PDA

View Full Version : Any Spokane / Coeur d'Alene area DeLorean owners want help this summer?

Xopher
05-26-2011, 11:41 PM
My name is Christopher and I'm local to Spokane while I attend Eastern Washington University. I am a future DeLorean owner.

I would like to help someone in the Spokane / Coeur d'Alene area with any sort of DeLorean work they may be doing, whether a restoration, customization, or simpler repair work. Basically, I want to learn anything and everything I can about DeLoreans by working on one (or more).

I am a quick study, hard worker, and am willing to listen to directions and take orders in this situation. I want to learn enough to be comfortable when purchasing my own DeLorean a few years down the road.

Thank you.

- Christopher

Roman Legion
05-27-2011, 02:46 AM
I wish I were still up in Seattle, beautiful place.. My time there was entirely too short and I hope to return one day for a visit. I wish you luck, I am sure someone will jump on the chance to get free labour.

Dangermouse
05-27-2011, 07:54 AM
Damn,

we need someone this motivated down here in ATL 8)

Great way to learn about the cars

outatym2001
05-30-2011, 02:03 AM
Christopher,
Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Mark and I have been a member of the Pacific Northwest DeLorean Club since October, 2000. I bought my DeLorean from a fellow club member in February, 2001. I paid with tax and license just under $12,000. It needed a lot of help! Be careful what you wish for and do lots of investigating/research and do not simply buy the very first DeLorean you come across.

I just got done checking the PNDC Member List and there are four members who live in Spokane and another who lives just north of Spokane.

One more DeLorean owner lives just over the border in Idaho.

The PNDC yearly dues are $20 and you will get access to the Member List and Parts Interchange List and Calendar of Events.

Unfortunately none of those people above are active on DMC Talk.

Shoot! You just missed the Spokane Lilac Festival and parade where several PNDC members drove from Western Washington on Friday and drove their DeLoreans in the parade then drove home on Sunday. I didn’t go since I have the time but no money.

http://www.pndc.org/

Xopher
05-30-2011, 02:39 AM
Thanks, Mark!

I was at the Lilac Parade and got to talk to a lot of the PNDC. :D I just didn't realize I should have asked this then. I've got the membership application and a check filled out here, waiting for money in my account to submit it.

Here's a bunch of pictures from the Lilac Parade staging: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150308762694358.431328.797209357&l=8f6a9d74a8

I talked a lot with 304CRES (I'm terrible with names, but I remember his license plate!), who lives in or near Spokane. Wish I would have asked him if he needed help when I was talking to him.

And yeah, I know not to just jump into the first DeLorean I come across. That's part of the idea of getting myself a DeLorean Sensei here: I'll hopefully learn enough to know what to look for when buying and enough to do a lot of the work that I'm sure it will need. :D

ArnieBrandon
05-30-2011, 10:41 AM
License 304CRES belongs to Frank Young, a long standing PNDC member who lives in Deer Park, WA.

Xopher
05-30-2011, 01:05 PM
Thanks, Arnie!

Frank was super nice to me, even letting me sit in his car (and taking pictures of me in it)!

I can't wait to be a member of PNDC.