PDA

View Full Version : BTTF events - Doc Brown..

Timebender
10-12-2015, 06:28 PM
I've been asked both by a local museum as well as a fellow R2 Builder to attend their BTTF events - one on the 21st and one on the 24th, and I pretty much have everything I need for a passable Doc Brown costume (Brown Bag pants, tennies, Hawaiian shirt, lab coat, old oakley glasses that look like the ones from 2015), but need a good wig. The mad scientist one at Party City is sucky at best.
Anyone else dress up as Doc, and if so what wig did you use- and would it be better to do a full hair wig, or one with the balding in front?

Greg

mluder
10-12-2015, 07:38 PM
I had a friend custom make one... It wasn't very expensive - She used rather cheap materials with the admission that it wouldn't hold up.
Your best bet would be to hit up a wig shop or professional costume shop. Get something in a white/grey that's longer than you need and trim it yourself.

Here's a pic of me as Marty and my friend wearing the Doc.
BTW - Doc never wears a lab coat... (EDIT) OK... My bad. I guess he does in 1955.

...and another close-up of me in the costume.

Cheers
Steven

davidc89
10-12-2015, 08:29 PM
I got the setup from HalloweenCostumes.com? They have the first movie and second movie costumes. Pretty good for the price.

DL4567
10-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Here's a pic of me as Marty and my friend wearing the Doc.

Cheers
Steven

Just curious where you got the Guess jacket and orange vest? They look really accurate in that photo.

Nicholas R
10-12-2015, 10:58 PM
Just curious where you got the Guess jacket and orange vest? They look really accurate in that photo.

Agreed; the denim jacket looks perfect! Is it an original? I have the BATMJ one and the black polka-dots on the inside drive me nuts.

mluder
10-12-2015, 11:43 PM
The denim jacket is by Max Cady. http://maxcady.com/e/bttfje.htm
I have two versions. The original one seen in the picture above had lighter color denim all around. I ended up dyeing the blue a darker color.
Their new version is darker all around so the blue is good but the grey is too dark. I'm going to try stone washing it to lighten everything up.
The best thing about this jacket is it has the loose billowy fit. The paisley lining is wrong - too big - but passable.
If you order one go way big. They run small and will shrink. I'm 510 and 175 pounds ( yeah, yeah, I know... I'm working on it) and I ordered an XL and probably could have done XXL as it's really loose on Marty.

STAY AWAY FROM THEIR VEST!!! The color is wrong and the fit is bad and it's too stiff... Ask me how I know... :mad:

My vest is an eBay find. I've bought like 3 different ones now and this is the closest color and finish. Unfortunately it has a yellow lining. Maybe I'll try to replace it someday.

Cheers
Steve

Nicholas R
10-13-2015, 09:00 PM
If you order one go way big. They run small and will shrink. I'm 510 and 175 pounds ( yeah, yeah, I know... I'm working on it) and I ordered an XL and probably could have done XXL as it's really loose on Marty.

Noted; looks like I may be ordering an XL :D