PDA

View Full Version : Ebay sellers non paying buyer of RV. Any suggestions what to do?

wtbstuff
08-16-2011, 03:03 PM
Ebay sellers, I have a non paying buyer of RV. Any suggestions what to do? I have called them twice, emailed no response. Any suggestions what to do?

thanks
Jay

Bruce Johnson
08-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Try here:

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?CustomerSupport&search=1&query=How%20do%20I%20report%20an%20item%20that%20w asn't%20paid%20for?

Good luck

Bruce

SamHill
08-16-2011, 06:25 PM
How much money we talkin' here, Willis? Because the $$ at stake determines the answer. If it's under $5K then just definitely relist, as it is not worth your time or trouble. Next time, say that you will refuse bids from those you have not emailed and confirmed that they are good for it.

stevedmc
08-16-2011, 06:31 PM
How long has this been? Are we talking a could of hours or days? I would definately wait at least 2 days before taking any action.

In reality the buyer is probably wanting to back out if it has been a few days with no communication. On the other hand, he/she could have had something serious happen like a death in the family and just isn't at home to answer the phone/email.

wtbstuff
08-17-2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the advice. It ended Sunday afternoon. Still no contact....

Bruce Johnson
08-17-2011, 04:03 PM
I would give the buyers one last chance to complete the transaction within a set amount of time, say 48 hours, with a warning that you will file a non-paying bidder complaint in Ebay's resolution center (see link above). Always contact them through Ebay's email system. They can refer to those back and forth emails (or lack thereof) when they contact the buyer. I've been in this situation a few times and things were worked out. It just takes a little effort and time. At best, you'll get your money, and if not you'll get your fees refunded in the form of a credit toward future listings and sales fees. Good luck.

Bruce

DeBro
08-18-2011, 04:41 PM
I would give the buyers one last chance to complete the transaction within a set amount of time, say 48 hours, with a warning that you will file a non-paying bidder complaint in Ebay's resolution center (see link above). Always contact them through Ebay's email system. They can refer to those back and forth emails (or lack thereof) when they contact the buyer. I've been in this situation a few times and things were worked out. It just takes a little effort and time. At best, you'll get your money, and if not you'll get your fees refunded in the form of a credit toward future listings and sales fees. Good luck.

Bruce

Ebay rarely forces the buyer to pay for the item, the buyer will just get negative feedback and may be disallowed from bidding on items.

uhhair
08-18-2011, 07:05 PM
If they don't pay, e-bay will also refund your listing fee and final value fee, so it's of no cost to you that the decided not to pay in the long run. Yes, it is annoying though.

Bruce Johnson
08-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Contrary to what was said earlier I've had 2 non payers both owing over $600.00. I opened a complaint in the resolution center and within a week I was paid in full.

Bruce

wtbstuff
08-19-2011, 11:25 AM
Thats great to hear that ebay helped you. I have called several times since Sunday when it ended and emailed through ebay several times. I just opened a non paying ticket with ebay. thanks