PDA

View Full Version : Delorean Disassembly Game/APP

delgato
05-09-2016, 09:51 PM
I found this video on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho_2QypPFWo

After that I found out this is an app you can get on your phone called "Car Disassembly 3D"

(I have an iphone, don't know about android)

The App is free and comes with some kind of hot rod type car.

They want you to pay $2.99 to get the Delorean.

I paid it, and played it, and it is pretty slick.

I say it is impressively accurate all things considered.

Check it out, what do you think?

What I wonder is if a non owner get this app and starts thinking

"I can take this car totally apart in 15 minutes. It would only take 1 hour or 2 tops to do it in real life."

Time Machine
05-10-2016, 01:04 AM
I found this video on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho_2QypPFWo

After that I found out this is an app you can get on your phone called "Car Disassembly 3D"

(I have an iphone, don't know about android)

The App is free and comes with some kind of hot rod type car.

They want you to pay $2.99 to get the Delorean.

I paid it, and played it, and it is pretty slick.

I say it is impressively accurate all things considered.

Check it out, what do you think?

What I wonder is if a non owner get this app and starts thinking

"I can take this car totally apart in 15 minutes. It would only take 1 hour or 2 tops to do it in real life."

Dude, that is so cool. I'll give them $2.99. I'm a visual person and this is exactly what I need.

DMCVegas
05-11-2016, 08:41 AM
A couple of inaccuracies here and there, but pretty damn amazing! This has potential to be a great teaching tool for when owners who are working on a car can't visualize things. A great addition would be bookmarks for removal of certain parts, as well as sub-categories for door internals and the fuel injection system.

I love the fact that there are two levels of difficulty: Casual & Normal.

Let's see the author come up with a "Difficult" setting where you've got to spray PB Blaster, then tap the screen as fast as you can to build-up strength to bust rusted hardware loose. Then the "Realistic" level where things don't match up, parts are missing, & there are unnecessarily complicated modifications. Then the puzzle is that you've got to figure out what in the hell the PO did to the car and undo what they did!

Bonus stage is dropping a screw inside of the door handle, and you have to play Operation to get it out without slicing your forearms up.

Silverbullet
05-11-2016, 05:43 PM
Battery is on the wrong side, they put it in the Driver's locked cubby...

Craig

Michael
05-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Car Disassembley is an off shoot of Gun Disassembley and the gun tool as an amazingly accurate app. I used it to take down my Chiappa Rhino for extensive cleaning and I could have not do it without the app. You can move from any angle, zoom level, and transparancy level.

The gun app is right on the money accurate, the other crap, cars, planes, etc. is more of a game and not accurate at all. After all the gun apps include every single part to a gun...EVERY part, every screw, spring, pin, everything. Given the Delorean has almost 4,500 parts, this is good for entertainment value and not much else.

mr_maxime
05-11-2016, 06:07 PM
Kind of lost interest in it when they unbolted the louvre struts. I'd pay good money if it was 100% accurate. I can often visually see how things come apart, but finding the right screws and bolts is the main issue.

Michael
05-11-2016, 06:09 PM
A couple of inaccuracies here and there, but pretty damn amazing! This has potential to be a great teaching tool for when owners who are working on a car can't visualize things.

Just watched the vid...I would like to see them use that at 2:25 when they go to remove the doors without addressing the torsion rod.

Peripatetic
05-14-2016, 10:08 PM
Fun game. It's all the fun of getting to know the insides of my car with none of the regret.

Everything is apparently attached with screws. The game only has the one animation for "detached". Fun fact: The rear view mirror is bolted into the windshield according to the app.