PDA

View Full Version : DeLorean Rental Request - Jacksonville Area - Saturday March 5, 2016

Morpheus
02-24-2016, 09:54 PM
Hey Guys,

I have a display rental request for Saturday, March 5th in the Jacksonville area if anyone is available or interested:

Hello,

My name is Don Pinaud. I'm an attorney in Jacksonville, and I am writing on behalf of Jason Acosta, the Principal at Sacred Heart Catholic School in Jacksonville. For almost 60 years, Sacred Heart School has provided high quality elementary school education for grades Pre-K through 8, which education embraces Catholic and Christian teachings and values. The school was actually founded by Catholic nuns, the last of which only left the school a couple years ago.

Every year, Sacred Heart School does a carnival where it raises a substantial amount of money to support the school through the year, and which carnival has become beloved by the community for its rides and attractions. Every year, the carnival has a theme. This year, the carnival theme is "Back to the Future." So, you can figure out I'm sure where I'm coming from.

We are looking for someone with a Delorean automobile to have the car present at the carnival during the primary day of its activity ( or longer certainly, if the owner was willing ) so that the car could highlight the event. We are only asking for a static display where the car would be parked (safely) for viewing and photographing purposes. Of course, if the owner wanted to start it or demonstrate it, that would be fine.

We are looking to secure a car for the main carnival day of Saturday, March 5. The carnival is all day (and evening) on Saturday, during the evening only on Friday, March 4, and during the day only on Sunday, March 6. We would be ever grateful to secure a car only for Saturday, March 5, and we would be very happy even if we could do so for a limited amount of time on Saturday, as opposed to the whole day. Of course, if the owner was willing, we would be happy to have it as long as possible on Saturday, and we would gratefully accept any generosity on Friday or Sunday. But we will be most appreciative of whatever time we can get.

Sacred Heart School is an entity of the Catholic Diocese of St. Augustine, and if an owner is generous enough to help us out, we would be pleased to give him or her credit for a charitable contribution for the display use of the car. The amount can be discussed with the Principal when it is decided as to the time that the car would be present.

So then, all this said, I inquire whether you might have someone in your organization willing to assist us. If you do, please have that person contact me by email (preferred) or telephone, so that the owner and the Principal can discuss how we can put this together and have a great and special carnival for the kids in the community, while allowing the owner to showcase their special car, and receive a charitable contribution credit for doing so.

Thank you so much for your consideration. With warmest regards, I remain

Very truly yours,

Don Pinaud

If anyone can help Don out, please email him at dp(at)jaxjustice.com.

Nicholas R
02-24-2016, 11:32 PM
Are they looking for a stock DeLorean or a full time machine conversion? I only ask because he said:

Of course, if the owner wanted to start it or demonstrate it, that would be fine.

This makes me think hes looking specifically for a time machine. Maybe he doesn't know the difference?

Morpheus
02-25-2016, 09:27 AM
Honestly, I think he just wants any DeLorean. If it's a time machine, bonus! If not, that's fine too.

He mentioned that they are looking for a "donation", meaning they don't want to pay for someone to show up. I told him that travel expenses and some sort of compensation should be offered at a minimum, because asking someone to detail their car, drive to the event, & spend all day at the event keeping drinks out of the car and preventing damage is asking a lot out of anyone. He seems to get that it won't likely be free.

Personally, I would ask for $300 minimum for this gig, but only if I lived in the area.