PDA

View Full Version : BPS#6 TIme Machine from Auction Kings - up for sale

videobob
11-11-2015, 07:23 PM
I don't know any of the details about this auction other than this is my #6 car, as built for sale on the Discovery Channel show "Auction Kings".
It's a good car with real neon tubes, smoke machine, etc.
I would get easily $100K for this car if I built this now.

Go bid on it!
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=6309&aid=102890&lid=27384386&title=81-DeLorean-Time-Machine-Car-Back-to-the-Future-II
https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDetail.asp?ahid=6309&aid=102890&lid=27384386&title=81-DeLorean-Time-Machine-Car-Back-to-the-Future-II

Rich W
11-11-2015, 07:50 PM
As seen on Chicago Craigslist yesterday ...

https://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/atq/5310317574.html

(screen capture, for later reference)

Nicholas R
11-12-2015, 12:12 AM
Wow, for that price you'd think they would provide more photos and more information. People never seem to realize how important a proper ad is when selling something...

Delorean Industries
11-12-2015, 12:49 AM
I'll be sure to contact the seller and quote a price to reverse the damage and put it back to "respectable".

Dangermouse
11-12-2015, 08:08 AM
So, is this the start of the BTTF cars being sold off now that 10/15/15 is over, I wonder?

Rich W
11-12-2015, 01:10 PM
So, is this the start of the BTTF cars being sold off now that 10/15/15 is over, I wonder?

I'm sure Dermot meant 10/21/15. This could be a "testing the waters" type of auction, with a high reserve, so maybe not a "trend".

Not sure about this one. Owner has kept to himself, with no interest in the local DMC club or in attending the DMC MW Open House.

I believe the owner also owns a Collectibles business, so he may use it for advertising his business or maybe he just likes the vehicle.

As far as I know, the owner only did one BTTF-related activity this past October (on October 20/21, depending on the article dates).

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151021/news/151029685/

http://patch.com/illinois/deerfield/delorean-back-future-will-be-stevenson-hs-october-21-2015-0

Dangermouse
11-12-2015, 01:24 PM
Well, yes, I did mean the 21st.

I'm such a fan, I am ashamed I got that wrong ;)

aotmfilms
11-12-2015, 04:14 PM
They'll be kicking themselves if the Bob's ever make a Part IV (which I think they should do), If you own a Delorean....whether you like it or not you are invested in the BTTF franchise.

It is what IT is. Me, I have props, the D and stuff and I'd like to keep it fresh like they're doing with Star Wars.

Owning a Delorean and all of the props is like owning a functioning X-Wing/Lightsaber and George Lucas stopping at the StarWars Trilogy :(

The Bob's need to realize WE are invested as well. Make Part IV. Keep it fresh. :)

Nicholas R
11-12-2015, 07:04 PM
They'll be kicking themselves if the Bob's ever make a Part IV (which I think they should do), If you own a Delorean....whether you like it or not you are invested in the BTTF franchise.

It is what IT is. Me, I have props, the D and stuff and I'd like to keep it fresh like they're doing with Star Wars.

Owning a Delorean and all of the props is like owning a functioning X-Wing/Lightsaber and George Lucas stopping at the StarWars Trilogy :(

The Bob's need to realize WE are invested as well. Make Part IV. Keep it fresh. :)

The Bobs have made it very clear that they do not want a part IV. Watch the "Back in Time" documentary. This is addressed toward the end. Bob G said he's not interested, and Bob Z said not in his lifetime (though the musical does still look like it's coming along). Plus, it wouldn't be the same without the original cast.

The only thing I would be interested in is a BTTF remake. Not because I want to see it at all, but because it will be a completely separate entity from the original trilogy. Plus when it stinks (and it definitely will), we can still say things like "Its no where near as good as the original." "The remake sucked." "Dont bother with the new one." "They shouldn't have messed with the franchise." :wink:

Dangermouse
11-13-2015, 08:02 AM

Disagree 100% with this.

ccurzio
11-13-2015, 08:52 AM
They'll be kicking themselves if the Bob's ever make a Part IV (which I think they should do)

Not only is this a horrible and pointless idea, Zemeckis and Gale have said over and over that they will never make a Part IV and have no interest in ever seeing one made, nor will they allow it to happen.

Disagree 100% with this.

Ditto.

And I'm one of the biggest BTTF fans there is.

aotmfilms
11-13-2015, 01:19 PM
Disagree 100% with this.

So do you disagree with all of the Star Wars movies out there and the Star Wars expanded universe?

It seems that the Star Wars Franchise is doing well. Example: Your local Walmart or Target......

Its a no brainer....make Part IV.:aniclap::gun:

aotmfilms
11-13-2015, 01:24 PM
The only thing I would be interested in is a BTTF remake. Not because I want to see it at all, but because it will be a completely separate entity from the original trilogy. Plus when it stinks (and it definitely will), we can still say things like "Its no where near as good as the original." "The remake sucked." "Dont bother with the new one." "They shouldn't have messed with the franchise." :wink:

I agree with you on this. Part IV or a remake is fine with me. I just want to reinvigorate the Franchise. Universal execs will look at Future Day 10/21 and see that level of interest and would be More-ons not to capitalize on all of that money sitting out there. If the Bob's don't want to make it, fine. Let Universal make it though or 20th Century Fox.

I'd be down with a remake. Lets keep BTTF in the public eye is all that I am saying.

(PSST...to other DeLorean owners....PSST...the Value of your Delorean will increase...possibly....j/s...you have a stake in this as well, if you think not, think back to that question "Does this thing have a Flux Capacitor??")

Dangermouse
11-13-2015, 02:23 PM
So do you disagree with all of the Star Wars movies out there and the Star Wars expanded universe?

It seems that the Star Wars Franchise is doing well. Example: Your local Walmart or Target......

Its a no brainer....make Part IV.:aniclap::gun:

I meant I disagreed with the highlighted part of the quote.

davidc89
11-14-2015, 02:58 AM
Honestly, if they ever made a Part Four, I doubt they would use a DeLorean for a time machine. It would probably be a futuristic concept car.

88KPH
11-15-2015, 05:00 PM
You'd think there would of been a 4th but if it hasn't happened by now, 30 years! maybe it never will.
Shame it ended on such a low point with the bloody stupid flying train. What were they thinking????

aotmfilms
11-16-2015, 09:06 AM
You'd think there would of been a 4th but if it hasn't happened by now, 30 years! maybe it never will.
Shame it ended on such a low point with the bloody stupid flying train. What were they thinking????

I am hoping that due to the interest on 10/21 with the sales of BTTF props and the fact that BTTF made 4.8 Million worldwide in movie theaters (for doing basically no advertising), will make an exec sit up and take notice. Mind you that you could go home and watch the movie for free but people were paying $5 US per movie to sit in a theater.

http://variety.com/2015/film/box-office/back-to-the-future-box-office-1201624161/#

Money talks. Part IV will get made or a remake. Too much money involved not to. Like an easy 200 million in net profit just from the movie sales. Merchandising should add another 200 to 500 Million. Example: Kenner bought the rights to StarWars for 500 Million, and Pepsi is the exclusive soft drink of Star Wars for another 500 Million. George Lucas made 1 BILLION dollars just in gross profit from those two perpetual deals.

Disney bought SW for 4.05 BILLION, but George Lucas still retains rights with both Kenner and Pepsi. http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/10/30/disney-buying-tar-wars-maker-lucasfilm-for-405b/

5 BILLION in gross profit for basically doing nothing. Not to shabby for an unknown producer whose only previous claim to fame was THX 1138.

That Will the Bob's have will get lost, and people will pretty much die that try to block a remake. A whole HEAP of money is out there. pretty much 400 million minimum in net profit from movie, DVD and merchandising sales. the Mob would kill for less. Accidents do happen. :) or :(

88KPH
11-16-2015, 01:50 PM
You make a good case, but a few problems, the actor's are too old. So you need to introduce totally new characters. Second the time machine was destroyed, except that ridiculous train, (but that won't fill cinema or sell merchandise ). So you will end up with a totally new film.
The difference between BTTF and StarWars is the scale.
SW is a whole galaxy , countless characters, pretty much any scenario can be incorporated.
BTTF is smaller, domestic with its main prop, a one off secret, time machine.
Half a dozen people and a car is what made it work.
A remake is of course possible but why? Would it be improved?

aotmfilms
11-16-2015, 03:07 PM
You make a good case, but a few problems, the actor's are too old. So you need to introduce totally new characters. Second the time machine was destroyed, except that ridiculous train, (but that won't fill cinema or sell merchandise ). So you will end up with a totally new film.
The difference between BTTF and StarWars is the scale.
SW is a whole galaxy , countless characters, pretty much any scenario can be incorporated.
BTTF is smaller, domestic with its main prop, a one off secret, time machine.
Half a dozen people and a car is what made it work.
A remake is of course possible but why? Would it be improved?

I hope so. I would think to keep kids interested or just to see if they could make money. Just like Starsky and Hutch, Jurrasic Park, The Green Hornet, The Green Lantern, The Day the Earth Stood Still, etc. (all reboots and all flops except Jurrasic Park IMO, but still if you are/were a fan wouldn't it be cool?).

I just want six months of the BTTF fervor leading up to the movie like Star Wars has I guess. We deal with those Flux Capacitor jokes enough so why not? Just giving everybody my two cents.:bigclap:

(Can a DeLorean owner get a remake atleast? LOL, all I want is one movie, a remake even. Not asking for another Trilogy.)

eagle-co94
11-17-2015, 08:17 PM
Did anyone notice the INSANE internet premium of 23%!?:mallet:

Dangermouse
11-18-2015, 07:46 AM
I just want six months of the BTTF fervor

Have we not just had that?

Timebender
11-18-2015, 02:18 PM
You make a good case, but a few problems, the actor's are too old. So you need to introduce totally new characters.

Having the old actors back for Star Wars The Force Awakens seems to work and the fans love it. So Doc Brown is a lot older - and as CG gets better, you could do a digital Marty with MJ Fox's face and voice, and use another actor for the body, and take off with doing a whole thing on Doc's kids now that they'd be in their late 20's.

And the DeLorean is the iconic time machine - maybe they find one and buy it off one of us, and then, as cool and "maker-y" as the time machine was, they use some of today's tech like an iPad (the iPad 20? since their 2015 is different from ours), maybe a cleaner design, still looks like it was built in a garage but with more design aesthetic..

This time though they're up against Griff's family.

Greg

88KPH
11-18-2015, 03:04 PM
and as CG gets better, you could do a digital Marty with MJ Fox's face and voice, and use another actor for the body,

What a truly appalling thought, on so many different levels.

aotmfilms
11-18-2015, 03:25 PM
Have we not just had that?

Hey! I'm greedy! jk. Seriously though, we deal with the Flux Capacitor jokes and the 88mph jokes etc, so why not.

All that I am asking for is one more movie. Not to much to ask of the Bob's IMO.:thumbup2:

aotmfilms
11-18-2015, 03:26 PM

Well then you are appalled at the first movie poster because that was MJ head plastered on the guy who made the poster art's body :)

Timebender
11-18-2015, 04:35 PM

I don't really see how. As much as I don't like CG (and am thrilled with the new Star Wars using mostly practical effects, models, and puppets), there is good use for it if done right. Facial animation and CG skin has come a long way since Tron Legacy, and this isn't resurrecting a dead actor for a commercial or movie. If MJF said "Sure! I'd love to do this", for the sake of the story and continuity, vs. rebooting the franchise (hello, Ghostbusters??), then there's really nothing appalling about IMHO.

A reboot would be stupid. A continuation using the tools available to carry on the legacy is not. Plus you'd probably only need Marty for a brief cameo at best, along with "archival" footage, maybe even new scenes and clips that ended up on the cutting room floor, which no one has ever really seen, could help add to a whole new storyline that starts with Doc's kids.

cpistocco
11-20-2015, 10:59 AM
I don't really see how. As much as I don't like CG (and am thrilled with the new Star Wars using mostly practical effects, models, and puppets), there is good use for it if done right. Facial animation and CG skin has come a long way since Tron Legacy, and this isn't resurrecting a dead actor for a commercial or movie. If MJF said "Sure! I'd love to do this", for the sake of the story and continuity, vs. rebooting the franchise (hello, Ghostbusters??), then there's really nothing appalling about IMHO.

A reboot would be stupid. A continuation using the tools available to carry on the legacy is not. Plus you'd probably only need Marty for a brief cameo at best, along with "archival" footage, maybe even new scenes and clips that ended up on the cutting room floor, which no one has ever really seen, could help add to a whole new storyline that starts with Doc's kids.

Ya know.... I kinda like the idea !! I had a similar idea for the original Star trek! (Original voices with cg). Of course half of them are dead now!

Timebender
11-20-2015, 07:47 PM
I think it could work

ccurzio
11-24-2015, 10:43 AM
There will not be a Part IV, or a remake. Period.

Timebender
11-24-2015, 11:22 AM
There will not be a Part IV, or a remake. Period.
Unless someone comes along and convinces them to do it, as long as it's a really good story... Never say never..

People thought there'd never be anymore Star Wars after prequels were made.
People thought there'd never be anymore Star Trek after Star Trek VI - the undiscovered country.
People thought there'd never be anymore Ghostbusters (and to be honest, there shouldn't be unless it went off the original franchise).

There's a good way to continue a story, and a really bad way.

I'll be you a buck (one WHOLE dollar!) that someday there will be a new BTTF - that's not a reboot. And it will be awesome.

videobob
11-24-2015, 04:02 PM
There won't be a remake or a sequel as long as the main 3 are alive, Bob Gale, Robert Zemekis or Steven Speilberg.
They have vowed to never let it happen.
But eventually, someone will.
They remade the Wizard of Oz with Michael Jackson.
Anything can happen.

Timebender
11-24-2015, 05:52 PM
Anything can happen.
And essentially with James Franco, though that was more of a Star Wars prequel kind of thing... would've been a better movie with someone else IMO.

I had some more thought about a storyline though - so now it's 2025, hoverboards have been banned since the courthouse incident, kids don't dress funny (well, not like the 2015 version of the 80's in BTTF), cars with hover conversions are now flown semi-autonomously for safety reasons (less air to air collisions which had skyrocketed in previous years since one car just "appeared" out of nowhere in the middle of rush hour traffic). Pepsi Perfect was banned as it created catastrophic levels of weight gain in consumers, and crime has dropped to an all time low.

Doc's boys, who are now in their late 20's (Doc ended up settling down in the just after the turn of the century when they were still 8 and 10), found the plans for the flux capacitor while Doc and Clara go on a free trip to Europe. The boys also find photos of the original time machine, notes of the build, etc. They decide to build a new one, using the same kind of car, but converted to electric (and hydrogen fuel cells to generate enough power to get the 1.81 gigawatts),with a cleaner, more modern design.

Unfortunately, the "free trip" to Europe was set up by a small company, run by Biff Tannen's other grandson, a smart, calculating, nerd/fanboy with nefarious intentions of stealing the time machine plans (as he had heard of stories of his grandfather witnessing a flying DeLorean being able to time travel) to get Doc and Clara out of the way. Unfortunately he didn't think about the boys staying behind from the trip so their mom and dad could have some time together.

At least that's where I'd start.

Or something like that.

Rich_NYS
11-24-2015, 06:33 PM
There won't be a remake or a sequel as long as the main 3 are alive, Bob Gale, Robert Zemekis or Steven Speilberg.
Anything can happen.

+1

aotmfilms
11-25-2015, 03:01 PM
And essentially with James Franco, though that was more of a Star Wars prequel kind of thing... would've been a better movie with someone else IMO.

I had some more thought about a storyline though - so now it's 2025, hoverboards have been banned since the courthouse incident, kids don't dress funny (well, not like the 2015 version of the 80's in BTTF), cars with hover conversions are now flown semi-autonomously for safety reasons (less air to air collisions which had skyrocketed in previous years since one car just "appeared" out of nowhere in the middle of rush hour traffic). Pepsi Perfect was banned as it created catastrophic levels of weight gain in consumers, and crime has dropped to an all time low.

Doc's boys, who are now in their late 20's (Doc ended up settling down in the just after the turn of the century when they were still 8 and 10), found the plans for the flux capacitor while Doc and Clara go on a free trip to Europe. The boys also find photos of the original time machine, notes of the build, etc. They decide to build a new one, using the same kind of car, but converted to electric (and hydrogen fuel cells to generate enough power to get the 1.81 gigawatts),with a cleaner, more modern design.

Unfortunately, the "free trip" to Europe was set up by a small company, run by Biff Tannen's other grandson, a smart, calculating, nerd/fanboy with nefarious intentions of stealing the time machine plans (as he had heard of stories of his grandfather witnessing a flying DeLorean being able to time travel) to get Doc and Clara out of the way. Unfortunately he didn't think about the boys staying behind from the trip so their mom and dad could have some time together.

At least that's where I'd start.

Or something like that.

I have to say I like that storyline. Or make an adaptation of the Telltale games one.

Timebender
11-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Thanks! It's actually been brewing in the back of my mind the last few days. As far as the recent game, that's cool and all, but last time I did something similar (adapted a game from an episode of a children's video series), as well as it did, it could have been way better being an original story. Plus I like the idea of seeing what Doc's kids are doing, how things got messed up because of Doc popping in during rush hour traffic (when he purposely did his first experiment in the middle of the night to prevent any time paradox - or accidents), how a bunch of fads kind of faded off and people came to their senses (like how things were in the 80's and are now..). Maybe even something about a bigger threat than the Libyans...

aotmfilms
11-30-2015, 10:49 AM
Thanks! It's actually been brewing in the back of my mind the last few days. As far as the recent game, that's cool and all, but last time I did something similar (adapted a game from an episode of a children's video series), as well as it did, it could have been way better being an original story. Plus I like the idea of seeing what Doc's kids are doing, how things got messed up because of Doc popping in during rush hour traffic (when he purposely did his first experiment in the middle of the night to prevent any time paradox - or accidents), how a bunch of fads kind of faded off and people came to their senses (like how things were in the 80's and are now..). Maybe even something about a bigger threat than the Libyans...

You should see the new Top Gun 2 trailer. I must admit, it doesn't look good, so if they screw up a BTTF 4/remake then maybe it needs to stay with 3, but it would be nice for the Delorean/BTTF communities to have advance notice of any scripts. I know that whomever that makes it isn't going to do that but I think I'll be sick to my stomach when I see Top Gun 2. I hated SW 1 with Jar Jar Binks and almost didn't watch SW2 because of it. Jar Jar made me want to gouge my eyeballs out.

Timebender
11-30-2015, 01:53 PM
I hated SW 1 with Jar Jar Binks and almost didn't watch SW2 because of it. Jar Jar made me want to gouge my eyeballs out.

Ditto. And I'm still on the fence with the Robocop remake- but it was better than all the stupid Robocop movies after the original.

Maybe Disney should buy out BTTF as they did with Marvel and Star Wars....

12-01-2015, 10:17 PM
Universal execs will look at Future Day 10/21 and see that level of interest and would be More-ons not to capitalize on all of that money sitting out there. If the Bob's don't want to make it, fine. Let Universal make it though or 20th Century Fox.

I thought I recently read or saw that one of the universal studios doesn't even have their delorean on display anymore. They brought it out for BTTF day and then returned it to the backlot or storage or something. Supposedly while they work on that area of the park. Either way, whatever I read had me thinking they were not excited about BTTF day nor the car, and it sounded like it might be stored away for a while.. So I think there is no behind the scenes talk or interest right now..

Dangermouse
12-02-2015, 08:24 AM
US-Orlando car is still on display, along with the train. Sitting there in the Florida sun, slowly decomposing.......

US-California restored the A car a couple of years ago, put it in a glass display case at an odd angle, but have apparently just removed it after 10/21 and put it in storage indefinitely.

Timebender
12-02-2015, 08:35 AM
That sucks on both cases. I was going to be up in NoHo soon and was going to make a point to go see the A car when I was up there...

aotmfilms
12-02-2015, 05:04 PM
US-Orlando car is still on display, along with the train. Sitting there in the Florida sun, slowly decomposing.......

US-California restored the A car a couple of years ago, put it in a glass display case at an odd angle, but have apparently just removed it after 10/21 and put it in storage indefinitely.

This saddens me. Thank you for that information. It's like a one off. A pot of gold! I mean the movie racked in some acceptable cash on 10/21. I mean, if they are going to do NOTHING with the cars, how about the sell them off to a museum or something. A D out there sitting like that irritates me. The hot humid air can't be good for a D. :( sitting outside like that.

I don't know, but I'm annoyed at Universal and the Bob's. Maybe they'll get around to it but waiting 30 years from 1990 (end of Part 3, would put us at 2020, like that Top Gun remake.). Unsat.
:drunk:

Ikeaboy1
12-02-2015, 06:20 PM
Anything can happen.

All this. The day will probably come when they push one out, but if I never see a BTTF reboot or sequel, I'll be happy.

Instead, I'll focus my wishful Hollywood thinking towards Ridley Scotts Alien prequels.

12-02-2015, 07:58 PM

Oh, okay, it was the California one that I read had been moved off to storage, not the Fla one.

ccurzio
08-08-2016, 11:04 AM
I don't know, but I'm annoyed at Universal and the Bob's. Maybe they'll get around to it but waiting 30 years from 1990 (end of Part 3, would put us at 2020, like that Top Gun remake.). Unsat.
:drunk:

You need to let this die already. They're not waiting. There will not be a sequel or a remake/reboot. Period.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/back-to-the-future/remake-sequel-robert-zemeckis/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2015/06/30/back-to-the-future-remake-will-never-happen/77531184/

They know a new movie would have raked in gazillions of dollars. They also know it wouldn't have even remotely held a candle to the originals. If the Bobs haven't been tempted by cash by now, they won't be. The end. (It's called artistic integrity. They have it.)

You can also bet that the Bobs will be smart enough to lawyer-engineer their estates to retain ownership of the movies after their death, too.

We will never, ever see a new BTTF movie. And that makes me incredibly happy.

aotmfilms
08-08-2016, 01:24 PM
You need to let this die already. They're not waiting. There will not be a sequel or a remake/reboot. Period.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/back-to-the-future/remake-sequel-robert-zemeckis/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2015/06/30/back-to-the-future-remake-will-never-happen/77531184/

They know a new movie would have raked in gazillions of dollars. They also know it wouldn't have even remotely held a candle to the originals. If the Bobs haven't been tempted by cash by now, they won't be. The end. (It's called artistic integrity. They have it.)

You can also bet that the Bobs will be smart enough to lawyer-engineer their estates to retain ownership of the movies after their death, too.

It was dead. The last post was December 2015, by my calculations that was 9 months ago......:thumbup:

SamHill
08-08-2016, 02:46 PM

Remaking classics is a sin, but there might be a way to make a new movie in the BTTF universe that wouldn't intrude upon the originals. For example, Goldie III's trials and tribulations of getting his Hover Conversion business going. The movie could be one part Tucker, one part F&F with little BTTF easter eggs here and there. Just an example.

Lwanmtr
08-13-2016, 04:43 AM
Never say never... However, Im sure if offered enough by the studios they may be tempted to sell rights to the franchise....of course given the offerings from hollyweird in recent years, I shudder to imagine the horror that would be Part-4 (anyone remember indiana jones 4? yeah, you cant unsee it...lol).

08-13-2016, 01:44 PM
It was dead. The last post was December 2015, by my calculations that was 9 months ago......[emoji106]
Lol!

[emoji81] Reviving: Pretty much how Not to let something die

Sent from my SM-G928P using Tapatalk