PDA

View Full Version : Light switch mod - lights on with key on only

dn010
08-26-2011, 09:38 PM
Has anyone performed the headlight mod that only allows the headlights to come on with the key turned to the 1st or 2nd position? I tried this and while my headlights stay off with the key off, the marker lights stay on with the key off! From the light switch, I have the blue cut and going to the contacts of the relay, and I have light green/white from the radio going to the coil and the other coil terminal is grounded... Any suggestions? Thanks for any help.

PS-My switch also has the relay conversion. (RG from switch to coil, RG form harness to contact, B to coil, NU to contact.

dn010
08-27-2011, 03:25 PM
Figured it out. I just ran the wire that is supposed to be brown/blue from the light switch to a switched 12v source, and then wrapped the NU wire coming from the harness so it wouldn't short on anything. My lights now only come on when the ignition is on, and turn off when the ignition is off; I'll never forget to turn my lights off again.

DeloreanJoshQ
08-28-2011, 06:33 PM
and then wrapped the NU wire coming from the harness so it wouldn't short on anything.

What is NU?

sean
08-28-2011, 06:43 PM
What is NU?

N= brown
U= blue

NU= brown/blue wire.