PDA

View Full Version : Original documents from my car

BladeBronson
11-12-2015, 03:57 AM
My first DeLorean didn't come with any original paperwork, so I was pretty excited that my new car came with so much. I don't know if any of this is rare, but I thought I would share. Some of the highlights are the window sticker, still stuck to its original paper, with the "ship to" destination of Consolidated International, the original sales paperwork, warranty info, and ASI radio manual.

Michael
11-12-2015, 07:57 AM
Not only that but the paper looks mint!

Dangermouse
11-12-2015, 08:03 AM
Fantastic stuff

Jonathan
11-12-2015, 08:24 AM
Great collection!

Would you mind taking a photo like you did of the ASI radio manual for the remaining pages? I see sometimes guys are looking for those instructions and you might have one of the last remaining good copies.

Quite the discount off the sticker price, eh? $10k less just to get it to move back in the day. Wow.

BladeBronson
11-12-2015, 01:51 PM
The 2nd owner told me that the 1st owner purchased the car at an auction. The date on the paperwork is September 23, 1983. Did Consolidated International have one big auction for all the remaining cars on that date, several auctions over time, or maybe they were never auctioned at all?

11-15-2015, 08:37 AM
My first DeLorean didn't come with any original paperwork, so I was pretty excited that my new car came with so much. I don't know if any of this is rare, but I thought I would share. Some of the highlights are the window sticker, still stuck to its original paper, with the "ship to" destination of Consolidated International, the original sales paperwork, warranty info, and ASI radio manual.

I have some but not all of that. Here's the consolidated service contract for mine. Also a pic of all the other paperwork, although a lot of it is Delorean One and Grady pieces from the 80s and 90s...379893799037991

11-15-2015, 08:43 AM
The 2nd owner told me that the 1st owner purchased the car at an auction. The date on the paperwork is September 23, 1983. Did Consolidated International have one big auction for all the remaining cars on that date, several auctions over time, or maybe they were never auctioned at all?

My Service contract date is 06-16-84.

My car title also lists my car as a 1984 Delorean although the service contract correctly puts it as a 1983. I'm not sure if it's worth the hassle to try to fight a certificate of title description 32 years after it was issued and two owners and two states prior.... The car may be worth more as one of the very limited edition 1984 models :D ;0)

BladeBronson
11-15-2015, 11:31 PM
I've scanned the ASI manual and added the PDF in the Resources section:

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?12799-ASI-Radio-Manual

mhanch
06-11-2020, 12:15 PM
Apologies for Resurrecting an ancient thread - but are there any hi-res scans or PDF's of these documents? I'd love to reprint some of these just to put them into my glove box folder. I've seen teh Transporter, ASI manual and Owner's guide, but I was thinking about the smaller cards, just for effect at car shows.

Timeless
08-04-2022, 09:51 AM
Apologies for Resurrecting an ancient thread - but are there any hi-res scans or PDF's of these documents? I'd love to reprint some of these just to put them into my glove box folder. I've seen teh Transporter, ASI manual and Owner's guide, but I was thinking about the smaller cards, just for effect at car shows.
I have a bunch of original documents, cards, manuals, and DCS literature. E-mail me with specifics and if I have it I'm happy to send you PDFs.

Mark D
08-04-2022, 02:05 PM
Apologies for Resurrecting an ancient thread - but are there any hi-res scans or PDF's of these documents? I'd love to reprint some of these just to put them into my glove box folder. I've seen the Transporter, ASI manual and Owner's guide, but I was thinking about the smaller cards, just for effect at car shows.

Some of that stuff is still available to buy NOS as well. I was recently at a car show/swap meet and bought a bunch of DMC literature. PJ's auto literature was the seller and they also have an ebay store. There are quite a few other sellers on ebay with the same items.

When I was at the car show, I asked the guy from PJ's where all of this stuff came from... he said they were purchased from a large estate sale where they bought boxes of old auto literature. One was full of the DMC brochures and a handful of the dealer lists and fold out promo booklets.

https://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=68656&d=1657292877

http://pjsautolit.com/
https://www.ebay.com/str/pjsautoliterature

mhanch
08-05-2022, 11:08 AM
wow. nice find!