PDA

View Full Version : clutch bleed issue

lindbergh
11-27-2015, 01:11 PM
I am having trouble locating the bleed screw on the slave clutch cylinder. Cannot really see the slave cylinder and can barely touch it. Any tips? It's starting to look like I am going to have to remove the intake manifold as I cannot see anything down there with the hoses and fuel distributor lines in the way. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ron
11-27-2015, 10:25 PM
http://www.dmcnews.com/Techsection/clutchbleed.html

novadmc
12-02-2015, 05:02 PM
I am having trouble locating the bleed screw on the slave clutch cylinder. Cannot really see the slave cylinder and can barely touch it. Any tips? It's starting to look like I am going to have to remove the intake manifold as I cannot see anything down there with the hoses and fuel distributor lines in the way. Any ideas?

Thanks.

its a PITA to bleed the clutch from the top. others do it from underneath, hugging the transmission but then you really cant see anything IMO.

here's what i did for getting at the bleeder from up top:

remove the lower engine cover
get some thick cardboard that's long enough go span both pontoons and lay it over the engine
lay on top of the cardboard (and thus the engine) to look down there
get some flex head flashlights to get light down there.
8mm wrench (the stubbier the better) to get onto the bleeder valve itself.
get some long clear pvc hose to connect to the valve and drop it down to the ground to your used fluid container
make the whole thing a 1 man job by swapping out the stock bleeder valve with a speed bleeder (SB7100S-SS M7 x 1.0) is a stainless direct replacement valve.

Ikeaboy1
12-02-2015, 06:15 PM
It's a pain in the butt. I have done one from the top. Not fun, but doable. I think going from underneath would be really difficult without a lift.