PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 1982 DeLorean, 5-speed for sale

Varis
08-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Due to unfortunate circumstances, I need to sell my DeLorean. It's a Dec. 81 build, 5-speed with the flat hood. The odometer reads 42.7k, and I think that it is accurate. The frame is in very good shape. The car is very reliable, having just recently gone from Chicago to Colorado Springs with no issues.

First, the good:

I just recently got the car back from DMC Midwest where it had a huge amount of work done on it. I'd have to look at the invoices (which I don't have in front of me) but off the top of my head I'll list what I had done.

Suspension lowered and upgraded (also replaced/repaired everything in the suspension, including trailing arm bolts)
Radiator replaced with new design radiator
Cooling fans replaced with Toby's fan upgrade
Stage II performance done to engine, including stainless fuel lines and powder coated intake manifold
VOD cleaned out and cleaned up
Coolant system replaced with all silicone hoses
New alternator
Pretty much everything in the engine bay was repaired or replaced
Modernized relays
New tires
New brake master cylinder

The bad:

The front fascia is scratched up on the drivers side, but there was no collision damage or anything that I know of. The driver's side window is stuck partway down and the passenger side window is somewhat sluggish going up and down. The leather on the passenger seat is torn a little bit. The leather on both seats is old and stiff. I tried to restore it some but it didn't really turn out any better. The only big issue is the strut on the passenger side. The fiberglass is damaged in that area of the car. The passenger door works, but as you can see in the photos, doesn't quite lift up all the way. It should be easily fixed by any shop that is good with fiberglass.

I've posted some photos I took recently, and I'll try to get some more up in the next few days. If anyone has any specific areas they would like to see photographed, let me know and I'll get them posted here or in a PM.

I'm asking $22,500 or best offer. Please PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks

Chris Burns
08-22-2011, 03:03 PM
Nice Delorean! Doesn't sound too bad. Stage 2 engine with a 5 speed:woot:

Domi
08-22-2011, 03:56 PM
Looks like you have a beautiful Delorean here.
I think, some people would ask some frame pictures.
Anyway, good luck with your sale.

Twilight_Fenrir
08-22-2011, 06:49 PM
Do you accept Kidney's?

lol, very nice car, if I had the money it would be gone. Good luck with your sale!

dvonk
08-23-2011, 12:16 AM
what is the VIN?

Varis
08-23-2011, 12:26 AM
Sorry, forgot to put that there.

It's #10785. I'll try to get some pictures of the frame in the next few days.

TheDutchTexan
08-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Not bad money for a stage II DeLorean with other needed upgrades! Good luck on selling!

(although, honestly, you should get that fiberglass damage fixed. If I where in 20k zone that would be the thing that keeps me from buying it).

larsfroysa
08-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Where are you located?

Condition of the stainless?

Varis
08-24-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm located in Colorado Springs, CO. The stainless is in pretty good shape. There's still a little work left to be done on the hood to get it all looking great, though. I had a dent taken out of the driver's side fender a little while ago. Can't even tell that there was one. DMC Midwest did a great job on it.

I should have frame pics up by Friday.

08-24-2011, 07:04 PM
PM sent.

Varis
08-27-2011, 07:12 PM
After further consideration, I'm lowering the price to $21,000 or best offer to make up for the cost of the fiberglass repair. I'll have frame pictures tomorrow.