PDA

View Full Version : Rich W's Custom DeLoreans in Germany (sort of) on GRIP Magazine TV Show

Rich W
10-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Well, it's been two days since the GRIP Magazine TV film crew was here in the U.S. to video some content
for an upcoming "TV and Movie Car Special" anticipated to be aired this Sunday, October 11.

For those who know of the magazine and the show, you will recognize one of the hosts, Helge Thomsen.
(GRIP das Motormagazin)

A few behind the scenes photos of the video shoot. (there may be lots of Go Pro footage with the D Rex)

More details will be provided after the show is initially aired this Sunday, October 11, 2015 in Germany.

A big thanks to Oliver Richardt and his crew, for getting all the filming we could, in a very brief time.

Note: The show has occasional commentary in German, but most of the content will be in English.

Rich W
10-12-2015, 06:35 PM
Scheduling change (sorry, I just found out today). Oliver sent me an email today, confirming a scheduling change to Sunday, October 18.

Show will be aired on German TV between 6pm and 8pm (German Time) and I should get a link to the show footage sometime next week.

I got a few emails last week, asking quite a few questions and clarifications, so I am hoping the extra week will increase content accuracy.

batmandeluxe
10-18-2015, 03:35 PM
Nice TV Show and the DeLorean ist Number 1 of the movie cars :)

For those of you who want to see it, klick here (i hope the link works in the US) http://www.nowtv.de/rtl2/grip-das-motormagazin/list/aktuell

It's the latest show on the site.

Chris Burns
10-18-2015, 11:46 PM
Here is the German version from You Tube.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SGkbZZ1MobE

Rich W
10-27-2015, 05:45 PM
A co-worker of mine forwarded me another GRIP link which has some additional drive-around video footage in the D Rex.

It’s the first video on the page, just under the collection group photo and above the original TV show video segment.

http://www.rtl2.de/sendung/grip-das-motormagazin/folge/folge-337-asphaltduell-deutschland-gegen-frankreich

Note: No matter what the final version appears to be, it really is me doing the majority of driving in the D Rex.

Henrik
10-27-2015, 11:23 PM
Very nice Rich!! The German over-dubbing is really tiring though. Long live Subtitles!

Rich W
10-07-2016, 04:25 PM
Well, it's been two days since the GRIP Magazine TV film crew was here in the U.S. to video some content
for an upcoming "TV and Movie Car Special" anticipated to be aired this Sunday, October 11, 2015.

For those who know of the magazine and the show, you will recognize one of the hosts, Helge Thomsen.
(GRIP das Motormagazin)

A few behind the scenes photos of the video shoot. (there may be lots of Go Pro footage with the D Rex)

One year later ... not sure if its a "re-hash" with similar footage or if it is a "new" show with a bit different theme.

Thanks again to my co-worker Antje, who does much better translations from German to English that I can do.

Translation:

GRIP Extreme – The Motor Magazine: The 10 Craziest Car Collections”
• The Top 10 of the weirdest and most extensive motor vehicle collections
• Airs on Sunday, Oct 10, 2016, 5pm on RTL2

Car collectors are often weird people: GRIP Extreme goes on a search for the 10 craziest car collector and wants
to get to know the people behind them closer. Why does anybody buy the same car 22 times?
And why do you have to turn a beautiful DeLorean into a Bigfoot, a monster truck? Often the collections are spectacular,
but even more fascinating are the collectors with their stories. One for example is a Porsche enthusiast, even though he
doesn’t look like that at all. The GRIP test drivers Det, Helge and Matthias want to see and drive all the cars of the 10
craziest car collections, but most of all they want to get to know the people behind the collections, who are completely
off their rocker in a likeable way. And there they often won’t know what hit them: How does Matthias feel in the
passenger seat when the driver sits in the back seat?

German Link:

http://www.ots.at/presseaussendung/OTS_20161007_OTS0112/grip-extrem-das-motormagazin-die-zehn-verruecktesten-autosammlungen