PDA

View Full Version : Wanted rebuild or salvage title?

smallclone
01-14-2016, 02:22 PM
looking for a delorean with a rebuild title or salvage title. I know theres not many of those around but figured id give it a shot.

please respond with a personal message on here.

-Joe

DavidProehl
01-14-2016, 03:45 PM
Have you tried reaching out to the vendors? I bet they have salvage title cars they are using as parts cars they may be willing to sell. It seems like 3-5 Ds get totaled every year (that we hear about) so I would think you wouldn't have trouble finding one if you know who to ask, especially if it doesn't need to be running.

Nicholas R
01-14-2016, 11:07 PM
Is this just because you're looking for a low cost DeLorean or is there another reason?

Personally, I would never buy a car with a salvage title if I could avoid it. It doesn't matter how nice you make it, it will still never not have a salvage title.

DMCVegas
01-15-2016, 12:45 AM
Is this just because you're looking for a low cost DeLorean or is there another reason?

Personally, I would never buy a car with a salvage title if I could avoid it. It doesn't matter how nice you make it, it will still never not have a salvage title.

That is something to seriously consider. We covered this in another thread, but it bears repeating that there are such strict limits on salvage titles, that unless you're going to keep this car forever, and never move out of state, the hassle of a salvage title isn't worth it.

eagle-co94
01-23-2016, 02:04 PM
Salvage title cars are only an issue for those that are worried about resale value. If they've been repaired properly they're just as sound or better than other DeLoreans on the road.

Are you looking for a running/driving car or one that you will work on and restore?

88KPH
01-23-2016, 04:02 PM
Am I having da-ja-vue?