PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Fuel Accumulator

bad85ford
12-03-2015, 03:54 PM
Hey all, Im new to the Delorean world coming from a Ford background, so needless to say this is all very very new and different. I'm currently in the process of going through the fuel system to make sure things check out. And if anyone is interested, no they haven't checked out, but its all fixable! So, my question is how difficult is it to access the fuel accumulator, and where exactly is it located? To be honest I've been in the office all day and haven't even looked for it, but I figured I'd ask and get some guidance before I even get under there. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,
Ryan

PJ Grady Inc.
12-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Hey all, Im new to the Delorean world coming from a Ford background, so needless to say this is all very very new and different. I'm currently in the process of going through the fuel system to make sure things check out. And if anyone is interested, no they haven't checked out, but its all fixable! So, my question is how difficult is it to access the fuel accumulator, and where exactly is it located? To be honest I've been in the office all day and haven't even looked for it, but I figured I'd ask and get some guidance before I even get under there. Thoughts anyone?

Thanks,
Ryan

Check the "How to Guide" as I'm sure it's been asked before. You can also request a "how to" at the beginning if you don't see it.
Rob

davidc89
12-03-2015, 04:09 PM
It's not real hard to get to. It's located underneath the car just in front of the motor. It has an access hole. If you get under the car and follow the frame, you will see it. It can be a pain to get out sometimes, so make room in your vocabulary for some new swear words...

DMCVegas
12-03-2015, 06:25 PM
Hey all, Im new to the Delorean world coming from a Ford background, so needless to say this is all very very new and different.

Oh thank God! Another Blue Oval fan! I was beginning to think I was the only one around here. I loath LSx engines, and am just giddy to finally see the EcoBoost 3.5 engine controller finally come out! :yesss:

Anyway... Personally, I'm much more comfortable with the DeLorean's fuel lines than Ford's, as I'm not keen on damn garter spring locks. But the DeLorean is easy. K-Jetronic is mechanical fuel injection of course, but after a bit of reading up on it, you'll be ready to tackle it in no time.

Aside from using the search tool here on DMCTalk, Google can really help you out with lots of procedures after a quick search. I think that this for instance might just be something you're interested in:

http://jason.kitcarmagazine.com/delorean/fuelaccum.htm

bytes311
12-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Aside from using the search tool here on DMCTalk, Google can really help you out with lots of procedures after a quick search. I think that this for instance might just be something you're interested in:

Not sure if anybody else does this, but I use Google to search DMCTalk. If I want to find specific posts on fuel accumulators, I just type: "site:dmctalk.org fuel accumulator" into Google.