PDA

View Full Version : Well, it's that time again......

63SWC
07-06-2016, 04:16 PM
I am not a frequent poster so when I do I try to make them count. If you recall my previous Delorean experience (http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10975-New-owner-beginning-with-cross-country-trip-advice ; http://dmctalk.org/showthread.php?10986-Cross-country-Delorean-Adventure-2014 ), I love the open road. After enjoying 1417 for only a short time, I passed her on to a new owner in Texas. This was a decision I had to make but regretted immediately. Fortunately, I am jumping back into the Delorean family, thanks to Shark Pilot, and flying to CT on Monday to drive 10020 to MS. I hope and expect the road trip to be as beautiful, fun, and (mechanically) uneventful as the 2014 trip from Oregon. Wave if you see me!

DMC-81
07-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Congrats on the purchase! :thumbup:

63SWC
07-14-2016, 07:05 PM
After flying to CT on Monday, Shark Pilot picked me up at the airport and we headed to his house to complete the transfer of 10020. Late dinner at Denny's and a quick nap later, I hit the road for two consecutive ten hour drive days CT-NY-NJ-PA-MD-WV-VA-TN-GA-AL-MS..... 1,236 miles in two days and the car did great the entire time. Not a single glitch or hiccup and averaged about 27 MPG. Of course, lots of thumbs up, pics, and gas stop conversations.

The best part of the trip (besides meeting and hanging out with Shark Pilot of course) was in the parking lot of the Holiday Inn in Blacksburg, VA. I saw, from the ground floor hotel room window, two 17ish year old guys looking at the car so I went out to talk with them. They stated that they had never seen a Delorean in person so we climbed all in and over the car. We discussed other cars they had seen/etc and I expressed to them that I appreciated that they have car fever, just as I did at their age (and now).

My thanks to Shark Pilot and his family for their hospitality. Nice to be home safe and sound; glad to be a part of the community once again.

refugeefromcalif
07-14-2016, 07:40 PM
Congrats on your latest DeLorean purchase!
I've made 2 long distance trips with my car. The attention they get on the road, (and rest stops), is worth the price of admission. (So to speak)... :smile:

George

Morpheus
07-15-2016, 10:30 AM
Congrats! Welcome back to the fold.