PDA

View Full Version : Instant Time Machine - Deacals ATTACHED

bcarreras
10-13-2015, 11:35 AM
First off, Sorry for the misspelling, the title should read "DECALS attached".

Hi, All!

Last year everyone asked me how I got my window decals printed. I got them printed on clear vinyl, and then used a razorblade to trim out the elements.

I think it was about a $40 print job for the two windows. This can be done by any local sign printer if you want, hopefully before Oct 21:

Left rear window:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B36Bg1rum9UJV2VxemhZT21zTms/view?usp=sharing

Right rear window:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B36Bg1rum9UJLVJMUmdFMldpS1U/view?usp=sharing

Thank goodness Google Drive had a backup of my files from when my Hard Drive went bad a while back. Sorry for the 1 year delay on this, everyone!

Best,

Brett
Promoter of the VA Comicon

DavidProehl
10-13-2015, 09:32 PM
Very cool idea! Do you have any pictures of them installed that you could share? I could see how this along with some cardboard vents that are made to strap on top of the louvers would be a fun parade addition.

bcarreras
10-14-2015, 01:24 AM
Very cool idea! Do you have any pictures of them installed that you could share? I could see how this along with some cardboard vents that are made to strap on top of the louvers would be a fun parade addition.

Hi. Yeah...be sure to check my original thread for last year http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?9710-New-1981-owner-Trying-for-quot-2000-non-destructive-quot-Time-Machine-mod-Wish-me-luck!

Best.

Brett

jackb
10-14-2015, 08:35 AM
Thank you :)
I was actually just looking yesterday at pictures I had taken of the Time Machines at DCS and thinking about how I still really wanted to do this. I took a whole bunch of pictures of those sections for the express purpose of getting decals printed, but, life got in the way and I still hadn't gotten it done.

davidc89
05-05-2016, 08:17 AM
What are the dimensions of the decal?

Michael
05-05-2016, 11:40 AM
What are the dimensions of the decal?

I would imagine pretty darn close to the dimensions of your quarter glass.

davidc89
05-05-2016, 12:00 PM
I would imagine pretty darn close to the dimensions of your quarter glass.

I would imagine you would be right! I am going to have these made for my car, but I don't have my car to take measurements off of.

davidc89
05-14-2016, 12:58 PM

Here's a photo of one of the decals on my car. I got mine printed on 3m vinyl, so you can't see through them or see out. The measurements I used for the decals were 13 1/4" tall by 29 1/4" long.

Timebender
05-14-2016, 02:12 PM
It would be cool to actually have these modeled then made into vacu-formed pieces that can stick on the window, thus you'd get the silver boxes popping out a bit - or anything that goes beyond the window frame.

Gary Weaver II
05-16-2016, 03:49 PM
Years ago one of the builders made his pontoon components in two pieces. An inner set that lay out on the pontoon and then the outer details which were mounted onto the glass. From about 10 feet away it looked totally legit and you could hardly see the glass.

-Gary

Timebender
05-16-2016, 03:56 PM
That's actually a pretty interesting idea. Do you remember what was on the decal vs the stuff on the pontoon?

Gary Weaver II
05-19-2016, 10:31 AM
There were no stickers involved. He used physical parts. Imagine the glass as a cutting plane with props above and below. He also kept the rear window in place and modified all the parts there so they would still be in the correct spots, but were cut to fit the contour of the window. It was really cool.

-Gary

Lwanmtr
08-13-2016, 04:31 AM
A vaccuformed thing like that could be cool. putting a grey vinyl or somethign on the windowa would allow for scanning the rear area to get accurate measurements for cutting.

I've had my brain working on non-destructive ways to do a time machine that I could put on for special occaisions and take off easily.

cpistocco
01-28-2017, 11:46 PM
A vaccuformed thing like that could be cool. putting a grey vinyl or somethign on the windowa would allow for scanning the rear area to get accurate measurements for cutting.

I've had my brain working on non-destructive ways to do a time machine that I could put on for special occaisions and take off easily.

I think that quite a few of us share the same wish.....The best of both worlds....BTTF AND a Stock car.