PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Stainless coolant bottle

Socal_dmc
09-14-2015, 01:16 PM
Looking for a stainless coolant bottle to replace the stock plastic one. Getting ready to replace the rubber coolant hoses and now's a good time. Thx.

Matt

Mark D
09-15-2015, 10:31 AM
One thing worth noting is that not all stainless coolant bottles are created equally. Some are constructed from 100% stainless steel while others (Special T Auto in particular) has a brass neck that is painted with silver paint. I unknowingly purchased one with a brass neck and the paint almost immediately flaked off. It's not a huge deal breaker but it may matter to you. If I had to do it again I'd buy one that is all stainless.

Just something to keep in mind as you search for a used one or if you end up buying one new from a vendor.

SS Spoiler
09-15-2015, 06:10 PM
They also polish up nicely....

Socal_dmc
09-15-2015, 07:43 PM
Thanks for the heads up.

Bitsyncmaster
09-16-2015, 05:45 AM
I also got one from Special T long ago. It is all SS construction but the mounting brackets were placed wrong in that I needed spacers (washers) to lift it from contacting the black tub (body).

micmak
09-16-2015, 07:54 AM
I also got one from Special T long ago. It is all SS construction but the mounting brackets were placed wrong in that I needed spacers (washers) to lift it from contacting the black tub (body).

I had the same problem with a DMC tank, Dave. It is not exactly jammed in tight against the tub, but if the brackets had been welded on more to the right hand side, it would have given more comfortable space around the tank to route the overflow hose. Not a big deal. Just a little annoying.:frown:

......Mike......

dn010
09-16-2015, 09:37 AM
Bought mine from SpecialT when they were first available and the brass neck is too long, I can't get any caps to seal on it unless I double up the bottom rubber seal on the cap. If I don't do this, it will dump coolant out the relief hose when hot.

mr_maxime
09-16-2015, 12:41 PM
Is it possible that some don't fit right because of how they were original brackets were drilled in? Just curious since I know deloreans aren't the most consistent.

Alegria
09-17-2015, 02:31 PM
still trying to find out where this coolant bottle is from??? somebody can help? :wave2:

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=35833&d=1438482223