PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone buy this craigslist 1982 Delorean - $5500 (Terre Haute) ?

wtbstuff
08-16-2011, 03:00 PM
1982 Delorean - $5500 (Terre Haute)
Date: 2011-08-13, 11:05PM EDT
Reply to: email [Errors when replying to
ads?]
1982 Delorean for sale. Use for parts or total restore.

I wrote the seller last night, he wrote back today saying he just sold it. Just wondering if anyone on here bought it? How bad is it?

Jay

bassplayer4na
01-30-2012, 09:10 PM
I am the guy who purchased the Delorean in terre haute for 5500 it needs a new frame but I purchased one in Ohio so now it's just the motivation for taking the body off and putting the other frame under it. I do not know of the engine or trans condition. The seats were also in bad shape all of the frame pieces on the frame were beyond repair and seat covers were bad as well. I have purchased. Complete seats as well. But other than those items the body condition is fair and needs a windshield. It's in storage at the moment until I get some motivation or time which ever comes first.

Nicholas R
01-30-2012, 11:49 PM
I am the guy who purchased the Delorean in terre haute for 5500 it needs a new frame but I purchased one in Ohio so now it's just the motivation for taking the body off and putting the other frame under it. I do not know of the engine or trans condition. The seats were also in bad shape all of the frame pieces on the frame were beyond repair and seat covers were bad as well. I have purchased. Complete seats as well. But other than those items the body condition is fair and needs a windshield. It's in storage at the moment until I get some motivation or time which ever comes first.

Where are you located? Anywhere near Cincinnati?

Have you gotten in tough with anyone in DCO? (DeLorean Club of Ohio) http://ohiodeloreans.com/

The group is pretty strong here. Welcome!

dvonk
01-31-2012, 01:18 AM
I am the guy who purchased the Delorean in terre haute...

welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your purchase! :wave:

Karin
01-31-2012, 04:26 AM
Ooo, neat, we got another new DeLorean owner to bask in his new car. Welcome to our forums.

bassplayer4na
01-31-2012, 10:29 AM
Thanks for the welcome mat, and I think I am about 5 hours away from Ohio.