PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean spotted in St Petersburg

SBL
10-16-2015, 11:21 PM
I saw a D parked at a a white apartment building on 46th st (or was it avenue) in St Petersburg FL the other night. Anybody know whose car that is? Gas flap; body looked good, a bit dusty.

dn010
10-20-2015, 12:04 PM
Not sure whose car it is but I work in St Pete, I can try to go by sometime and see if I can get a vin...

SBL
10-24-2015, 03:25 AM
I need to ask my wife exactly where we were when we saw it.

BTW, have yu had to have AC work done here in the area?

dn010
10-27-2015, 11:54 AM
I've required all kinds of AC work however I do not visit shops, all repairs are done on my own.

I need to ask my wife exactly where we were when we saw it.

BTW, have yu had to have AC work done here in the area?

milesengineer
06-07-2016, 10:25 PM
pretty sure that was my car. it was off of 46th ave. 2k miles and one of the first 500 imported. need help getting it running, any takers?

DMC-81
06-07-2016, 10:44 PM
pretty sure that was my car. it was off of 46th ave. 2k miles and one of the first 500 imported. need help getting it running, any takers?

Welcome to the forum! Your car sounds intriguing.

What are the details of the non-running status? What kind of work has already been done? Etc. Pictures would also be helpful.

Cheers,

milesengineer
06-08-2016, 08:15 AM
Well my car has quite the story. It was purchased in Washington State by a wealthy vietnamese business man. He had twin 16 y/o boys and for their birthday he bought them 2 brand new Honda's. The father also wanted a Delorean and made a deal with the dealership where if he bought the 2 Honda's he also wanted to buy a Delorean but didnt want to travel across town to get it. The dealership went and got the car and a salesman and brought it to the Honda dealer and the deal was done. On the way home the father hated the Delorean so much that he parked it in the garage and rarely drove it. There is an oil change sticker on the driver door from 1993 where the car had 1300 miles on it. The father died in 2008 and left the mass of his estate to the other son. The only thing left to the son I got it from was the Delorean. At that time the car was shipped to Las Vegas, where the son was living, and parked outside. It sat there for 3 years untouched. He then moved to Miami and shipped the car there as well. In Miami the car was worked on by an old Jamacian guy who proceeded to put a battery in it and try to start the car with 30 y/o gas. You know what happened next. Sat for about 6 months until I got it. The car also has the factory tires on it. Not completely dry rotted as you would expect.

Fast forward..... I have since tore the fuel system apart. New pump after cleaning the tank, new filter, new accumulator. Rebuilt the fuel distributor, new ss line and injectors. Full tune up. It runs but not well at all. The fans work, suprisingly. In the 3 years I have had it the car has moved about .5 miles. I would like to get it running and enjoy it but not sure I can figure it out. Oh I have also put new window actuators in. Screw you Delorean for that design!!!!

Thats the story and where I am at. I just realized I have no pics of this car. I will grab some from the warehouse today.

dn010
06-08-2016, 08:44 AM
Welcome, awesome story! If you need any help with repairs drop me a PM. I live in Seminole near the Bardmoor area and work in downtown St Pete.

milesengineer
06-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Welcome, awesome story! If you need any help with repairs drop me a PM. I live in Seminole near the Bardmoor area and work in downtown St Pete.

Thank you Dan!! I will take you up on that for sure. The car is stored near my house off of 54th ave and 28th st n.

dn010
06-08-2016, 03:56 PM
You're about 15-20 minutes away from where I live. I'll PM you my contact info.

Jonathan
06-08-2016, 09:26 PM
Welcome, awesome story!

+1

One son gets the family fortune and the other son gets the DeLorean?! Sheesh, that's just cruel, lol.

Imagine the look on their faces when some lawyer sitting around a big table read out the details.

"Joseph, your father left you the house in the Bahamas, the penthouse apartment in Manhattan, the ranch in Montana, the Ferrari, the Lamborghini, the Maserati, and all $50 million of the cash and invested funds. Peter, your father left you...... the DeLorean."

DMCMW Dave
06-08-2016, 10:14 PM
+1

One son gets the family fortune and the other son gets the DeLorean?! Sheesh, that's just cruel, lol.

Imagine the look on their faces when some lawyer sitting around a big table read out the details.

"Joseph, your father left you the house in the Bahamas, the penthouse apartment in Manhattan, the ranch in Montana, the Ferrari, the Lamborghini, the Maserati, and all $50 million of the cash and invested funds. Peter, your father left you...... the DeLorean."

Reminds me of this one, but sort of the opposite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPLNhqca0Qc

milesengineer
06-08-2016, 10:27 PM
That was almost the scenario. The other brother got a house in Seattle, Ferrari 308 and some kind of old Lambo. The guy I got it from was def the black sheep. He lived in an old trailer park full of crack-heads. I was nervous counting the cash out, and that was standing in the police dept parking lot.

milesengineer
06-12-2016, 07:47 PM
That was almost the scenario. The other brother got a house in Seattle, Ferrari 308 and some kind of old Lambo. The guy I got it from was def the black sheep. He lived in an old trailer park full of crack-heads. I was nervous counting the cash out, and that was standing in the police dept parking lot.

Dan sent you an email on Thursday. Let me know if you got it.

Thanks

dn010
06-12-2016, 09:04 PM
Hey, just responded to you - sorry for the delay.

Morpheus
06-13-2016, 04:09 PM
Welcome to the forum! You will find a plethora of help here. Also, send an email to deloreanclubfl@gmail(dot)com with your car's stats and I will add you to our mailing list of DCF gatherings and events.

dn010
06-17-2016, 02:36 PM
I emailed on the 12th and haven't heard from him since...? Hope all is well!

milesengineer
06-22-2016, 09:16 PM
Dan and I have spoken via email and I think we might be able to get my car up and going soon.

Just thought I would share the last of the vin, 000985. The only thing that sucks is the guy I got it from wasnt smart enough to document miles when he titled it. The title says exempt. I checked the autocheck on it and the last time the odometer was recorded was in 2012 and stated 26000. I dont understand this as I have owned the car since 2010 and it hasnt been on the road nor has it been retitled. Guess I will have to amend the results. The car shows 2600 miles. Maybe a clerical error? Just something else to add to the story of this car.

07-27-2016, 09:40 PM
At DCS there was a st pete owner of multiple D's at my dinner table.. i didn't get a chance to get his contact info, is it by any chance anyone on this thread?

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk