PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Rear Hub Carrier LH 100469

Mattr04
09-11-2015, 12:17 PM
Based on feedback from my mechanic, I suspect that my car has damage to the Rear Hub Carrier for the driver's side. The outer part of the axle was just replaced due to PO neglect (the nut that was holding it together was loose, and when we went to replace the bearing, saw that most of the threads were wore away). Now that the bearing and outer axle have been replaced, the entire suspension doesn't assemble tight enough for the locknut to stay in place (only 1/2 of one thread is sticking out as opposed to several).

We're going to disassemble it again to see if there's anything else we can check or fix\repair, but if I do need one, I wanted to see if any of you out there have one. It seems to be a fairly pricey part. Fortunately it's the one that is still available, but thought I'd check regardless. Thank you.

Regards,

Matt
VIN #1466

dn010
09-11-2015, 04:33 PM
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?11664-Hub-Carriers

Please keep in mind, OBO for all my stuff.

dn010
09-13-2015, 02:32 PM
Also, be advised, my "replacement" outer drive shaft, concave washer, bearing and nut had less threads showing once assembled than my original parts. As long as you can put it together, torque the nut down to spec and the wheel doesn't move back and forth or there is no bearing noise while driving - you're fine.

PJ Grady Inc.
10-08-2015, 03:02 PM
Based on feedback from my mechanic, I suspect that my car has damage to the Rear Hub Carrier for the driver's side. The outer part of the axle was just replaced due to PO neglect (the nut that was holding it together was loose, and when we went to replace the bearing, saw that most of the threads were wore away). Now that the bearing and outer axle have been replaced, the entire suspension doesn't assemble tight enough for the locknut to stay in place (only 1/2 of one thread is sticking out as opposed to several).

We're going to disassemble it again to see if there's anything else we can check or fix\repair, but if I do need one, I wanted to see if any of you out there have one. It seems to be a fairly pricey part. Fortunately it's the one that is still available, but thought I'd check regardless. Thank you.

Regards,

Matt
VIN #1466

It's a very tight press fit drawing the axle into the bearing and it's easy to think the axle is seated when it actually isn't. That sounds like the problem here. Try drawing the axle in further before taking it apart as you will probably need to change the bearing again. We also have new and used hubs if you need one.

Rob

eagle-co94
10-10-2015, 10:15 PM
I've got a pair of used hubs available as well if you end up needing one.