PDA

View Full Version : Proper or common names for parts

dtavres
01-11-2016, 05:55 AM
If there's already a thread for this, please reply with the link so I can move there.

As a new owner, as I look through the manual, I'm not finding all the names for parts that would be helpful in descriptions here. I'm hoping people can correct my descriptions and give correct names.

Thanks,
Dave

dtavres
01-11-2016, 06:04 AM
What's the correct name of the 'skirt' on the shifter, as seen below:

DMC 2692
01-11-2016, 06:37 AM
I believe it's called the shifter boot. If you go to DMC'S website all the parts are pictured there with their names

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Mark D
01-12-2016, 04:15 PM
It's also sometimes referred to as a "gaiter".

One other thing I noticed in that photo is that your cigarette lighter (called cigar lighter in the parts manual) appears to be jammed in. I would have to assume at this point the heating element would be burnt out but it could be causing some kind of intermittent short circuit if it's stuck in like that.

Another good source for part names besides the DMCH online store is the official parts manual, you can download it in separate PDF files here along with lots of other good info:

http://www.dmcnews.com/files.html

The parts manual is completely separate from the service procedures manual which it sounds like you already have.

dtavres
01-12-2016, 04:46 PM
It's also sometimes referred to as a "gaiter".

One other thing I noticed in that photo is that your cigarette lighter (called cigar lighter in the parts manual) appears to be jammed in. I would have to assume at this point the heating element would be burnt out but it could be causing some kind of intermittent short circuit if it's stuck in like that.

Thanks Mark... actually, it had just been pushed in but there hasn't been a battery in the car in years. Once the battery got connected, it worked. Although, it now lives in the ashtray so I can charge the phone :)