PDA

View Full Version : Celebration Exotic Car Festival - April 14-17 2016 and TECH DAY in CLERMONT, FL!

Morpheus
03-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Car Show Season is here!

Registration is open for the 2016 Celebration Exotic Car Festival! Now in its 13th year, this has become one of the premier car shows in Florida and DCF is proud to have participated in this show since 2005! Historically, it has been our club's biggest annual gathering of DeLoreans, and we would love to keep that tradition alive this year.

How can you participate? Very simple! Register your show-ready DeLorean on the show's website: http://www.celebrationexoticcars.com. Registration is $50 per vehicle before March 25th, and $75 after March 25th (Late Registration). All proceeds go to charities such as the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

Participation in events such as the Friday dinner, Saturday dinner, and the Sunday rally are optional, and are a separate charge.

In addition, I'll be hosting a Tech Day at my place (conveniently located less than 3 miles from the Winter Garden/Clermont Turnpike exit 272) 2 weeks before the show on Saturday, April 2nd from 10AM to 5PM to address small projects like Torsion Bar adjustments and the like for those interested. You must RSVP to attend, as I will need to give a list of attendees to Security at the gate of my neighborhood.

Mrs. Shelton will be serving lunch that day, so if you have any dietary restrictions, please include that information in your RSVP. Bottled water and iced tea will be provided, any "other" beverages will be BYOB.

You can RSVP by PM or by email: morpheus34711(at)yahoo(dot)com. Looking forward to seeing you all at the Show and/or Tech Day!

**I should add that if you plan on attending the Tech Day, please bring a chair and some tools, if you can. I have a good set of tools that I am willing to lend to folks, but there might not be enough to go around!

DeLorean937
03-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Sounds great! I'll be attending and assisting anyone that needs any extra hands at the tech day. I should be registered this week!

Lenny
03-06-2016, 06:52 PM
I've already registered. I'd love to do the Tech day but I'm doing the Road Rally and won't be able to stop by until after it's over.

Morpheus
03-06-2016, 07:29 PM
I've already registered. I'd love to do the Tech day but I'm doing the Road Rally and won't be able to stop by until after it's over.

Lenny, the Tech Day is actually 2 weeks before the show, on April 2nd so people can get their car ready for the show.

Lenny
03-06-2016, 09:01 PM
Lenny, the Tech Day is actually 2 weeks before the show, on April 2nd so people can get their car ready for the show.

Duh I take reading lessons next week.

When I saw the post I automatically assumed it would be after the show like we did a couple of years ago.

Morpheus
03-07-2016, 09:30 AM
Duh I take reading lessons next week.

When I saw the post I automatically assumed it would be after the show like we did a couple of years ago.

No worries! I figured that it would be better to do it before the show, since people probably have projects they want to get done before hand.

Morpheus
03-11-2016, 03:56 PM
It's about 3 weeks away and so far we have several people who have RSVP-ed for the Tech Day, but we have room for plenty more! For those of you who have RSVP-ed, feel free to post in this thread which jobs you want to get accomplished so we can plan the day out a bit better.

There will be a special guest attending that I will announce next week, stay tuned for details!

DMage
03-11-2016, 08:18 PM
I will be over after 12, possibly closer to 1 to assist with torsion bar adjustments and whatever other random projects are on deck. Who is working on what during the tech day?

Still no replacement D over here, but I will bring the new toy.

DMC-81
03-11-2016, 09:07 PM
Hi there,

I hope to get some help installing a new fuel accumulator, and a new fuel filter.

I have a braided SS fuel supply line (and return line) which I'll install at the same time as the filter.

After that, as a bonus, if time allows, and if there is a CIS gauge there, I'd like to check my fuel pressures. I have a PPR shim kit if necessary.

Thanks Brandon for hosting the event.

Morpheus
03-11-2016, 11:15 PM
I don't have a CIS gauge, but I do have a dwell meter. So if anyone wants to check their CO, we can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMC-81
03-12-2016, 06:49 AM
No problem at all. The accumulator is the priority.

dblincoln3
03-14-2016, 09:45 AM
I would like to get the torsion bars adjusted on my car.

Lenny
03-14-2016, 10:56 AM
I'm not going to be able to bring the DeLorean. My granddaughter has been accepted to Embry Riddle in Daytona and their new student orientation is that day.

I'm going to try and stop by on the way home.

Morpheus
03-14-2016, 10:47 PM
I would like to get the torsion bars adjusted on my car.

All you need to do is RSVP!

Morpheus
03-14-2016, 10:50 PM
I'm going to try and stop by on the way home.

We will be going till around 5 or 6pm, so swing on by if you can! Be sure to email your RSVP to me so I can send out directions.

dblincoln3
03-14-2016, 11:52 PM
All you need to do is RSVP!

I already did. I sent you an email a few days ago. I asked you about the T-panel in the email that I sent.

Morpheus
03-15-2016, 09:26 AM
I already did. I sent you an email a few days ago. I asked you about the T-panel in the email that I sent.

Ah, yes. It's hard to correlate DMCTalk usernames with a person's real name sometimes.

Nicholas R
03-16-2016, 09:03 AM
Just RSVP'd! I'm planning to be there. I'll bring my tools. I'm thinking of doing a fuel pump change out on my car that day; something with better flow. Cant wait! :wrenchin:

DMC-81
03-17-2016, 07:40 PM
Update: I finally conquered my fuel accumulator replacement. :wrenchin: A 17mm crow's foot was the key to success, as was creative tool making to replace a second hand in a one hand only area.

We can scratch that from the list.

Morpheus
03-18-2016, 11:12 AM
^ That's awesome, Dana. The fuel filter shouldn't be a big deal by comparison.

Ok guys and gals, so far we have about 9 people coming which is a great crowd! If anyone is on the fence about coming, just know that even if you don't have to do any work on your DeLorean, or if you don't yet have a DeLorean, Tech Days like these are a great place to gather and share knowledge!

The lunch menu is being finalized by Mrs. Shelton, and i'm sure that everyone is going to enjoy it!

For those of you who HAVE RSVP'd, expect an email from me about a week out with directions and such. If you plan on RSVPing, please include the number of people you are bringing so we have enough food for everyone.

Thanks!

Evildeli
03-18-2016, 03:35 PM
My wife made plans early on so there's s Disney marathon going on the same weekend. She signed up first so I'm tied down to that. The good news is I'll be just around the corner so I'm hoping to drop by the show. It's been a while for me.

-john

DMage
03-18-2016, 04:38 PM
The lunch menu is being finalized by Mrs. Shelton, and i'm sure that everyone is going to enjoy it!

Death by chocolate? :)

Morpheus
03-18-2016, 05:31 PM
Death by chocolate? :)

No, blackberry cobbler!

03-22-2016, 03:24 PM
I'll email you about rsvp'ing for tech day. If my car is still acting up, I may not bring it, i'll just come and watch. But hopefully I can bring it.

Morpheus
03-22-2016, 07:30 PM
I'll email you about rsvp'ing for tech day. If my car is still acting up, I may not bring it, i'll just come and watch. But hopefully I can bring it.

Got your RSVP Paige, thanks!

DMC-81
03-24-2016, 07:52 AM
Just curious if anyone coming to the tech day has a CIS fuel tester gauge. If so, can you bring it? I would love to check my fuel pressure.

My car was idling beautifully until I installed the external brass inline fuel check valve (at the pump). Immediately after that, it began hunting idle. The new accumulator made the hunting better, but it's still there. I suspect that I ended up lowering the system pressure with the check valve. Would that make sense?

I want to do this check before adjusting the dwell.

Also, I can bring my A/C gauges (covers both R12 and R134a) in case anyone wants to check their refrigerant levels. Let me know.

Morpheus
03-24-2016, 12:06 PM
A quick update:

We have a total of 7 cars registered for the Celebration show thus far.

For the Tech Day, we have had 15 people RSVP.

I can't stress this enough: If you are planning on joining us for the Tech Day, please RSVP.

jcrubin
04-02-2016, 06:22 PM
Woo hoo we got a lot of stuff fixed too.

No torsion bar fatalities and one near death experience. Better the socket than the bar I suppose.

In the very last minutes of the meeting id had a look at maurice's car to check the positioning of the vacuum for the brake booster. Found by accident AN AC hose binding against the steering coupling.
We were able to repair it before any serious damage could be caused

DMC-81
04-02-2016, 08:04 PM
Yes indeed. It was a great day, and it was nice to meet and or see everyone again. Brandon and Laura, thanks for hosting the event and for the delicious lunch.

Nick, thanks for the ride in your awesome car. :burnout:

Elliott, your time car replica was sweet..., complete with sounds! :worship:

I liked seeing everyone's efforts and ideas on their cars. Like last time, I learned a lot.

Oh, it was also very cool to see a Tesla roasting the rear tires. All you could hear was the shredding rubber. :jawdrop:

Sorry I couldn't bring my car... Next time!

Cheers,

Morpheus
04-02-2016, 10:06 PM
Thanks to everyone who braved the awful weather and came out today! It was great meeting some new faces and catching up with some familiar ones. The only casualty was my 3/8" allen socket, which died on our 4th torsion bar adjustment.

Nicholas R
04-04-2016, 09:34 AM
Thanks for hosting us Brandon; even with the rain it was a great time!

I looked around a little and did find 3/8" hex sockets with a 1/2" drive. Nothing in stores but did see them online. I'm thinking of picking up one myself to have for that specific job. MSC has them here:
http://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tnpla/33006537?src=pla&cid=PLA-Google-PLA+-+Test&CS_003=7867724&CS_010=33006537#navid=12108948+4287539090+42875571 09

And McMaster has a variety of different styles and lengths on their website. They range from $6-$20 for a single socket, but given how important it is for it to hold up (during torsion bar adjustments) I think it's worth it.

Morpheus
04-04-2016, 11:21 AM
I wonder if an impact socket would be preferable in this application? Aren't they supposed to be "tougher" than normal sockets? Thanks for the links, Nick... I'll be getting one of these for sure, though I will probably stick to a shorter one rather than a longer one.

EDIT:

I found this one on Amazon, it's from SnapOn/Williams:
http://www.amazon.com/Williams-35212-2-Inch-Socket-8-Inch/dp/B007YR9UXK

$14.80 with Prime shipping? Yes Please!

Nicholas R
04-04-2016, 03:11 PM
I wonder if an impact socket would be preferable in this application? Aren't they supposed to be "tougher" than normal sockets? Thanks for the links, Nick... I'll be getting one of these for sure, though I will probably stick to a shorter one rather than a longer one.

EDIT:

I found this one on Amazon, it's from SnapOn/Williams:
http://www.amazon.com/Williams-35212-2-Inch-Socket-8-Inch/dp/B007YR9UXK

$14.80 with Prime shipping? Yes Please!

Ooooh nice find. I agree, I'm all about the amazon prime. And Snap-On/Williams definitely has a good enough history for me to trust the tool. Think I'll pick one up myself as well.

DMC8182
04-12-2016, 09:51 PM
Is anyone meeting up for dinner Friday before the show Saturday ?

Cecil

Morpheus
04-12-2016, 09:58 PM
We can probably put something together. Is anyone else going to the Arsenio Hall show Friday night?

Lenny
04-13-2016, 12:03 PM
I'm staying at Saratoga Springs near Downtown Disney. Let me know what you decide.

Lenny
04-13-2016, 12:16 PM
I didn't get to attend the Tech Session. However, I would like to get the torsion bars adjusted. They are sagging a little bit. I could be because it's been cool weather and the car was not used for 4 months.

There were a couple of posts about buying a new "Impact Socket". If someone wants to bring their adjustment setup I'd be very glad to be the Guinea Pig to have their new socket tested. ;)

Morpheus
04-13-2016, 12:29 PM
I'm staying at Saratoga Springs near Downtown Disney. Let me know what you decide.

Are you going to the show on Friday night? If not, do you want to? I have 2 extra tickets I can sell you for cheap.

Lenny
04-15-2016, 03:27 PM
Are you going to the show on Friday night? If not, do you want to? I have 2 extra tickets I can sell you for cheap.

No we're just going to get something here to eat and hang around. Thank you anyway see you tomorrow

whocruiser
04-15-2016, 08:46 PM
Sorry not to be able to join y'all this year but have a great time, and maybe next year again for me.

Chris Burns
04-17-2016, 03:20 PM
Show went really well this year and was a nice temperature outside this year for a change!!

Loved seeing all the Deloreans and seeing everyone again and meeting new people.

Looking forward to next event!!

Here is a video of the Delorean parade. You can hear Nicks LS1 Delorean's exhaust making noise as he drives by. Nick's car and the Concours cars got quite a bit of attention as all the Deloreans did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzzSh-3Hql0&sns=fb

Beachdrifter
04-18-2016, 08:57 PM
Had a great time at the show. Really was fun catching up with everyone and seeing all the great DeLoreans there! Wow! They all made me proud to be an owner. All the cars looked the best I've seen at the show ever!

Looking forward to seeing you all next year. Keep enjoying the ride!

Chris Burns
04-18-2016, 09:25 PM
Had a great time at the show. Really was fun catching up with everyone and seeing all the great DeLoreans there! Wow! They all made me proud to be an owner. All the cars looked the best I've seen at the show ever!

Looking forward to seeing you all next year. Keep enjoying the ride!

Great to meet you Beechdrifter and a very nice Delorean you have there!!