PDA

View Full Version : The DeLorean.EU AC face plate decal

Bitsyncmaster
10-06-2015, 04:26 PM
I got one of the new DeLorean.EU face plate decals. I was after the larger text font for the warning indicators.

My first impression was the warning indicators which are colored in orange show up to much without the back light. OEM was red filtered text with the defog block orange.

The text around the center knob and fan speed knob is frosted white. Not back side filtered green like the OEM.

The red and blue rings around the temp setting knob look to be the same as the OEM. Which should be good with my LED board not to show LED dots.

I must have ordered the large font decal (they offer two decals) which has the HEAT and COOL at the bottom of the temp rings. I'm not sure I like the warning text showing so much not back lighted yet. I did pull the paper backing off the decal and hold the decal in front of my LED boards just to test. The orange color on the warning text is not a problem since my red LEDs wash out the orange color. The white frosted text also does not seem to be a problem since the LED colors show correctly. Actually I had one owner ask if he could get red LEDs on the text and I could get no red light through the green filtered text. So maybe with this decal red LEDs may be an option. I still need to mount the decal on the face plate to check if the blue temp ring LEDs will bleed into the green text LEDs since that text has no color filter.

I will post a photo after my camera charges.

Bitsyncmaster
10-06-2015, 05:47 PM
Here the photo of the new one (on the bottom) with the OEM decal that I removed from my car on top.

Note the new decal still has the paper backing. Also note the text font is a little larger on the new decal.

sebastian_6577
03-05-2016, 12:08 AM
The only way to solve the Problem is to take a second Decal and fix it over the first one.

kajcienski
03-05-2016, 04:31 AM
When I made my own "decal", I used ultra thin lighting gels to produce the colored light behind what looked like white frosted lettering. It would not take much to use certain gels to adjust brightness or color on these. Just a suggestion :)

Kherns
03-24-2016, 05:54 AM
Put it on my car this weekend.
Works well with LED, for my own taste.
Way better than my old one getting crappy :)