PDA

View Full Version : Wanted WTB DeLorean front fascia (bumper) and windshield.

Time Machine
12-15-2015, 12:22 PM
Anyone have a used or cheap front facial and windshield?
Price: Negotiable

dn010
12-15-2015, 04:28 PM
If you find a used windshield make sure it isn't discolored or tinted a brownish/tanish from age or sun - there was a huge difference when I replaced mine. Also make sure there are no chips etc on the edges of a used one from someone removing it.

Time Machine
12-21-2015, 10:16 PM
What should I expect to pay for a windshield?

dn010
12-22-2015, 11:09 AM
New or used?

New: Item #1 at this link: http://store.delorean.com/c-315-8-6-0-glass-sections.aspx
This does not include the probable $200+-$50 in shipping and also $XXX amount to have it installed. I purchased the $450 windshield, picked it up at DMCFL and installed it myself so I didn't get hit too hard on price, probably $520 after gas to get down there and materials (urethane/primer) to install it.

Used: Depends on what kind of windshield. In many cases I've seen, those who have an original antenna-in windshield ask for a ton of money (I was offered one for over $1000 once, at that price I would have just purchased the IR one DMCH). For a used one I wouldn't pay more than half of what DMCH is asking for their reman windshields.

Edit - I should also add that replacing the windshield is typically not a "do it yourself" kind of job, it is best left for the pros. The only reason I did my own is I've been working on cars for 16 years and I was comfortable and confident in the fact I could do it successfully, + I have all the tools for it.