PDA

View Full Version : For Sale condenser

Ratrace427
07-02-2016, 06:03 PM
I removed the r12 condenser this weekend to replace it with the improved part. I was just about to through it out when i thought i should at least ask if anyone wanted it. It didnt come off the car easy and the threads on the small lower line came off with the line and the four mounting studs twisted off. So really i think this is trash but it doesnt have any leaks and the line fitting can be repaired just as the four mounting studs. Its repairable for sure but the shipping will be $25 to be safe. So yeah $25 sounds good and my paypal is [email protected]

Ratrace427
07-04-2016, 08:44 AM
My thread has had 70 views as of now. I can now through this part away in peace. My trash service picks up tomorrow morning.

Citizen
07-04-2016, 10:52 AM
[snip] but it doesnt have any leaks and the line fitting can be repaired just as the four mounting studs. Its repairable for sure [snip]

My thread has had 70 views as of now. I can now through this part away in peace. My trash service picks up tomorrow morning.

Before you throw away a potentially useful part, consider that there are still thousands of DeLoreans out there, and (I'd bet) 1 thousand (or at least hundreds) who are on DMCTalk. 70 may sound like a lot of views, but it would be sad if someone popped up a month from now and wanted it....

JMHO.

Thomas

Ratrace427
07-04-2016, 05:45 PM
it wont hurt to let it sit for a month. I use to keep everything i took off the car but now im getting to much useless stuff. I thought that one day it would be awesome to have every item removed. I was thinking that when i sell the car on in 20 years or whatever that the new owner would be impressed with all the old original stuff. OOOOHhh ahh the original fuel accumulator. YES! Im so glad you kept that for 20 years! :headbang: In reality you can buy another part that is better right from delorean. So IDK maybe i should keep the condenser for 20 years because it could be repaired and i could buy r12 for $1000 a can in 20 years. People are a weird species. Lets do something that i know makes no sense but it makes me feel better.

Anyways i digress...i will hold on to it for a little longer and try not to keep it forever. My wife loves all my extra car parts :cool1:

refugeefromcalif
07-04-2016, 06:03 PM
People are a weird species. Lets do something that i know makes no sense but it makes me feel better. :cool1:

Doesn't that sum up owning a DeLorean? :meditation:

George

Andrew
07-05-2016, 09:34 AM
Don't throw it away! The stock serpentine condenser is more efficient than the tube and fin replacements available from some of the vendors. However, in theory a universal parallel flow condenser is better than the stock unit.

Furthermore, the serpentine condensers are NLA.

Ratrace427
07-06-2016, 06:23 AM
delorean motor company is selling parallel condensers for $160. Only reason to keep using this old thing would be... idk?