PDA

View Full Version : For Sale FOR SALE: '81 & Cared for From Day One

Motostalgia
10-21-2015, 10:35 PM
*Low miles (2,580)
*Well preserved and presented
*Excellent mechanical condition

Exterior shows no signs of wear or tear and both front and rear nose and deck end pieces have retained original colors

Asking $45,000-$55,000
**Will be auctioned off Nov. 6&7, 2015, part of Motostalgia Grand Prix Auction

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/10/21/cb4404dcb3a13c5caf9b84b88a4f2460.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nicholas R
10-22-2015, 05:15 AM
Considering that this car is listed as having the original tires, I'm intrigued as to why it has the 'wrong' rims. It's obviously got light grey rims (post vin 1883) instead of dark grey rims, which 1521 would have had.

Also just as a point of note, you've got it listed as a 3 speed automatic; it's pretty clearly a manual. That's a pretty major difference, especially for someone that would consider spending $50,000 on a DeLorean. Transmission type can often be a deal breaker.

You should post some photos of the engine. Otherwise it looks nice :thumbup:

EDIT: Just so we're clear, this car does run right? I only ask because of this comment:

Whether this time* capsule will be put away and kept in its present condition, or freshened up and made road*-ready to be enjoyed will be the new owner’s future decision, for this blast to the past.

That really makes it sound as though it is not currently road ready. I certainly hope it runs for that price :wink:

louielouie2000
10-22-2015, 09:01 AM
Considering that this car is listed as having the original tires, I'm intrigued as to why it has the 'wrong' rims. It's obviously got light grey rims (post vin 1883) instead of dark grey rims, which 1521 would have had.

Those look like the original dark grey rims to me. :confused0:

Dangermouse
10-22-2015, 09:05 AM
Am I the only one ticked off that a used car dealer is using the forum to sell his inventory?

And Mr Motostalgia, at least use the right link to the car, rather than just to your home page, hoping to drum up more business. Here, let me help you:

Edit: the original poster can pm people a direct link

And note:

It is a manual, not an auto
It isn't a 200HP EFI engine unless it has been upgraded, unlikely in a barn find with so few miles
It doesn't have power assited brakes
It isn't the 1521st car

It was on craigslist last year as a "barn find" and has traveled 2 miles since then, so I also wonder about it's roadworthiness. Interestingly, that CL ad didn't have any engine pics either. Perhaps the cover is broken.

ccurzio
10-22-2015, 09:08 AM
Am I the only one ticked off that a used car dealer is using the forum to sell his inventory?

Nope. Same here.

It's also against the rules.

Soundkillr
10-22-2015, 10:59 AM
I'm locking this, and going to suggest we delete this thread, but I'll hold off on that for now. This looks like a spam post to me from some dealer looking to move inventory on a car he has no interest in other than dumping. (And your first post as well)
If your plan is to auction the car, this isn't the area to advertise that. This is just to close to spamming.

Update: I removed the link to your website. It would have been more beneficial to have a direct link to the vehicle rather than making people navigate your site.
Anyone interested in this car, feel free to PM this new user. At least this will create a little more relationship from this user with the forum community. At that point the original poster can provide them a DIRECT link to the car, with information and pictures.
Dangermouse, I hope you don't mind, I edited your link that directed users directly to the ad. It's the original posters job to do this, and at this point it will be up to him to do the work. Pm probably won't prompt a response anyway, but ill give him that chance.....