PDA

View Full Version : Young DeLorean fan wants to take your car, because it's neglected?!? LOCK YOUR GATE!

Mike C.
08-27-2011, 07:39 AM
First, thanks to Timothy DuFresne. I found these vids because of his facebook page.

Youtube only allows a certain number of characters for comments.

First, the cliffsnotes:

- This kid likes deloreans....alot apparently.
- He finds a car he believes to be "abandoned". It's abandoned in someone's yard with a closed gate. :ugh:
- Goes into yard, opens up the car. Probes around car, all without permission.
- Posts vid on youtube.
- Posts follow up vid on how he can legally get this car out of this owners possession, because they are neglecting it.

Next, the first vid. If you read through the comments, he tells how he snuck into the yard (gate was closed, but not locked, so that's ok apparently....) and how he opened the car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sKaiKYj5BlM&feature=related

Part 2: How can I get this car out of this person's possession video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j5gT23rDDQ&feature=player_embedded#!

My thoughts:

If you are in Maine, and have a D stored in your back yard, or if you know the person, tell them to please lock your car and your gate. Also know there is a kid going onto your property and going through your car.

To the kid, if you are on this forum:

Yes, i left you comments on your youtube videos. I am dmc16336. I understand that you are young, and a fan of the car. I was the same way when I was your age. In fact, I photographed a D on private property too when I was 17. The car had been parked for numerous years, and I wanted pics of it.
BUT, the car was parked in a Chevron, not a person's back yard. I spoke to the manager of the gas station, and he gave me access to the car. I took my photos, never touching the car. When done, I went back and said 'thank you' to the manager.

I can understand you wanting a DeLorean. Alot of us were in your shoes. However, this does NOT give you the right to sneak onto someone's property and videotape the car, and it DEFINITELY does not give you the right to open up a car that you do not own!!! This is INCREDIBLY disrespectful (not to mention illegal).

I will be honest, if you knocked on my door and asked to see my car, I would probably let you. Hell, i'd probably let you go for a ride at one point. But, if I knew you were sneaking onto my property, I would not be so generous. If I caught you in the act, that would have been another story all together.

As for your 2nd video, you need to look up the legal definition of 'abandoned':

Abandoned Property

n. under common property law abandoned property is/are item(s) which are apparently given up by the owner(s) and he/she/they do not intend to return to claim it back. There is unwritten but apparent surrender of legal right over that property. Common law of property allows anyone who first finds the item to own it.Though some items (like wrecked ships) become state's property.

The car is still in their possession. The owners are still in control of the vehicle, therefore it is NOT ABANDONED.
The car is on PRIVATE PROPERTY behind a gate. It is not left on a public street, and it is NOT in an abandoned lot. ITS IN THEIR BACK YARD!!!!!

Im not trying to be an asshole... really, im not. But you need to realize you can't just walk into someone's yard, videotaping, opening up cars, and then because you don't approve of the condition try to find ways to take it from them.

BTW, i've seen "abandoned" cars in waaaaaaaaaay worse shape than this one.

Farrar
08-27-2011, 10:23 AM
This reminds me an awful lot of the old thread on DMCTalk.com about the DeLorean which was sitting in a forest somewhere. All sorts of folks were theorizing on how to get it into the "community" and have it restored. But there were no YouTube videos. Plenty of photos, though.

Farrar

TheDutchTexan
08-27-2011, 12:40 PM
Guess kids these days have huge entitlement issues.

I do have to agree with not leaving a DeLorean out to rust. But I am fairly certain the owner will at one point sell the car to a DeLorean nut that knows how to get her back on the road.

SoCalDMC12
08-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Wow... if I saw some punk kid opening up my car, he'd get a serious education. Don't car how big a fan he is... sneaking onto someone's property and messing with his/her car is freaking rude/stupid. This kid hasn't learned right from wrong.

louielouie2000
08-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Guess kids these days have huge entitlement issues.

Why would you paint an entire generation with a wide swath over one kid's actions? :confused: This kid is just dumb & overly zealous. I doubt he represents all humans of his generation. After all, not all kids of the 1890s turned out to be like Adolf Hitler, not all kids in the 1960s turned out to be like Jeffery Dahmer, and not all investors are like Bernie Madoff. Painting entire groups in a negative light because of one stupid person's behavior is idiotic.

After all, like Farrar pointed out, dozens of grown DeLorean owners on this board of various ages were conspiring to remove that DeLorean off private property in Northern California because it was neglected. That's no different than what the kid in the above video was talking about doing. Wait, it was... the guys on this board should KNOW BETTER because they're grown men! :tongue:

Ryan
08-27-2011, 05:01 PM
Why would you paint an entire generation with a wide swath over one kid's actions? :confused: This kid is just dumb & overly zealous. I doubt he represents all humans of his generation.

Cause it's easier that way. You don't have to think critically about anything if you can make sweeping generalizations.

Jonathan
08-27-2011, 06:50 PM
He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiots too.

jackb
08-27-2011, 07:12 PM
I see what you did there....:tongue2:

Delorean02378
08-27-2011, 09:24 PM
If he got past #1, (not my exact German Shepherd), #2 is waiting

DMCNY
08-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Sadly, I have seen a lot of people like this (both children and adults) who don't have that little voice inside thier heads that says "Hey, I'm just not supposed to do this".

Be it was lost during growing up, never learned, or plain and simple, some people just don't give a crap or have enough respect for other peoples property to leave it alone.

Last week I drove the DeLorean to work for the 3rd time. We have to park our vehicles out back away from the lot cars. When I left to go home that day, the drivers door was only half latched and there were finger prints all over the door including little tiny children fingerprints. :mad:

Mind you, The car clearly has a NY liciense plate and current registration and inspection stickers on the windshield. It's somebody's car people, don't touch it!

Needless to say, I'm no longer driving the car to work...

Mike C.
08-27-2011, 10:01 PM

I like the way you think....

T_Stanley
08-28-2011, 09:56 AM
He removed the second video. Guess he changed his mind

TheDutchTexan
08-29-2011, 01:13 AM
Why would you paint an entire generation with a wide swath over one kid's actions? :confused: This kid is just dumb & overly zealous. I doubt he represents all humans of his generation.

Kids these days vs kids of previous generations are not the same. Back then they got shit done, worked to go where they wanted to go. They did not even think about holding up their hands because they got in debt or just want their parents to pay for everything.

Hell, I am no where near what my dad was, or his dad before him. But I still managed to move across the globe and make a living in a country not my own. And it took some major effort to get that done.

All I am trying to say is it seems the kids nowadays are less go getter, and more sit on their ass and let life happen. In the end it is my opinion, but I surely did not pull it out of my ass. I've seen too many of those brats around these parts.

DeLorean
08-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Devils advocate here... I don't see any malicious intent here, and it is a DeLorean, sitting outside, in the snow last registered over 12 years ago. If they are not doing nothing with the car, and neglecting it (the snow was caving in the louvers!) - they should either sell it or donate it to the first guy who walks by with a genuine interest in the car.

Or at least take a few shots and stick it on ebay. A DeLorean sitting in a yard un used really is a shame. In order to live the dream you have to drive the dream!

Chaser
10-09-2011, 12:55 AM
First off don't go at my parents. they had nothing to do with it. in fact they tell me i shouldn't do it. but guess what. i did. didn't hurt anything didn't effect the car in any way. Im interested and fyi i have gone to the door before and asked. she said yes. Next. there was no gate. don't know where you came up with that but whatever. I realize it was wrong to do by going on the property but its over and i got what i needed. So get off your ass if you are a grown man you should have better stuff to do than rant about a 16 year old kid who loves a car on the fucking internet. The video will stay up and I don't plan on letting some jerks tell me otherwise. So thanks for the extra 20 views or so cause it helps in the long run.

PS- I find it kinda cool that i have a blog just for me!

LEVY
10-09-2011, 01:31 AM
Yeah,

And you video-taped your face too!

First off don't go at my parents. they had nothing to do with it. in fact they tell me i shouldn't do it. but guess what. i did. didn't hurt anything didn't effect the car in any way. Im interested and fyi i have gone to the door before and asked. she said yes. Next. there was no gate. don't know where you came up with that but whatever. I realize it was wrong to do by going on the property but its over and i got what i needed. So get off your ass if you are a grown man you should have better stuff to do than rant about a 16 year old kid who loves a car on the fucking internet. The video will stay up and I don't plan on letting some jerks tell me otherwise. So thanks for the extra 20 views or so cause it helps in the long run.

Mike C.
10-09-2011, 02:08 AM

Good luck with that, champ.:bang:

Yeah, you're so confident, you pulled your second video talking about how you want to get the car out of the person's possession. Brilliant argument.

Second, you just contradicted yourself. You said you went do the door and asked, then said you realized it was 'wrong to do by just going on the property...' Even in the comments of your video, you admit:

:44 that would be breaking an entering, and you have now incriminated your self. lmao.
xcamaro94x 2 weeks ago

@xcamaro94x Oh well didn't hurt anything just checking it out.
lemurman919 2 weeks ago

Third, put your other whiny video back up. you know, the one where you are sitting in your room talking about how you can legally get a car out of an owners possession because you feel it's being neglected. That one's my favorite. You say it will stay up, yet it's down. Amazing.
Also, I don't know why you think people viewing your crappy stalker video helps anything, but i clicked on your video 3 more times so you get a hard on that your view count went up. Enjoy.

Fourth, Im an admin of the world's largest DeLorean forum... of course I have nothing better to do than make fun of a sixteen year old kid who posts a lame ass video on youtube. I live for this shit.

Fifth, it's a forum, not a blog. The last post was on August 29th before you chimed in. We've moved on. Don't be so honored you have a thread about your video. We also have a thread questioning if someone would rather get head from a crack whore or fuck Rosie O'Donnell and a video of Robocop selling fried chicken...

Now if you will excuse me, i'm going to walk into my neighbor's yard and videotape his boat, then try to take it out of his name since he doesn't deserve it.

Lenny
10-09-2011, 09:14 AM
Now for the cop point of view. He posted evidence of a felony (at least in florida) if the owner of the videos can be identified and the owner of the car calls the police, the kid goes to jail.

T_Stanley
10-09-2011, 05:44 PM
Good luck with that, champ.:bang:

Yeah, you're so confident, you pulled your second video talking about how you want to get the car out of the person's possession. Brilliant argument.

Second, you just contradicted yourself. You said you went do the door and asked, then said you realized it was 'wrong to do by just going on the property...' Even in the comments of your video, you admit:

Third, put your other whiny video back up. you know, the one where you are sitting in your room talking about how you can legally get a car out of an owners possession because you feel it's being neglected. That one's my favorite. You say it will stay up, yet it's down. Amazing.
Also, I don't know why you think people viewing your crappy stalker video helps anything, but i clicked on your video 3 more times so you get a hard on that your view count went up. Enjoy.

Fourth, Im an admin of the world's largest DeLorean forum... of course I have nothing better to do than make fun of a sixteen year old kid who posts a lame ass video on youtube. I live for this shit.

Fifth, it's a forum, not a blog. The last post was on August 29th before you chimed in. We've moved on. Don't be so honored you have a thread about your video. We also have a thread questioning if someone would rather get head from a crack whore or fuck Rosie O'Donnell and a video of Robocop selling fried chicken...

Now if you will excuse me, i'm going to walk into my neighbor's yard and videotape his boat, then try to take it out of his name since he doesn't deserve it.

Great stuff Mike!!!:hysterical:

sdg3205
10-10-2011, 02:31 AM

wow.

who are you going to ask for help from now when "your" car won't start?

I hope you treat the vendors with more respect.

Mike C.
10-10-2011, 09:27 AM
Great stuff Mike!!!:hysterical:

:D Couldn't resist.

Jonathan
10-10-2011, 11:32 AM
First off don't go at my parents. they had nothing to do with it.

And apparently he's not very swift with picking up subtle BTTF references either.

Make like a tree and get outta here!! LOL

stevedmc
10-10-2011, 11:41 AM
I've found the kid on facebook and have informed his local police department.

Btw, his name is Chase Hughes.

Ron
10-10-2011, 02:39 PM
And apparently he's not very swift with picking up subtle BTTF references either.

:D

LEVY
10-10-2011, 02:55 PM

You asked the owner before? Yeah, right! You can see yourself in the window reflection looking to make sure no one is watching you before you opened the door!

What an idiot!

Ryan King
10-10-2011, 03:22 PM
Just in the case he decides to come back and delete his posting.

stevedmc
10-10-2011, 03:31 PM
I already saved his youtube video. The police now have a copy of it.

LEVY
10-10-2011, 03:33 PM
Do you also have a copy of the second one?

I already saved his youtube video. The police now have a copy of it.

stevedmc
10-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Yep. So do the police.

Mike C.
10-10-2011, 04:01 PM
It's kids like him that make me keep my car guarded by a pit bull with herpes.

stevedmc
10-10-2011, 04:04 PM
It's kids like him that make me keep my car guarded by a pit bull with herpes.

I hear its even worse in prison when you have to share a cell with "Bubba".

in fact they tell me i shouldn't do it. but guess what. i did.

I wonder what his parrents are going to tell him when he calls and asks them to pay bail.

Ron
10-10-2011, 06:56 PM
I wonder what his parrents are going to tell him when he calls and asks them to pay bail.The first time I read that, I thought he had no respect for other people's property or his parents, but wants everyone else to! Who can respect parents who raise a puke that boasts about his disrespect for them? Hopefully their lack of responsibility will cost them a nickel or two in that state, too!

stevedmc
10-11-2011, 12:04 PM
Does anyone know if he got out of jail yet?

Only1Balto
10-11-2011, 12:44 PM
idk, I was sorta on the fence about until the kid posted up. I've lived out in the country/farm before where people park stuff in their yard and leave it there for 10-20 years. I'd never go over their fence or anything like that, and I'd probably knock on their front door an ask before I snooped around (unless it was just land that nobody lived on- yet owned). If it was a situation like that I'd see no issue with it. My main thing would be to get in contact with the owners to see what they planned on doing with it.

T_Stanley
10-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Does anyone know if he got out of jail yet?

Did he actually get arrested??

sean
10-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Did he actually get arrested??

In Steve's head he did.

Farrar
10-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Sure, he's in jail, jawing with John DeLorean about the good old days... :lol:

Farrar

stevedmc
10-11-2011, 03:43 PM
In Steve's head he did.

Don't make me go red neck on you. I don't want to end up sharing a cell with Chase.

Chaser
10-11-2011, 07:55 PM
haha

Jonathan
10-11-2011, 08:37 PM
haha

Glad to see you chime in here Chase and let us know you see some of the humour in this. The last page or two of this thread is funny, yes, but not the first part. Hopefully we learned a couple things:

1) The big bad local Sheriff is not coming to take Chase away to jail.
2) Chase learned though that we won't repeat what was in the first videos but instead if he really likes the cars, he'll approach an owner via the front door and then go from there in a normal car fan way.

And cause you're new here kid, we're gonna cut you some slack. We all did silly stuff when we were your age, just do good on your second chance with the DeLorean gang.

stevedmc
10-12-2011, 11:45 AM
1) The big bad local Sheriff is not coming to take Chase away to jail.

You suck too.

thirdmanj
10-12-2011, 02:48 PM
After all, not all kids of the 1890s turned out to be like Adolf Hitler....

I first heard about that on this site, so I'm always looking for it now

Jonathan
10-12-2011, 05:04 PM
There is a place and a time for everything. I think I just found a good spot for this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNJj-PA8lKU&feature=related

Dracula
10-16-2011, 10:33 PM
I first heard about that on this site, so I'm always looking for it now

I'm surprised you weren't familiar with the "Internet Hate Machine" and its power.

Picture included for reference.

Roman Legion
10-20-2011, 09:24 AM

haha ho hahaha!

#1 (Not the exact dogs, but we have three adult and three puppies [The puppies are actualy for sale when they are ready..].. A bloodthirsty family..lol) #2 is an actual threat (A threat in the making at least..)

http://images.pictureshunt.com/pics/b/boston_terriers-13124.jpghttp://www.policemag.com/_Images/articles/Beretta-px4-storm-sub-web-2.jpg

Sadly, I have seen a lot of people like this (both children and adults) who don't have that little voice inside thier heads that says "Hey, I'm just not supposed to do this".

Be it was lost during growing up, never learned, or plain and simple, some people just don't give a crap or have enough respect for other peoples property to leave it alone.

Last week I drove the DeLorean to work for the 3rd time. We have to park our vehicles out back away from the lot cars. When I left to go home that day, the drivers door was only half latched and there were finger prints all over the door including little tiny children fingerprints. :mad:

Mind you, The car clearly has a NY liciense plate and current registration and inspection stickers on the windshield. It's somebody's car people, don't touch it!

Needless to say, I'm no longer driving the car to work...

Yeah, when I first got my car (Mustang GT) in high school, I hated parking in the school lot as there would always be fresh finger prints.. Luckily for my paranoia, I have locking my doors down to muscle memory.

Well played sir, well played...

JoeyGowdy
10-20-2011, 01:14 PM

Don't let their comments bring you down - live your dreams! Heck, they're still pissed at me for my DeLorean 4x4 conversion even though I pieced it together using 3 salvaged (parted out) cars.

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=54B74D020CFC7D34

http://www.RowdysTimeMachine.com

http://www.RowdysDelorean.com

Kenny_Z
10-20-2011, 01:35 PM
When I was a kid I went on private property, jimmied the lock on an old white honda, and looked around inside the car. However, the house had been towed away months before (trailer) and the car was totaled. When I told my parents where I'd been they freaked. A few weeks later someone bought the property and had the car removed and crushed. I would never of done that with an "abandoned" intact car and especially wouldn't of done it with the house still there.

I think the knee jerk reaction here was "what if that had been my Delorean?!"

Chase, next time think before you leap. If you'd of asked to take pictures of the car you may have developed a relationship with the owner and would have been in good standing to purchase the car one day. Now you've set yourself up for trespassing charges if the owner finds that video and wants to push the issue. We all hate seeing neglected Deloreans and if you want to save one in the future then go for it. Just watch the recording and posting of criminal activities in the future ;)

nofear365
10-21-2011, 08:48 AM
Don't let their comments bring you down - live your dreams! Heck, they're still pissed at me for my DeLorean 4x4 conversion even though I pieced it together using 3 salvaged (parted out) cars.

Live your dreams? Of wondering onto other people's property?

Great advice there.

Mike C.
10-22-2011, 09:20 PM

You confused being pissed with not giving a rats ass... big difference.

Renee_1632
10-23-2011, 01:13 AM

Are you really serious right now? Are you really so stupid that you see no difference between modding out your own car and criminal tresspassing? My God.

Farrar
10-24-2011, 01:02 AM
You confused being pissed with not giving a rats ass... big difference.

And ... Scene!

tyb323
10-26-2011, 09:57 AM

Gotta agree with Mike on this one. It's not that we hate you or your car, it's just that tbh we don't care.

Farrar
10-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Who's Joey Gowdy?

:confused:

Farrar

sdg3205
10-27-2011, 01:51 AM
Who's Joey Gowdy?

:confused:

Farrar

Where am I?

Roman Legion
10-27-2011, 02:19 AM
Where am I?

Who are you people?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-KfeojoMW8

tyb323
11-08-2011, 11:03 AM
He says he'll go back and film the car AGAIN if he hits 10,000 views... He's at 9,300 ish

Farrar
11-08-2011, 08:19 PM
He says he'll go back and film the car AGAIN if he hits 10,000 views... He's at 9,300 ish

Is his last name Gowdy?

Dangermouse
11-08-2011, 08:19 PM

So are you saying we should all view it a few dozen more times to see him get arrested, or should we stay the hell away :)

Perhaps he and Joey have worked out a mutual appreciation society. Not that I care of course.

pezzonovante88
12-18-2011, 09:14 AM

Hahahaha!

T_Stanley
12-26-2011, 06:32 PM
He has quite a support on youtube. People telling him to save the car, take it, hotwire it, "steal that bitch." He keeps saying he will go back....I wish I was a cop so I could arrest his ass!

Karin
12-27-2011, 01:32 AM
I didn't check but how many likes and dislikes on the video? I'd be surprised if there's more green than red.

Talk about disrespect.

T_Stanley
12-27-2011, 09:08 AM
I didn't check but how many likes and dislikes on the video? I'd be surprised if there's more green than red.

Talk about disrespect.

81 likes and around 7 dislikes. Kids nowadays, no respect

dvonk
12-27-2011, 09:23 AM
*ahem*
8 dislikes. :wink:

Karin
12-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Well now I had to give that video one more view to look at the comments. I just looked at the most recent one and was thinking, "Maybe I oughta bury you under the snow and then shovel you out and see how you like it, beyotch".

Man, now I feel bad for the car, not just for the weight of the snow damaging it on the rear.

Too bad there is more green than red. Unfortunately, yeah, there are other kids wearing his shoes in the comments department. *scoffs*

*ahem*
8 dislikes.

:hysterical:

Chris Burns
07-08-2012, 02:58 PM
This was just posted a little but ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smX6gYXqHrE

This guy wont give up!

stevedmc
07-08-2012, 03:27 PM
this guy wont give up!

ban him!

dvonk
07-08-2012, 06:13 PM
ban him!

dont you mean, "put a carb on him"? :giggle:

Dracula
07-08-2012, 07:08 PM
Darn this generation and their false sense of entitlement. If someone wants to buy a car and let it sit, it's their prerogative and right; so long as its their name on the title. If that kid wants to change it, then he should contact them and offer them money.

tyb323
07-08-2012, 07:29 PM
So then couldn't someone also be allowed to buy a delorean and convert it to a bttf car? :)

Michael
07-08-2012, 08:12 PM
So then couldn't someone also be allowed to buy a delorean and convert it to a bttf car? :)

http://i1254.photobucket.com/albums/hh605/Bamon17/70skelsoBURN.gif

Dracula
07-08-2012, 08:39 PM

Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean that you should.

David_NYS
07-09-2012, 04:50 AM
Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean that you should.

So, "let us redefine progress to mean that just because we can do a thing, it does not necessarily follow that we must do that thing!"

thirdmanj
07-09-2012, 10:06 AM
So, "let us redefine progress to mean that just because we can do a thing, it does not necessarily follow that we must do that thing!"

Star Trek VI, Federation President, Camp Khitomer.

tyb323
07-09-2012, 12:00 PM
Dorks

stevedmc
07-09-2012, 12:36 PM
Dorks

What he said.

thirdmanj
07-09-2012, 01:48 PM
It was one of those movies I watched all the time as a little kid. Haven't seen it in years. :lol:

You know steve, you've got pot-kettle syndrome pretty bad.... tyb, I don't have anything witty for you, besides the fact that you own a DeLorean which automatically positions you at some level of nerd/dorkism.

Ron
07-09-2012, 02:03 PM
Please excuse me if I'm being terminally dense, but what did this Federation President et all do when they came to a fork in a road before this great enlightenment???

tyb323
07-09-2012, 02:14 PM
tyb, I don't have anything witty for you, besides the fact that you own a DeLorean which automatically positions you at the top level of nerd/dorkism.

Fix'd =)

DCUK Martin
07-09-2012, 02:47 PM
I've never see this thread before it was resurrected yesterday. It strikes me as funny that the overwhelming majority of DeLorean owners (even the trouble makers ;) ) can write in proper english. I've owned cars before about whose communities this cannot be said... I didn't own said cars for long.

Oh, wait.... does that make me a snob...? :hmm:

thirdmanj
07-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I've never see this thread before it was resurrected yesterday. It strikes me as funny that the overwhelming majority of DeLorean owners (even the trouble makers ;) ) can write in proper english. I've owned cars before about whose communities this cannot be said... I didn't own said cars for long.

Why thank you Martin!

Dracula
07-09-2012, 05:23 PM
What he said.

Second.

thirdmanj
07-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Second.

Nope, too easy.

Dracula
07-09-2012, 06:53 PM
Nope, too easy.

What do you mean? I'm agreeing with his statement that you people are nerds.

David_NYS
07-09-2012, 08:04 PM
Quoting Star Trek is just the tip of the iceberg. Lmao

thirdmanj
07-09-2012, 08:10 PM
What do you mean? I'm agreeing with his statement that you people are nerds.

If you don't get where I was going with that, there's no point explaining.

Ron
07-10-2012, 12:32 AM
If you don't get where I was going with that, there's no point explaining.So that's why you didn't answer me.

tyb323
07-10-2012, 12:11 PM
So what do you guys think he does to violate private property in P2?

Stainless
07-10-2012, 12:14 PM
So what do you guys think he does to violate private property in P2?

I bet that he physically gets in the car and tries to see if he can get it in neutral for when he will inevitably try and steal the car by pushing it off the property.

Dracula
07-10-2012, 12:18 PM
I'm hoping that in Pt. 2 the police show up and arrest him for trespassing and attempted Grand Theft Auto.

I'd watch that video.

T_Stanley
07-10-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm hoping that in Pt. 2 the police show up and arrest him for trespassing and attempted Grand Theft Auto.

I'd watch that video.

+1. I've been reading some comments from his first video. I'm amazed at how mant people are telling him to take the car. One actually said that he could start it, so I think on his next video he will attempt to.

Chaser
07-10-2012, 12:58 PM
Yo guys Part two is coming out soon!!!!! Make sure to check it out! THANKS!! :tongue_stick:

Dracula
07-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Yo guys Part two is coming out soon!!!!! Make sure to check it out! THANKS!! :tongue_stick:

Someone should track his IP address and report his plans to the local police department.

Michael
07-10-2012, 01:34 PM
Someone should track his IP address and report his plans to the local police department.

Yeah, the police department will just drop everything on the vague possibility that some kid MIGHT try to mess with an old abandoned car. I can see the dispatcher, drop everything and stake out that old crappy car, someone might try and look inside it!!!

Has anyone considered the possibility that this is a hoax? Hell if I knew a vid like this would get this much of a rise out of everyone I would have used my own car and made a similiar vid and just enjoyed everyone getting bent out of shape over it.

Even if it isn't a hoax, even if its real, why are you so interested in this? Even the car's owner of the car dosen't give a crap about it, so who cares if some kid opens a door and peeks inside?

I personally hope he steals it just to watch the people here self destruct.

DeLorean
07-10-2012, 03:09 PM
Yeah, the police department will just drop everything on the vague possibility that some kid MIGHT try to mess with an old abandoned car. I can see the dispatcher, drop everything and stake out that old crappy car, someone might try and look inside it!!!

Has anyone considered the possibility that this is a hoax? Hell if I knew a vid like this would get this much of a rise out of everyone I would have used my own car and made a similiar vid and just enjoyed everyone getting bent out of shape over it.

Even if it isn't a hoax, even if its real, why are you so interested in this? Even the car's owner of the car dosen't give a crap about it, so who cares if some kid opens a door and peeks inside?

:lol: I totally agree. Honestly, I hope the owner of the car does just give it to the kid. Seems like he's much more interested in the car than they are...

Dracula
07-10-2012, 04:03 PM

It's not the interest that he has in the car that's bothersome, it's the sense of entitlement. Thinking that because the owner of the car "doesn't appreciate it enough" then that means that they don't deserve to own the car.

I don't care about the fact that he's making videos about the car or that he's nosing around it. What I find distasteful is the intent to steal the car; he was asking for ways to remove the car from its rightful owner's possession. There are plenty of passionate aspiring owners who are working towards buying their own car; not going out to steal one. Since this car is unused, is it any different from someone saying that they deserve your car more because they'd drive the car everyday and put it in a better garage? That's the point the kid was making with these videos.

If the kid wants the car, there are plenty of legal routes to pursue; a letter in the mail, contacting the city for the property owner, asking around for information about who owns the property are all good ways to get in contact with the owner and see if they'd be willing to sell the car. I've gone through these routes when I've found cars that I wanted to purchase for business or personal interest.

The fact that he's advertising larceny and asking for support in that means is what's wrong with this tale. I'd love to hear a story about a kid who found a neglected car and worked with the owner to buy it to restore because its his dream, this is a kid saying that because something is unappreciated, it should be taken from its legal owner and given to another. It's a simple plea for theft.

How would you feel if he were asking for help and advice on how to steal your car?

Stainless
07-10-2012, 04:29 PM
^^What he said. I'm with you on this one Chad.

stevedmc
07-10-2012, 04:35 PM

Most nerds knows how to spell and use grammar.

stevedmc
07-10-2012, 04:37 PM

I personally hope he steals it and puts a carb on it.

DeLorean
07-10-2012, 04:42 PM
The fact that he's advertising larceny and asking for support in that means is what's wrong with this tale. I'd love to hear a story about a kid who found a neglected car and worked with the owner to buy it to restore because its his dream, this is a kid saying that because something is unappreciated, it should be taken from its legal owner and given to another.

I'll give you that. If he actually wants the car, he should contact the owner (there are several already mentioned means he could use to do this) and pay the owner his asking price (IMO, that's a $5000-10,000 car). Granted, I doubt the kid has enough money to buy a Chevy Cavalier, much less a DeLorean (even a basket case project car)... prove me wrong? I'd love to see it get into his hands, through legal means - if of course he has the resources to do this...

If not the little jerk should go get a Job and quit fucking posting internet videos!

tyb323
07-10-2012, 04:51 PM
Chaser, you do realize this cars frame is most likely trashed from sitting outside and that alone is gonna set you back several grand, then there's the engine work. This car most likely isn't worth saving unless you have several thousand bucks burning a hole in your pocket, I'm assuming you dont or you would have bought a car by now.

If you find a way to legally obtain this car, then fine, you'll probably be welcomed into the community with opem arms and we can help you get it road ready. But of you continue to assert your plans to steal the car and keep making videos on people's private property without permission and then coming on here and rubbing it in our faces, enjoy working on the car by yourself.

Dracula
07-10-2012, 04:57 PM
I'll give you that. If he actually wants the car, he should contact the owner (there are several already mentioned means he could use to do this) and pay the owner his asking price (IMO, that's a $5000-10,000 car). Granted, I doubt the kid has enough money to buy a Chevy Cavalier, much less a DeLorean (even a basket case project car)... prove me wrong? I'd love to see it get into his hands, through legal means - if of course he has the resources to do this...

If not the little jerk should go get a Job and quit fucking posting internet videos!

If this is indeed the case of the kid's financial situation, guess what would wind up happening to the DeLorean again, that is, until someone who deserves the car more comes and takes it away.

dvonk
07-10-2012, 06:28 PM
If this is indeed the case of the kid's financial situation, guess what would wind up happening to the DeLorean again, that is, until someone who deserves the car more comes and takes it away.

poetic justice. :lol:

Farrar
07-10-2012, 09:33 PM
Perhaps he is planning to make so much money from his YouTube videos that he will be able to walk onto the property -- perhaps, this time, legally, by which I mean not trespassing -- and make the owner an offer he or she cannot refuse.

Heh.

sdg3205
07-11-2012, 01:30 AM
If you find a way to legally obtain this car, then fine, you'll probably be welcomed into the community with opem arms and we can help you get it road ready. But of you continue to assert your plans to steal the car and keep making videos on people's private property without permission and then coming on here and rubbing it in our faces, enjoy working on the car by yourself.

Yup.

Stainless
07-20-2012, 06:44 PM
I've been patiently waiting on a juicy update from this gomer all week. I was hoping for some more enlightening entertainment before the weekend officially starts. No such luck :(