PDA

View Full Version : CLUTCH MASTER CYLINDER - Alternatives to part number 100462

mburshtain
10-22-2015, 10:53 AM
Hey Guys,
I noticed my clutch master cylinder is sweating and probably need replacement
The part number is 100462

http://store.delorean.com/images/Product/large/100462.JPG

Does anyone know if there is alternatives to paying $123.75 for this part? I would like to get a new one and not a rebuild.

Any advice would be appreciated.

PJ Grady Inc.
10-22-2015, 11:45 AM
Hey Guys,
I noticed my clutch master cylinder is sweating and probably need replacement
The part number is 100462

http://store.delorean.com/images/Product/large/100462.JPG

Does anyone know if there is alternatives to paying $123.75 for this part? I would like to get a new one and not a rebuild.

Any advice would be appreciated.
We have a brass sleeved rebuilt unit that will last far longer than the new reprodution part if reliability is what you're after. There are no new alternatives to a Chinese reprodution part unless you can find a 34 year old NOS unit.
Rob

novadmc
10-23-2015, 08:21 PM
We have a brass sleeved rebuilt unit that will last far longer than the new reprodution part if reliability is what you're after. There are no new alternatives to a Chinese reprodution part unless you can find a 34 year old NOS unit.
Rob

+1 for Grady's sleeved units. great price, fast shipping. installed it in my car back in August after my old unit started leaking into the cabin. bit of a PITA to install yourself if you've not done it before (as was my case), but another great thing is Rob's employees were great at taking my call and giving me tips/pointers to help make the install go smoothly

If you replace your CMC, also take a look at the reservoir hose that goes from the reservoir to the master cylinder. My stock hose was deteriorating and sweating like crazy. Rob sells a nice piece of replacement hose to fix that up too.

mburshtain
10-24-2015, 12:42 AM
Thanks for your feedback, I ordered one from Grady!

mburshtain
11-13-2015, 11:50 PM
I replaced the clutch master cylinder and so far it's working great and dry