PDA

View Full Version : Does not remember me

Bitsyncmaster
10-06-2015, 07:04 AM
Now when I open the forum, it does not remember me and I have to sign on each time. Is this a problem with the forum or my computer?

DrJeff
10-06-2015, 07:22 AM
It logged me in (remembered me) without any problem this morning. (I'm using IE11)

Jeff

Ron
10-06-2015, 08:11 AM
Have you changed any browser settings (e.g. "clear cookies on exit, etc."), allowed an update, or run a "cleaner".

Bitsyncmaster
10-06-2015, 08:14 AM
Have you changed any browser settings (e.g. "clear cookies on exit, etc."), allowed an update, or run a "cleaner".

Nothing had changed. It worked first time this morning and next time I opened it did not work. I signed in and said remember me but it does not remember. I'm still running XP on this system. I hate to clear cookies since that clears all my sign in web sites.

When I log in again, I get this:

Invalid Redirect URL (http://www.dmctalk.org/)

Ron
10-06-2015, 08:40 AM
Yeah, I get the same thing using that link. But. if I click on anything, it goes on normally.
Try this one (log in, leave and try it again):
http://dmctalk.org/forum.php

davidc89
10-06-2015, 08:45 AM
Did you try turning it off and turning it on again?

Bitsyncmaster
10-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I get the same thing using that link. But. if I click on anything, it goes on normally.
Try this one (log in, leave and try it again):
http://dmctalk.org/forum.php

Looks like that new link works with a new shortcut.

Ron
10-06-2015, 10:25 AM
:thumbup:

P.S. Package received

Tillsy
10-07-2015, 04:45 PM
I just had exactly the same thing - didn't remember who I was anymore, and when I logged in a DMC Talk error page came up saying invalid redirect www.dmctalk.org - it then redirected anyway.

FABombjoy
10-08-2015, 09:39 AM
This is because the server is misconfigured and considers www.dmctalk.org and dmctalk.org as two different servers.

A server admin needs to reconfigure the PHP session cookie domain settings to work across subdomains.

Tillsy
10-24-2015, 01:57 AM
Test

Tillsy
10-24-2015, 02:02 AM
Well I was just posting to say I'm fed up with the side effects and errors from this problem and have now edited the bookmark on my Mac, iPad, and iPhone to trim off the www.

Should have fixed everything up as I'm now surfing via the pure URL with no subdomain that the site seems to recently be mistakenly hardcoded for.

But then during posting this occurs... can't win so frustrating :(

Tamir A.
10-25-2015, 04:20 PM
I'll have my guy look at this, as it appears to have started occurring for you after he updated the software. That might have something to do with it.

refugeefromcalif
10-25-2015, 06:54 PM
Maybe I'm wrong for doing this but, I don't log out after I've visited this site. I close the window when I'm done. When I open it again, (With a saved link), I just enjoy the site
I Don't search/access internal thread links, (via things like Google), from outside dmctalk.org. Makes life simple for me with less Bugs.? :question:

George