PDA

View Full Version : Refrigerant Temp-Pressure Chart

Ron
08-16-2011, 01:27 AM
Temp-Pressure Charts for many refrigerants, HVAC Formulas, Ohms Law Wheel, ...

TTait
08-16-2011, 01:38 AM
Ron, This is great, thank you. Do I read this correctly that at 90 degrees ambient outdoor temp, R12 should be at 99PSI while 134 should be a few PSI higher? Is this the high pressure side?

Whats up Ron?

Delete me too?

Ron
08-16-2011, 01:51 AM
99.8 v/s 104.4F

It's for both sides...I should say it actually doesn't matter where it is...even in the can.
Note- If the refrigerant in you system is at ambient temp (having sat all night outside for example) you could use the chart to see what pressure to expect (both sides will be the same temp and pressure) before you start the vehicle.

Im going to post a great paper that will explain AC systems when I find it on my old HD later (tonight I hope).

You caught me in the middle of editing....so you should refresh and get the .pdf if you got the .JPEG or GIF file, it has more info and MUCH clearer.

Ron
08-16-2011, 03:48 AM
I believe this is what you are looking for TT.

Note: For DeLorean w/R12!

TTait
08-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Excellent - was that hiding in my manual the whole time? :thankyou:

Bitsyncmaster
08-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Now are those vent temps with the AC on MAX, the blower on #4, the doors closed and sitting in the direct sunlight? If so those temps would take some time to get that cold.

Ron
08-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Excellent - was that hiding in my manual the whole time? :thankyou:
Yeah, workshop manual. I don't remember if it's in the other(s) or not.

=====

Now are those vent temps with the AC on MAX, the blower on #4, the doors closed and sitting in the direct sunlight? If so those temps would take some time to get that cold.Really. Of coarse it is colder at the vent than where you sit, but I'd say maybe till hades freezes over.

Bitsyncmaster
08-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Really. Of coarse it is colder at the vent than where you sit, but I'd say maybe till hades freezes over.

My point is every AC system will put out 32 degree if the blower is on #1. So when someone checks their system on normal, blower #4 they should not expect those vent temps even with a brand new AC system running R12.

"AC discharge" is the vent temp.

Ron
08-16-2011, 09:26 PM
Huh? I was agreeing with you.