PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Wanted: Delorean parts in excellent used condition

DeloreanJoshQ
08-17-2011, 05:10 PM
Wanted: Delorean parts in excellent used condition:

(Before I have to go to one of the vendors and buy the below parts new)

-Driver and Passenger interior door vents (mine are both chipped on the trim edges)
-Luggage Net Assembly (mine has one or two connections separated)
-Black seat covers (mine are gray in excellent condition; planning on going to a two-tone interior next spring) that are in excellent condition with no rips, tears, or heavy wear...
-Black DMC custom floormats
-Black or gray glovebox lid (mine is curled on the windshield side)
-Rearview mirror (mine has black/aged color along the bottom of the mirror glass)
-Lower engine cover screens(do all of them warp from engine heat? Mine are all wavy)
-Scratchless drop window glass for both sides
-Console clock that works and doesn't "twitch" or go out...
-RPM relay, (Dave Bitsycmaster needs one before sending me an updated version), It probably doesn't need to work.

Thanks guys!
JQ

DeloreanJoshQ
09-21-2011, 06:52 PM
Wanted: Delorean parts in excellent used condition:

(Before I have to go to one of the vendors and buy the below parts new)

-Driver and Passenger interior door vents (mine are both chipped on the trim edges)
-Black seat covers (mine are gray in excellent condition; planning on going to a two-tone interior next spring) that are in excellent condition with no rips, tears, or heavy wear...
-Black DMC custom floormats
-Black or gray glovebox lid (mine is curled on the windshield side)
-Rearview mirror (mine has black/aged color along the bottom of the mirror glass)
-Lower engine cover screens(do all of them warp from engine heat? Mine are all wavy)
-RPM relay, (Dave Bitsycmaster needs one before sending me an updated version), It probably doesn't need to work.

Thanks guys!
JQ

I've sourced out all but the following...thanks to DMC, about a half dozen items on my list are now for sale! Thanks!

Still need:

stevedmc
09-21-2011, 10:09 PM
RPM Relay - $18 from Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Beck-Arnley-203-0066-Relay/dp/B000CB0DPO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316657364&sr=8-1

DeloreanJoshQ
09-22-2011, 09:07 PM
http://www.amazon.com/Beck-Arnley-203-0066-Relay/dp/B000CB0DPO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316657364&sr=8-1

Is that a direct replacement Steve? At that price I might buy a spare...
Thanks for the heads up!

stevedmc
09-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Is that a direct replacement Steve? At that price I might buy a spare...
Thanks for the heads up!

I haven't tested it myself but as far as I can tell it is a direct fit replacement. My RPM Relay went out a few months back. I opened it up and did a search on whatever numbers I found. After a couple of hours of research I found what appears to be a low cost replacement part on Amazon.

I was going to order the part but decided to just jumper the fuel pump to run with the key in the on position. It is fairly safe to do on my car because I run a low pressure fuel pump to my carburetor. I now have increased reliability and have one less thing to worry about breaking on my car.

I don't recommend doing this on a high pressure K-Jet fuel system though. Just replace the relay, carry a spare, and you should be fine.

Chris 16409
09-23-2011, 03:04 PM

It's crazy how some of the sellers have it listed for over $70! Why would anybody pay that much.

stevedmc
09-23-2011, 03:26 PM
It's crazy how some of the sellers have it listed for over $70! Why would anybody pay that much.

The vendors I use only charge $30 - $40 for the part which is very reasonable in my opinion. I would gladly pay $30 for the part from a vendor if I needed it and was already placing an order with them.

Edit: The $70 price must be from Delorean One. Its not possible for anyone on this forum to pay $70 at the moment since he won't sell to us anyway. Plus I think he is out of business.

Bitsyncmaster
09-23-2011, 03:35 PM

Those look just like the ones John sells, green case and copper pins.

Also note there are some for $13.50 down on that page.

Delorean02378
09-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Also note there are some for $13.50 down on that page.[/QUOTE]

Yes but you have to purchase 6 to get the $13.50 price.

Will these work Dave? If so I may purchase an extra extra.

Kirk

DeloreanJoshQ
09-23-2011, 08:57 PM
Also note there are some for $13.50 down on that page.

Yes but you have to purchase 6 to get the $13.50 price.

Will these work Dave? If so I may purchase an extra extra.

Kirk[/QUOTE]

I successfully ordered one at $13.50; it cost just over $18 with shipping for one.....

mluder
09-24-2011, 12:58 AM
I've sourced out all but the following...thanks to DMC, about a half dozen items on my list are now for sale! Thanks!

Still need:

What are you gonna do with your old grey seat covers?
I might be interested if you were thinking of selling.

stevedmc
09-24-2011, 01:09 AM
I just got an idea. Install a two tone interior, claim your car is a DMCH rebuild/new car, and presto, it is work $60k.

DeloreanJoshQ
10-20-2011, 10:02 AM
Update....

Looking for the following items in excellent condition:

Maybe some people have the below items sitting in boxes that won't be installing them or may decide to sell them....

-Correct working console clock
-Accurate working fuel sending unit
-Stainless Label Kit ($255 @ DPI)
-Louvre brace ($90 @ DMC)
-Window drop glass with no scratches ($68 x2 @ DMC)
-Luggage Rack($205@ DMC)
-Black Luggage Compartment Carpet($59 @ DMC)
-Late Style Complete Light Gray Carpet Set ($795 @ DMC)
-Black Binnacle (Coming soon @ DMC)
-Late Style Light Gray Headliner Kit ($450 @ DMC)
-Passenger side upper door interior panel-plastic backing, no broken bottom tabs, 3000 VIN range($219 @ DMC)
-Power Antenna Kit ($105 @ DMC)
-New 5-Speed Pedal Pad Kit ($35 @ DMC)
-Interior mirror with no brown aging on the glass ($45 @ DMC)
-Black Seat Covers ($600 @ DMC), my gray ones are in excellent shape with no tears..
-140 MPH Speedometer ($200 @ DMC)
-Luggage Net Assembly with no breaks or tears ($49 @ DMC)
Driver and Passenger side lower door panel A/C vents with no chipped trim ($64 @ DMC each)
Door Sill Letters "DMC" ($75 @ DMC CA)

The search continues.....

stevedmc
10-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Fuel Sending Unit - Hervey can rebuild your old one
Power Antenna - Do a search on ebay for Legacy power antennas $37
http://www.ebay.com/itm/POWER-ANTENNA-SUBARU-LEGACY-WAGON-NEW-/130585658588?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e678304dc

Fluxat88MPH
10-20-2011, 12:29 PM
I re did my headliner my self for around $4o.

Nicholas R
10-20-2011, 03:43 PM
In terms of the "stainless label kit," the kit is available here: http://www.entermyworld.com/store/stainless-steel for only $180. This is where I bought my kit and I absolutely love it. I know others have as well.

Also +1 on inexpensive headliner. Cant tell the difference.

DeloreanJoshQ
10-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the heads-up guys. I have never removed the headliners. I am assuming you can remove the material from the backing easily and replace with new fabric. Is there anything else more to it?

Fluxat88MPH
10-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Just give me a call sometime Josh.

Thanks for the heads-up guys. I have never removed the headliners. I am assuming you can remove the material from the backing easily and replace with new fabric. Is there anything else more to it?

sdg3205
10-20-2011, 11:48 PM
Josh,

are you going to sell your grey leathers?

DeloreanJoshQ
10-23-2011, 06:41 PM
Josh,

are you going to sell your grey leathers?

Yes. It will happen this winter sometime between Jan and April. I will let you know. I have had a few people ask about selling them....I'll post on here when I do the swap...

DeloreanJoshQ
10-23-2011, 06:42 PM
I need to add to my list:
-Rriver side DMC Convex mirror glass.
I cracked mine due to negligent installation, ugh!

Dracula
10-28-2011, 03:29 PM
I have a 160 MPH speedometer I'd sell. I was toying with the idea of converting it to a 120 MPH unit.

Delorean Industries
10-28-2011, 03:34 PM
I need that chad. We can work something out I'm sure for a 120.

DeloreanJoshQ
10-28-2011, 06:36 PM
I can't help but point out the bad etiquette both of you just showed (Chad K and Josh B). In my book that was rude.

In the future if anyone would like to help me out with an item I am in need of, please private message me the item/offer and give me a chance to respond within a reasonable amount of time before passing it on to someone else.

While I am unable to use my cell phone at work, I will definately get back with you ASAP; I am on here every day.

I would greatly appreciate this.

Thanks!

Josh Q

stevedmc
10-28-2011, 07:03 PM
I can't help but point out the bad etiquette both of you just showed (Chad K and Josh B). In my book that was rude.

In the future if anyone would like to help me out with an item I am in need of, please private message me the item/offer and give me a chance to respond within a reasonable amount of time before passing it on to someone else.

While I am unable to use my cell phone at work, I will definately get back with you ASAP; I am on here every day.

I would greatly appreciate this.

Thanks!

Josh Q

What did Chad do that was so wrong? Btw, I have some lower and upper control arms if you might be interested in them.

Delorean Industries
10-29-2011, 01:30 PM
Sorry josh. Didn't mean to jump in. It just has always been a free for all on here.

DeloreanJoshQ
02-16-2012, 06:11 PM
Update....

Maybe some people have the below items sitting in boxes that won't be installing them or may decide to sell them....please PM me if you have an item that I need.

-Accurate working fuel sending unit
-Stainless Label Kit (Tamir sells them for $185)
-Louvre brace ($90 @ DMC)
-Window drop glass with no scratches ($68 x2 @ DMC)
-Luggage Rack($205@ DMC)
-Black Luggage Compartment Carpet($59 @ DMC)
-Late Style Complete Light Gray Carpet Set ($795 @ DMC)
-Black Binnacle (Coming soon @ DMC)
-Late Style Light Gray Headliner Kit ($450 @ DMC)
-Passenger side upper door interior panel-plastic backing, no broken bottom tabs, 3000 VIN range($219 @ DMC)
-Interior mirror with no brown aging on the glass ($45 @ DMC)
-Black Seat Covers ($600 @ DMC), my gray ones are in excellent shape with no tears..
-140 MPH Speedometer ($200 @ DMC)
-Driver and Passenger side lower door panel A/C vents with no chipped trim ($64 @ DMC each)
-Door Sill Letters "DMC" ($75 @ DMC CA)
-Volt/Temp Gauge that has nice bright red lettering/hashes ($114 @DMC)
-Tach ($133 @DMC) that has nice bright red lettering/hashes
-Like New Cluster Lens ($75@DMC)

The search continues.....

Nicholas R
02-17-2012, 01:56 AM
Update....

Maybe some people have the below items sitting in boxes that won't be installing them or may decide to sell them....please PM me if you have an item that I need.

Man you know a few years ago on the .com site, there was a thread about a member who found a clock that looked almost identical to the original; fit perfectly and everything. The only difference was that the lens wasn't quite as green as the original; a little more blue green. Unfortunately I dont remember much else from it and I'm sure that thread is long dead now. If something does arise about it it may be something to look into. I remember I had considered it.

1Mcfly4u
02-17-2012, 12:17 PM
I think it was out of a Lotus Espirit iirc.

ramblinmike
02-17-2012, 09:08 PM
There was a thread about adapting a Dakota Digital clock into the console.

DeloreanJoshQ
02-17-2012, 10:05 PM
There was a thread about adapting a Dakota Digital clock into the console.

I would love to figure this out.....

ccurzio
02-18-2012, 06:20 AM
I would love to figure this out.....

Ozzie did a write up on it a while back.

http://delorean2109.blogspot.com/2008/03/delorean-clock-modern-update.html