PDA

View Full Version : For Sale '81, 5-speed, grey interior for sale in Portland, OR

mluder
01-18-2016, 08:08 PM
A friend of mine here in the Portland, Oregon area is sadly letting go of his DeLorean.
Here's the listing if you or someone you know is interested.

http://www.thedream.forsale/

Cheers
Steven

Riley88
01-19-2016, 01:10 AM
I just moved here actually! So i am a local owner in portland now, so If anyone would like someone go to get eyes on as well I can do it for you feel free to send me a pm.

mluder
01-19-2016, 02:18 AM
I just moved here actually! So i am a local owner in portland now, so If anyone would like someone go to get eyes on as well I can do it for you feel free to send me a pm.

Hi, Riley.

Welcome to Portland. Where did you move from?

There are a couple of active owners around here and a few more passive ones. We're all members of the Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club which is based in Seattle. The locals do ge together occasionally on our own however for events or just to go for a drive. If you're interested in getting involved let me know and I'll PM you my e-mail address.

Cheers
Steven

Dangermouse
01-19-2016, 08:44 AM
A friend of mine here in the Portland, Oregon area is sadly letting go of his DeLorean.
Here's the listing if you or someone you know is interested.

http://www.thedream.forsale/

Cheers
Steven

Now that's a For Sale ad !! :headbang:

Domi
01-19-2016, 01:22 PM

+1 only the VIN is missing, but maybe the owner doesn't want to be appears on the site?

Riley88
01-19-2016, 08:11 PM
Hi, Riley.

Welcome to Portland. Where did you move from?

There are a couple of active owners around here and a few more passive ones. We're all members of the Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club which is based in Seattle. The locals do ge together occasionally on our own however for events or just to go for a drive. If you're interested in getting involved let me know and I'll PM you my e-mail address.

Cheers
Steven

The more the merrier, send me your email. I came here from San Diego, just got a job in Hillsboro. Having myc ar shipped up here in a few. Totally down for meetups!

Nicholas R
01-19-2016, 10:37 PM

Wow, that really is impressive! Also I'm pretty sure this is the first DeLorean I've seen for sale where Bitcoin was an accepted currency; what a time to be alive!

Dangermouse
01-20-2016, 08:08 AM
Wow, that really is impressive! Also I'm pretty sure this is the first DeLorean I've seen for sale where Bitcoin was an accepted currency; what a time to be alive!

There was one other one in 2014 where he was asking $22k or 300 bitcoins. Adam Kontras bought it (and did a subsequent BTTF conversion), but I have no idea how he paid for the car.

300 bitcoins are incidentally now worth only $11,600

88KPH
01-20-2016, 08:43 AM
Risky bet then.

mluder
01-20-2016, 05:41 PM
Yeah... Personally I wouldn't take bitcoin either. Too volatile and the value has dropped dramatically.

Cheers
Steven

BladeBronson
01-20-2016, 06:29 PM
I would have liked to buy my DeLorean in bitcoin, just because it's the safest way to travel with a large amount of money. Instead, I had to go to the bank, get a special check, keep a copy in case I lost the other copy, and I had to email the number of the check to the seller in advance so he could verify the validity of the check. Ugh.

It would be nice if your friend ditched the coke/dealer picture.