PDA

View Full Version : DeLoreans in SE Ohio?

Roman Legion
05-26-2011, 08:17 PM
Every so often I have to drive to Wheeling, WV and pass through Ohio. Are there any owners out near Wheeling, WV?

ssdelorean
05-26-2011, 09:42 PM
Coming from CT wouldn't you be heading in to Wheeling via I-70 and stop before you get to Ohio? Seems like thru Ohio to Wheeling, WV from CT is out of the way.

Newark and Canton OH are the closest owners I know of in the SE Ohio area. In Wheeling you would be much closer to all of the PADMC (http://www.padmc.com/) gang.

Roman Legion
05-27-2011, 02:40 AM
Well, I would be driving up from Virginia, close to Tennessee as I am not in Connecticut right now.

ssdelorean
05-29-2011, 12:20 AM
Well, I would be driving up from Virginia, close to Tennessee as I am not in Connecticut right now.

That makes sense!

Roman Legion
06-09-2011, 12:03 AM
That makes sense!

Well, if anyone wants to come by, I will be in Wheeling, WV almost all month long in August and I would like to finally sit in a DeLorean after Talonlover blew me off.. That is alright, it is his car to use as he wants and his word to break. Anyone want to meet me there?

ssdelorean
06-09-2011, 05:41 PM
You gonna be there the weekend of Aug 27th?

Roman Legion
06-09-2011, 09:24 PM
You gonna be there the weekend of Aug 27th?

I need to double check my drill schedule, but I believe I will be there then. I will find it to confirm.

ssdelorean
06-13-2011, 11:02 AM
Reason for asking = there is a DCO event (http://ohiodeloreans.com/events.htm) just up the road in Cleveland if you are free. I know there should be at least 8-12 Ds present.

Roman Legion
06-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Reason for asking = there is a DCO event (http://ohiodeloreans.com/events.htm) just up the road in Cleveland if you are free. I know there should be at least 8-12 Ds present.

Mapquest shows it to be approx. 130 miles away and if I am reading my schedule correctly, I have the 27th off.. I might come up, but I may need someones number or perhaps I can meet someone along the way and follow.. Would it be possible to arrange for me to stay if my unit does not give me a room that night?

ssdelorean
06-17-2011, 04:42 PM
Mapquest shows it to be approx. 130 miles away and if I am reading my schedule correctly, I have the 27th off.. I might come up, but I may need someones number or perhaps I can meet someone along the way and follow.. Would it be possible to arrange for me to stay if my unit does not give me a room that night?

Sorry for the late reply. I haven't figured out how to "subscribe to threads" yet to receive an email notification because of being too busy.

I have museum addresses at home and also Mike & Patty's address who's house we will be at later for the cookout. I can shoot you that when I get home this evening or tomorrow. If I get busy or forget - I know it will eventually be posted on the DCO's Events page (http://ohiodeloreans.com/events.htm) when the day's details are worked out.

Over night... not sure. I wouldn't be of any help because I would be coming from the NW Ohio area.

If some of the PADMCers (Pittsburg area) guys are going to attend maybe you could caravan with them?

Roman Legion
06-18-2011, 12:17 AM
Sorry for the late reply. I haven't figured out how to "subscribe to threads" yet to receive an email notification because of being too busy.

I have museum addresses at home and also Mike & Patty's address who's house we will be at later for the cookout. I can shoot you that when I get home this evening or tomorrow. If I get busy or forget - I know it will eventually be posted on the DCO's Events page (http://ohiodeloreans.com/events.htm) when the day's details are worked out.

Over night... not sure. I wouldn't be of any help because I would be coming from the NW Ohio area.

If some of the PADMCers (Pittsburg area) guys are going to attend maybe you could caravan with them?

Where can I find the PADMCers? I found their site, but I am unable to select the contact tab..

ssdelorean
07-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Where can I find the PADMCers? I found their site, but I am unable to select the contact tab..

Sorry so late to reply. I've been crazy busy.

If you shoot a message to Dave Stragand (project vixen (http://www.projectvixen.com/)) at dave.stragand[at]ohiodeloreans[dot]com he can possibly get you in touch with other PADMCers as he is the main guy behind the PADMC site.

Michael
12-08-2012, 11:40 PM
Well, if anyone wants to come by, I will be in Wheeling, WV almost all month long in August and I would like to finally sit in a DeLorean after Talonlover blew me off.. That is alright, it is his car to use as he wants and his word to break. Anyone want to meet me there?

I just saw this thread so just to set the record straight:

After his first few posts I had pm'd Roman once or twice and let him know that one day we could hook up and I would let him drive my car. Well one day not too long after I did get off work early and it was nice out so I pm'd him and I think it was me that called him. My thinking was I would meet him halfway(he does live like 80 miles away after all) I suggested a Best Buy parking lot that was about 40 miles away from me and I knew it well, it was HUGE lot with not very many lamp posts to hit. I knew it well and felt comfortable there, and the strip mall was closed that day(I can't remember if it was a holiday, but I knew it was closed so it would be empty). Without a moments hesitation he wanted me to come to Hungry Mother park...his front doorstep. Almost like I owed it to him to do so. I am not familiar with that part of the region, and I certainly didn't want to go for a 150 mile drive that day to a unfamiliar place to meet a stranger on the internet in a big park. His demeanor and his words were like I was calling and running late with a pizza he had ordered. No "thanks for doing this"...not that I was looking for such but I certainly wasn't expecting to hear "Hey come to me so I can drive your car...that's to far for me to drive". (I'm paraphrasing here). At this point I was thinking maybe my skin will be stretched over a table lamp on his night stand by sundown and just ended the conversation right then and there. Judging from his posts after this incident I may have been closer to the mark than I thought.

Nicholas R
12-09-2012, 12:58 AM
I just saw this thread so just to set the record straight:

After his first few posts I had pm'd Roman once or twice and let him know that one day we could hook up and I would let him drive my car. Well one day not too long after I did get off work early and it was nice out so I pm'd him and I think it was me that called him. My thinking was I would meet him halfway(he does live like 80 miles away after all) I suggested a Best Buy parking lot that was about 40 miles away from me and I knew it well, it was HUGE lot with not very many lamp posts to hit. I knew it well and felt comfortable there, and the strip mall was closed that day(I can't remember if it was a holiday, but I knew it was closed so it would be empty). Without a moments hesitation he wanted me to come to Hungry Mother park...his front doorstep. Almost like I owed it to him to do so. I am not familiar with that part of the region, and I certainly didn't want to go for a 150 mile drive that day to a unfamiliar place to meet a stranger on the internet in a big park. His demeanor and his words were like I was calling and running late with a pizza he had ordered. No "thanks for doing this"...not that I was looking for such but I certainly wasn't expecting to hear "Hey come to me so I can drive your car...that's to far for me to drive". (I'm paraphrasing here). At this point I was thinking maybe my skin will be stretched over a table lamp on his night stand by sundown and just ended the conversation right then and there. Judging from his posts after this incident I may have been closer to the mark than I thought.

I dont blame you. Honestly I think you were far more than generous just to suggest letting him drive your car AND being willing to meet him. I know I'm super picky about who drives my car (even when I had the prv). If I was in the same situation with my dream car, 70 GTO Judge, and someone that I only knew from a forum was offering to let me drive their's, I would absolutely drive all the way to their doorstep AND buy them lunch; and even still would be a little hesitant about driving their car.

dmc6960
12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
I myself drove about 150 miles round-trip to get my first interactive experience with a DeLorean. It was I who drove to the owner's house who was kind enough to have me over. While it is very nice when an owner can go a little bit out of the way for something like this, it should never be expected in any way. I remember this person was always complaining about not having any money. Too bad he just didn't realize that didn't mean everyone had to bend over backwards for him.

thirdmanj
12-10-2012, 12:47 PM
I've had a little "Internet contact" with him too. I also got the impression he was a perhaps a bit looney, but most certainly socially inept.

Michael
12-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Well this is interesting reading:
http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?t=116146

Looks like this is a pattern for him, wanting someone to come meet him so he could see a motorcycle up close? They didn't fall for it either.

Here is another one dated late 2008:
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/site-feedback-suggestions/30714-alaska-community.html#post517009

Apparently he traded his Stang for a Fit in 08, but according to his posts here, he still had the Mustang this year:confused0:....yeah I'm bored tonight.

Not sure, I just joined because I just bought a new Fit Sport, I traded my 06 Mustang GT in for it.

thirdmanj
12-20-2012, 08:28 PM
Well this is interesting reading:
http://www.motorcycleforum.com/showthread.php?t=116146

Looks like this is a pattern for him.

WOW! I never noticed him acting like THAT on here. But jeeze, what a strange way to go about looking at a bike.