PDA

View Full Version : DMC Midwest Announcement

DMCMW Dave
01-25-2016, 12:26 PM
39344 39345

Dave and Julee Swingle are pleased to announce the transfer of ownership and operation of DeLorean Motor Company Midwest to Mike and Suzy McElhattan. This has long been our plan of succession and we are happy to realize it. Recent callers may have noticed that both Suzy and Julee have been handling phone calls and orders. Mike and Suzy will continue operation of DMC Midwest as an authorized dealer of DeLorean Motor Company of Texas, at the current location in Crystal Lake, Illinois.

Mike has been with DMC Midwest since our doors opened in 2007, most recently as Lead Technician/ Service Manager. We have been working for several months with Mike and Suzy to assure an orderly transition. Many of you have already come to know Mike as he has assisted owners, transported cars, and attended DeLorean Car Shows for many years. Suzy has joined Mike as the new DMC Midwest Business Manager. She brings her 10+ years of business administration experience to the company.

We will be on site and available to assist and support Mike and Suzy as needed during the transition process, and will continue to provide operational support for the foreseeable future. Please continue to support Mike and Suzy as well as you have us.

We would really like to offer a heartfelt thank you to our customer community for the last 9 years of support. This business has allowed us to work with and meet some of the most interesting, fun, and unique people all over the world! We do not plan to disappear from the DeLorean community. Dave will continue to be involved on social media and forums in support of DeLorean Motor Company and the owner/fan community. In fact, we expect to have more time to attend DeLorean events around the country and around the world over the coming years. We are confident that Mike and Suzy will continue to provide the level of service and ethics that our customers have appreciated for the last 9 years.

Julee and I would also like to thank Stephen Wynne and his team for inviting us to “Live the Dream” as part of DeLorean Motor Company.

Ultimately we plan to spend more time with our children and grandchildren both in Illinois and South Carolina. We also look forward to being more involved in the “Dainty Warrior Project” charitable organization in order to support other families dealing with childhood cancer. This project was started in 2014 after our granddaughter’s battle with Retinoblastoma.

Dave also has plans to work on some personal car and home projects that have been deferred for many years. It’s time to remodel the home garage again!

We will also be assisting with ongoing operations of DMC Midwest, so you may still catch us on the phone from time to time. We would also like to extend our warmest best wishes to Mike and Suzy as they take DMC Midwest in to the next 9+ years. We couldn’t have asked for a better working experience and are happy to call them part of our forever family.

Dangermouse
01-25-2016, 12:50 PM
Well, congrats to both the Swingles for their forthcoming life of leisure and to the McElhattans for "taking one step forward" in volunteering to serve us for the future. They have huge shoes to fill.

I should have known that the Fiero mug found "during cleaning" was a portent of change :)

Lou and "Boo"
01-25-2016, 01:48 PM
It wasn't me who made them retire ... I SWEAR !

LOL

Best of luck guys !!!

Brian_SS_TT
01-25-2016, 02:02 PM
Thank you Dave & Julee for all your help over the past year of me being a new DeLorean owner. You have always been very helpful and willing to go the extra step! Enjoy semi-retirement and good luck To The Future! We will look forward to seeing you at events, on the forum and in the community.
Mike & Suzy congratulations!!! I look forward to continuing to work with you and the team there.

Brian

Morpheus
01-25-2016, 02:04 PM
Dave, we are forever grateful for the outstanding service you and Julee have provided the DMC community over the years, and wish you well on this next phase of your lives.

Mike & Suzy, if our first interaction (on the phone this past Friday.... think "Y" Pipe.) is any indication of your commitment to your customers, DMCMW is in very good hands indeed!

DMCTek
01-25-2016, 02:07 PM
Nine years ago I was blessed with the opportunity to work for Dave and Julee Swingle. I am very grateful for the time spent working with them and for the wealth of knowledge and character they have rooted in me. With help from my wife Suzy we have decided to move into ownership of the Midwest location.
We want to thank Dave and Julee for their trust and for believing in us. Dave and Julee have been exceptional mentors through the years. It is an honor to carry on their legacy. We are committed to keeping the same level of customer service and attention to detail everyone has grown to expect when dealing with Delorean Motor Company Midwest.
We are grateful to have become friends with so many customers at open houses, while working at the shop, and when transporting their cars. We look forward to the opportunity to continue to build these friendships.
Thanks so much,
Mike and Suzy McElhattan

Domi
01-25-2016, 02:37 PM
Happy retirement to both Dave & Julee!
And, best of luck to Mike and Suzy McElhattan for the new adventure :)
Just one question please, the aluminum trailing arm will be still available in the future?

Jonathan
01-25-2016, 03:09 PM
I'm both happy and sad reading this today.

On one hand, I am thrilled for you to be able to spend more time with the kids and grandkids and each other and all things that matter.

Yet on the other hand, I know how important you both have been to the DeLorean community, and realize there will be a large hole left when you leave.

You were there for me on the very first day I got my car in October 2007. Then a few years into ownership, when we had not yet met in person, you welcomed me into your home as my journey to relocate across the country had a stop in Crystal Lake. And as recently as this morning, I got yet another message from you with some advice on the car.

While I would have been completely lost without so much advice and support to help me with the car over those years, I feel the same way about many additional things that weren't car related.

Both of you are top shelf in my opinion and great people.

While both of you will certainly be missed, you'll forever be apart of this family as well.

Thank you Dave and Julee.

~ Jonathan

DMCTek
01-25-2016, 03:10 PM
Happy retirement to both Dave & Julee!
And, best of luck to Mike and Suzy McElhattan for the new adventure :)
Just one question please, the aluminum trailing arm will be still available in the future?

New batch just come in on Friday. We plan to keep all DMCMW items available and continue to bring new items to the market.

Domi
01-25-2016, 03:13 PM
New batch just come in on Friday. We plan to keep all DMCMW items available and continue to bring new items to the market.

Wow, that's awesome! Thank you for your answer ;)
I need to upgrade someday :)

DavidProehl
01-25-2016, 03:28 PM
Congrats to both the Swingles and McElhattans! Dave & Julee, you leave big shoes to fill, but I know Mike & Suzy are up to the challenge.

Bitsyncmaster
01-25-2016, 03:29 PM
Happy for you two to have some more time for those kids and grandkids. My retirement sure has given me the time and energy to spend a lot of time with my two granddaughters. Maybe see you sometime in South Carolina since my brother lives there now I should get more time down there.

Project Vixen
01-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Congrats to Dave and Julee from the other Dave and Juley -- as well as congrats to Mike and Suzy!

kenny
01-25-2016, 03:45 PM
I hope Dave and Julee enjoy their extra time with their family. Best of luck to the McElhattans! It is great news for the DMC community that there is a planned transition and the company will continue with existing and new products

kajcienski
01-25-2016, 05:17 PM
I'm so happy for you both! But also so sad as many are after reading this (for purely selfish reasons of course!)... You guys are the best! You are leaving DMCMW in the next pair of awesome hands though! I'll miss your voice Julee!

Jimmyvonviggle
01-25-2016, 06:33 PM
Wow that was quite a shocking email to get this morning. I always knew this day would come for the two of you but I hoped it would be a little later. Best of luck to you both.

Nicholas R
01-25-2016, 07:41 PM
Congrats to Dave and Julee for the decision to make more times for yourselves!! You guys have certainly earned it!

Mike and Suzy have huge shoes to fill, but it sounds as though they're off to a great start. And they definitely had the best mentors so it sounds like this will be a good transition. As long as the DMCMW phone number in my phone still works, it will still be the number I call when I need parts! :D

Thanks for all the help over the years, and here's to the miles ahead! :wrenchin::burnout:

SS Spoiler
01-25-2016, 07:55 PM
Hopefully Dave will monitor DMCTALK and jump in with
his sage advice whenever possible????......

DMC-81
01-25-2016, 08:17 PM
Congratulations Dave and Julee on your retirement! Dave, thank you for taking the time to talk on the phone 3 years ago when I began inquiring and shopping around for my car. Even when you figured I probably wouldn't buy the car from you because of my location, you still took the time to give me solid impartial shopping advice, both at a dealer and from a private party. That was my first interaction with anybody at DMC, and in this rushed "time is money" world, it spoke volumes to me about the company and it's values. After scouring the internet for the next few months, I wound up buying the car from DMCFL, when I got a similar experience there. It made it easy to say yes.

Also, thanks for all the solid advice on this forum throughout the restoration. This, combined with the awesome community that is DMCTalk, assisted and motivated me along the way.

It was a pleasure meeting and talking with you and Stephen at DMCFL's open house last year. All the best to you and to Julee as you embark on the next adventure in your lives!

Mike and Suzy, congratulations and best wishes on taking the step into ownership! Wow, what a dream job!

Cheers,

Ron
01-25-2016, 08:47 PM
Congrats to Dave and Julee, you have both been great!!! :thumbup2: -- And to Mike and Suzy.
Good luck x 4!

PJ Grady Inc.
01-25-2016, 09:01 PM
I knew through the vendor grapevine this day was coming but not exactly when. Congratulations Julee and Dave on your semi-retirement. It's great you'll be able to pursue your charitable interests and get more family time. As for
Mike and Suzie my heartfelt best wishes and I look forward to working with you in the years ahead if the opportunity allows it. Cheers all around!
Rob Grady

ccurzio
01-25-2016, 09:11 PM
Wow. As sorry I am to see Dave and Julee make their exit, that's surpassed by me being happy for them on their retirement - at whatever level it's starting.

All the best guys, and thanks for everything you've done over the years.

Peripatetic
01-25-2016, 10:50 PM
I haven't known either for very long but all of my experiences have been very positive. I'm happy for all involved!

Dave: I wish you luck on the retirement and the work with Dainty Warrior.

Mike: Looking forward to getting products and services from you.

Alan
01-26-2016, 12:09 AM
This is good news all around. When Colleen and I bought our car from DMCMW last year at the open house, we worked with Dave, Julee, Mike, and Suzy. We got our first real taste of DMCMW service as owners from all 4. I'm sure we'll be in very capable hands, which makes it much easier for me to wish the Swingles the best in their retirement. Congratulations Mike and Suzy on your new roles in the community.

Ryan S.
01-26-2016, 02:24 AM
Dave and Julee
THANK YOU. YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST.:mecry:

Gregadeth
01-26-2016, 04:30 AM
I haven't had my car for that long, but I think I've spoken to all four of you over the phone at least once. Good luck to everyone, thanks for all the help.

Kukem
01-26-2016, 09:44 AM
As sad as I am to hear they have passed the torch, Dave and Julee have earned their retirement! They have offered nothing but top notch service and advice in the times I have spoken to them. I regret not getting the chance to meet them in person (still may be a possibility, hopefully) but over the phone they have helped out this lone DeLorean owner on more than one occasion. Everyone here has expressed their utmost respect and appreciation towards their service to the DeLorean community and that speaks volumes to what wonderful people they are.

I have nothing but good things to say about Mike! When I was looking for a car, he had kept in touch and even called a few times to alert me to some potential candidates. His help and knowledge was greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to speak to his wife, Suzy, but I look forward to working with them both for the spring "parts order".

Congratulations to all and here is to many more years of great service from DeLorean Motor Company Midwest!

Mark D
01-26-2016, 03:01 PM
Congrats all around, I echo all the other statements already made. :)

Domi
06-18-2016, 04:29 AM

Does anyone have some news about Mike?
I've tried to contact him, but no answer.
Maybe he's busy or on vacation?

Rich W
06-18-2016, 07:45 AM
Does anyone have some news about Mike?
I've tried to contact him, but no answer.
Maybe he's busy or on vacation?

Mike has been very busy prepping customer cars before DCS 2016.
Make sure to cc: Suzy on any email requests, if waiting for a reply.

Mike does transports on the weekends too (Minnesota last weekend)
so not much free time on some of the weekends as well.

I was just there again on Thursday dropping off more upgrade parts
for the DCS 2016 Raffle Car, so I am one of the guys keeping Mike
busy the past few weeks. More details on Raffle Car updates soon.

krs09
06-18-2016, 09:36 AM
Thank you so much to Dave a Julie! Never would have been able to rebuild my baby without your endless knowledge and patience. Look forward to working with the new crew.

Domi
06-18-2016, 11:47 AM
Mike has been very busy prepping customer cars before DCS 2016.
Make sure to cc: Suzy on any email requests, if waiting for a reply.

Mike does transports on the weekends too (Minnesota last weekend)
so not much free time on some of the weekends as well.

I was just there again on Thursday dropping off more upgrade parts
for the DCS 2016 Raffle Car, so I am one of the guys keeping Mike
busy the past few weeks. More details on Raffle Car updates soon.

Thanks for your answer.
Could you PM me her email address please?
It would be nice ;)

Rich W
06-20-2016, 08:50 AM
Thanks for your answer.
Could you PM me her email address please?
It would be nice ;)

PM sent last week, but I thought I would post an image here,
in anti-Spam-bot format, for future reference.

New format for the DMC MW Business cards.

Domi
06-20-2016, 01:59 PM
Great, thank you :thumbup:

Domi
07-03-2016, 04:27 PM
I received my LCA from Mike and Suzy McElhattan a few days ago.
Got Suzy via FB messenger for my order, a big thumps up :thumbup:
Awesome product, very beautiful parts :)

Morpheus
07-05-2016, 05:01 PM

Are those lower spring cradles removable if you want to install a coil over setup? The 4 phillips screws make me think it could be possible.

Jonathan
07-05-2016, 05:15 PM

Wow, those are impressive looking!

<in my best cousin Eddie voice> If you don't mind me asking, what'd a pair of those set you back?

Domi
07-06-2016, 03:14 PM
Are those lower spring cradles removable if you want to install a coil over setup? The 4 phillips screws make me think it could be possible.

Yes, I think so.

Domi
07-06-2016, 03:16 PM
Wow, those are impressive looking!

<in my best cousin Eddie voice> If you don't mind me asking, what'd a pair of those set you back?

Price?
$1246,48 for both including bushing.

Jonathan
07-07-2016, 08:53 AM
Price?
$1246,48 for both including bushing.

Thanks Domi!

That's quite a lot of money, but judging by how good they look, you get what you paid for. Let us know how they do once installed or share some pics if you have them.

Domi
07-07-2016, 01:00 PM
Thanks Domi!

That's quite a lot of money, but judging by how good they look, you get what you paid for. Let us know how they do once installed or share some pics if you have them.

You're welcome :)
Yes, they're pretty expensive, I had to save money for a few month, but I think they worth the money very well.
Sure, I'll post some pictures in my thread here:
http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10365-VIN-16951-from-France

GS450-Junkie
07-24-2016, 09:47 AM
Congrats to Dave and Julee. A big thanks to Dave for answering 10 years worth of my dumb questions over the phone and via countless emails as I attempted to rebuild my car. I must have sent him 10,000 emails as I moved throughout the car, and he never failed to answer any of them...most of which within an hour of me sending it.

I look forward to working with Mike and Suzy for as long as I own my car. I'm not sure how long that will be as of right now...part of me thinks it's time to let go of my car, and seeing Dave move on somehow makes it a little easier for me.