compartment lid. When I sold my car later that year, the last part I purchased for it was a replacement glove box lid. I still have the one that John signed for me and plan to attach it to the next DeLorean that I buy.

If you ever decide to sell it...Look no further! :)

PJ Grady Inc.
10-07-2015, 06:08 PM
The "Green Machine has an autographed G.B.D. that was hand delivered to John by his daughter Katherine. I've told this story somewhere on Talk before so you could probably find it if you have an interest. Mine was the very last signature he gave at the close of the "Millenium" show in Cleaveland.
Rob

aotmfilms
10-13-2015, 02:33 PM
If you ever decide to sell it...Look no further! :)

I'm sure you could get some money for it. That would be a cool thing to have placed in my Delorean :)

Citizen
10-25-2015, 08:19 PM
The "Green Machine has an autographed G.B.D. that was hand delivered to John by his daughter Katherine. I've told this story somewhere on Talk before so you could probably find it if you have an interest. Mine was the very last signature he gave at the close of the "Millenium" show in Cleaveland.
Rob

Hey Rob,

Somehow I missed that. What VIN is the "Green Machine"? I'd like to add it to our list of signed cars.

Thanks,
Thomas

PJ Grady Inc.
11-19-2015, 04:07 PM
Hey Rob,

Somehow I missed that. What VIN is the "Green Machine"? I'd like to add it to our list of signed cars.

Thanks,
Thomas

I just noticed this post. For the record it's #005058.
Rob

cdmcali
01-15-2016, 05:06 PM
Some know, I like to track statistics about our cars. Everything from painted cars, to engine conversions, to 100k mile cars, RHD, custom mods, etc. See my statistics page Here (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_TOTALS.asp).

Now I’m wondering how many cars have been signed by John DeLorean himself. If you have, or know of a VIN that has been signed by JZD, would you post it here?

Signed usually means on the dash, or visor, or engine cover, but really could be anywhere.

Thanks in advance.

Thomas

I don't have a signed delorean but noticed mine is not on the list. How do I get it added?

BladeBronson
01-15-2016, 06:36 PM
For completeness, #3452 is no longer signed (I took the glove box lid off of it before selling the car). When I purchased #10644, I added the signed glove box lid to it. In order to make the leather match the dashboard, I separated the top and bottom portions of both glove box lids and paired the leather top from #10644 with the autographed metal bottom of #3452.

Citizen
01-15-2016, 07:29 PM
I don't have a signed delorean but noticed mine is not on the list. How do I get it added?

Hello Colin. Actually, yours is on the list. HERE (http://www.citizenkidd.com/dmc/pages/vinview_disp.asp?start=4626) is the link. This is the "Registry", which is different from the DeLorean Owners Directory (DOD) (http://www.deloreanownersdirectory.net). While you update your own information on the DOD, I update the Registry info, and have done so for your car.

Thanks for joining!

Thomas

Citizen
01-15-2016, 07:35 PM
For completeness, #3452 is no longer signed (I took the glove box lid off of it before selling the car). When I purchased #10644, I added the signed glove box lid to it. In order to make the leather match the dashboard, I separated the top and bottom portions of both glove box lids and paired the leather top from #10644 with the autographed metal bottom of #3452.

PM sent.

armac
06-07-2017, 03:31 PM
Signed by JZD on glove box and car is located in the Virginia Transportation Museum in Roanoke Virginia

armac
06-08-2017, 09:50 PM
Signed by JZD on glove box and car is located in the Virginia Transportation Museum in Roanoke Virginia

Picture attached

ssdelorean
05-06-2022, 01:06 PM
A bit late to this thread.
Before I had my car, I had John sign my Ertl BTTF model I converted to a stock DeLorean when I met him at the 2000 Cleveland, OH DeLorean Car Show.