PDA

View Full Version : Electrical Reverse lights stuck on - automatic trans

Horsebox
12-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Hi there,

I have an annoying problem in that my reverse lights are stuck on when the transmission is in P and R. The lights go out when 1, 2 or D is selected. Sometimes if I positively push the gear selector into P the lights will go out.

Any clues? I've searched the forum and the manuals but couldn't find any mention of how the switching is handled on the automatic. :confused0:

Thank you!

Mark

David T
12-06-2015, 01:11 PM
Hi there,

I have an annoying problem in that my reverse lights are stuck on when the transmission is in P and R. The lights go out when 1, 2 or D is selected. Sometimes if I positively push the gear selector into P the lights will go out.

Any clues? I've searched the forum and the manuals but couldn't find any mention of how the switching is handled on the automatic. :confused0:

Thank you!

Mark

Refer to Workshop Manual G:01:02 2nd column 1st paragraph. Make sure the gearshift is properly adjusted and is hitting the multi-function switch properly. If it is then you may have a faulty multi-function switch (rare). Sounds like you just need a small adjustment. For the external selector linkage adjustment procedure go to G:05:02. As long as you are working on the auto trans it is recommended you do ALL of the external adjustments and checks. If the fluid is not clean and red you may want to change it.

Horsebox
12-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Thank you very much, that's perfect. I obviously didn't look that hard! The transmission has been out recently for a main seal job so almost certainly something is out of adjustment.

Ron
12-06-2015, 08:39 PM
If it is not an adjustment, check this out (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?350-Automatic-Transmission-Governor). All the circuits are there (separately), but I have a schematic buried somewhere with the GC harness connected to the main harness...let me know if you need it and I'll dig it up.