PDA

View Full Version : Delorean- vintage original- rebuilding- locksmith?

Dashawnreyes
03-17-2016, 03:25 AM
My father owned the only car model originally produced by the company. I really want to surprise him for his 75th, by fixing it up. almost done with it.. just the door lock is tricky.. I’ve never dealt with scissor doors. Should I call a locksmith?

Gregadeth
03-17-2016, 03:43 AM
What is the problem exactly?

Nicholas R
03-17-2016, 07:45 AM
My father owned the only car model originally produced by the company. I really want to surprise him for his 75th, by fixing it up. almost done with it.. just the door lock is tricky.. I’ve never dealt with scissor doors. Should I call a locksmith?

Only if you know the problem is with the actual lock itself and not the door latch and locking mechanisms that run throughout the door. Give some more information and folks here can probably help you through your problems.

sdg3205
03-17-2016, 11:26 AM
I'm not sure a lock smith will do much good. As already stated, there is probably nothing wrong with the actual lock cylinder in the door. The problem is more often with the alignment of the linkages and latches.

If you run a search, look for the TSB (technical service bulletin) for the "Lock and Latch Procedure."

KaleyTapia
03-21-2016, 03:01 AM
if it's not a problem with the latch.. then yes, call a locksmith

Soundkillr
03-21-2016, 07:40 AM
Kaley, do not hot link to another website in your posts again. The fact that you are new and doing this leads us to believe this is a bot account. Your previous post has been edited. Please pm me for details, and based on your deleted post, your account has been pushed to moderated status for safety until you can verify you are a real user.