PDA

View Full Version : Wanted DMC nov or oct 81 build date

Mary
12-13-2015, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone, looking to buy a delorean. want a good driver,have a machine shop will care for it forever. looking to spend between 15 to20 tops. Antone interested in having your car cared for by someone who really does care? Mary

sdg3205
12-13-2015, 01:15 PM
Hi everyone, looking to buy a delorean. want a good driver,have a machine shop will care for it forever. looking to spend between 15 to20 tops. Antone interested in having your car cared for by someone who really does care? Mary

Welcome. Best of luck on your search.

Mary
02-03-2016, 03:21 PM
sdg3205. Hello there sorry I didn't respond sooner had a pretty bad cold. Soooooooo you have a delorean I am so jealous Wish I could find one been looking along time. My dad actually got to meet JD. he worked on the Pontiac tempest with half of a v8 in 1964 push button car. Dad worked as a wood pattern model maker for GM from 55 to82 all the cars were made half a car) out of layered mahogany and then put up against a mirror so they could see the whole car and then later the GTO was made. Dad made bowls and candle holders and book ends from the pieces after they destroyed the models. My husband Wayne was the last apprentice to work with Harley Earl before he passed away. Wayne worked for Ford and Earl Design. He is a prototype model maker and great with epoxy. He made the lighter for ronson that sat on Johnny Carsons desk. We have a machine shop here in Montana and I grew up in Wixom Michigan which the family farm became the Wixom thunderbird plant and I met Iacocca when I was eight years old playing in the offices my mom cleaned. Lots of history with cars. The delorean I have watched and wanted for a long time. Glad I found this site so I can continue to dream before I am gone. Thanks for the response and I hope I haven't bored you to death. Mary

ccurzio
02-03-2016, 04:28 PM
Plenty of people here who will help you try and make your dream a reality.

SS Spoiler
02-03-2016, 07:27 PM
Mary, where in Montana is your machine shop? Would love to
visit and talk DeLoreaneze' with you. We are in Kalispell.

Pauk 'n Kate Cerny

Patrick C
02-03-2016, 07:34 PM
Why are you only seeking an October or November build month? Just curious.

Nicholas R
02-04-2016, 04:05 AM

I had the same question. I know that there are those that say that Oct 81 were the "highest quality builds" but after 35 years, that doesn't make all that much difference. All it really does is rules out a lot of potential cars. Best of luck in your search either way!

cpistocco
02-04-2016, 09:17 AM
sdg3205. Hello there sorry I didn't respond sooner had a pretty bad cold. Soooooooo you have a delorean I am so jealous Wish I could find one been looking along time. My dad actually got to meet JD. he worked on the Pontiac tempest with half of a v8 in 1964 push button car. Dad worked as a wood pattern model maker for GM from 55 to82 all the cars were made half a car) out of layered mahogany and then put up against a mirror so they could see the whole car and then later the GTO was made. Dad made bowls and candle holders and book ends from the pieces after they destroyed the models. My husband Wayne was the last apprentice to work with Harley Earl before he passed away. Wayne worked for Ford and Earl Design. He is a prototype model maker and great with epoxy. He made the lighter for ronson that sat on Johnny Carsons desk. We have a machine shop here in Montana and I grew up in Wixom Michigan which the family farm became the Wixom thunderbird plant and I met Iacocca when I was eight years old playing in the offices my mom cleaned. Lots of history with cars. The delorean I have watched and wanted for a long time. Glad I found this site so I can continue to dream before I am gone. Thanks for the response and I hope I haven't bored you to death. Mary

Automotive royalty!

Mary
02-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Mary, where in Montana is your machine shop? Would love to
visit and talk DeLoreaneze' with you. We are in Kalispell.

Pauk 'n Kate Cerny

Hi you two! Wayne & I live just outside Red Lode Montana, We are at mile marker 85 on highway 212 about four miles on the Billings side of a little town called Roberts. I would love to have you visit anytime. We have been here for 28 years with the only machine shop here in Carbon county. Starved for the first ten years and now can barely keep up with work, everything from tractors to banshee 4-wheeler fans and gates that protect the polar bears from getting hit in the artic circle. Wayne would of been equipment superviser for Yellowstone but he got hit by a drunk driver in 1985 and it took four years of major surgery before we were able to finally come. We used to take care of the Ambassador bridge before he got hurt. Now We live on rock creek phone number 406-445-2248we do all kinds of things,whatever comes in the door. Dad wanted a boy and I learned to weld and work on engines (mostly dodges,chargers) when I was growing up. We live on rock creek so I in the park.try to take care of the critters here in Montana that comes our way. Counted lots of baby buffalo last year in the park . Been pretty discouraged about the dmc,with all the hype from the movie.Really surprised at the support from dmc talk. Makes me feel really good. Got the answering machine on a lot at the house as I try my best to help Wayne as much as I an so don't be afraid to leave a message I am in and out lots. Thanks for the response. Mary

Mary
02-04-2016, 10:30 AM
Plenty of people here who will help you try and make your dream a reality.

awesome people I wish I could meet you all!

Mary
02-04-2016, 10:35 AM

Hi there! My birthday is in late October and in the movie (back to the future) first visit in time was in October and then the doc invented the flux capacitor in nov. I believe it was Nov 5th 1955! Ha Ha. My husband is a ittle heavier than Christopher Loyd same hair! Ha Ha Peaple have even called him that "back to the future guy" So he goes around saying great scot! a lot Ha HA.! Thanks for the response Patrick. Mary.

Mary
02-04-2016, 10:40 AM
I had the same question. I know that there are those that say that Oct 81 were the "highest quality builds" but after 35 years, that doesn't make all that much difference. All it really does is rules out a lot of potential cars. Best of luck in your search either way!

Hi Nicholas,You are absolutely right . Been pretty discouraged lately about finding a car. You know they say patience is a virtue. Wish I had some. Thanks for the response. Mary

Mary
02-04-2016, 10:49 AM
Automotive royalty!

With lots of grease and not much money but rich in stories and car history. Most of my time I spent working on dodge chargers (have three in our family)glad to see the return of muscle with the two hellcats. Can you imagine if Lee Iacocca,John Delorean and Harley Earl had gotten the opportunity to all working together at the same time what we could be driving?! I was fortunate as a teenager to see lots of the concept cars as a friend of my family painted most of them a year or six months before they were shown to the public and just looking back at pictures of those cars you can see the Delorean coming!Thanks for the funny reply. Loved it! Mary

Jonathan
02-04-2016, 11:16 AM
The story telling style reminded me of another thread for some reason. And wasn't sure, but thought the name sounded familiar too.

Any relation to this Mary, Mary?

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?3177-DeLorean-Artwork-Anyone-ever-seen-this-print-or-know-some-history

Alan
02-04-2016, 09:18 PM
Hi Nicholas,You are absolutely right . Been pretty discouraged lately about finding a car. You know they say patience is a virtue. Wish I had some. Thanks for the response. Mary

Mary,

Hang in there. I was looking for a very specific car as well. I was able to find what I wanted last June after about a 4 month search. You know what you want. You know cars were built in those months. [emoji6] You'll find the right one.

Mary
02-07-2016, 02:50 PM
The story telling style reminded me of another thread for some reason. And wasn't sure, but thought the name sounded familiar too.

Any relation to this Mary, Mary?

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?3177-DeLorean-Artwork-Anyone-ever-seen-this-print-or-know-some-history

No isn't me but I was born 1950 October girl really interesting article.I spent a lot of time at the Wixom Michigan ford plant and then later in Pontiac Michigan pprepping cars for the auto show . Spent some time in downtown detriot when my dad was working on the Edmund Fitzgerald working on the loading crane one month before we lost her at sea. I thought I was standing on a dock it was so big then was just a kid back then.. went on later to work with Andy Dukay (who brought pac man to America) and then later when I got married I helped with art work for Mrs pacman and I became mrs pacman when wayne & I got married in1982 in an arcade we created in Ypsilanti Michigan. Got married with channel 7 news in Detroit on air and danced with a robot at my wedding. But I have been in love with the delorean always.

WAFFLES
02-07-2016, 04:32 PM
Hello Mary, I hope you find the car you are looking for. I just put my Delorean up for sale and sadly it is only one month off and is a September build. I hope you find the one you are looking for though, best wishes. - Josh