PDA

View Full Version : Custom ICON

Bitsyncmaster
12-25-2015, 06:29 AM
Has anyone made their own custom ICON for DMCtalk they would like to share? Most software I load always loads a custom ICON with it.

DMCVegas
01-14-2016, 05:12 PM
Has anyone made their own custom ICON for DMCtalk they would like to share? Most software I load always loads a custom ICON with it.

You mean like a desktop shortcut to a URL? Or for the bookmark?

Bitsyncmaster
01-14-2016, 05:41 PM
You mean like a desktop shortcut to a URL? Or for the bookmark?

Just for my lap top. I had so many with the windows default. Here is the one I found and use now. I don't think I can attach the .icon file which I had to convert to from the .png drawing.

DMCVegas
01-14-2016, 10:45 PM
Nice! I have a large collection of different icons that I use to keep my folders organized by subject. Especially for all my car stuff with both icons for the DeLorean, as well as other manufacturers for our other cars, of which I do have several, as well as I just make my own. Though I am on OS X. So if I see something that I really like, I just pop Gimp open, use Smart Scissors to clip it out, and then just copy/paste it in as the new folder icon and I'm done. I'll even throw background images into the folders, and hide the file to make it even more unique.

Here's a copy of what I have for DeLorean icons. Though honestly, I don't know that you'd be able to use them because of Windows. I have XP on Parallels, but can't test it on there because I upgraded to El Capitan, and never got the latest version. I did previously upload a copy to the DML's archives many moons ago, but this is now updated with a couple more icons, including your's (both with and without a background) that I just made for OS X. So a big thank you there! :thumbup2:

I think that when I get some spare time, I'll go ahead and create a few more.

Ron
01-15-2016, 08:28 PM
I don't think I can attach the .icon file which I had to convert to from the .png drawing.You can use use them for IE shortcuts but not Chrome w/o a stupid plugin etc iirc

Bitsyncmaster
01-18-2016, 06:01 PM
I replied to a post and my reply when above the post I replied to. Something is messed up with the time of day clock.

http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?8920-Fan-Relay-Control&p=188784#post188784