PDA

View Full Version : Woodward Dream Cruise 2016 - Saturday, August 20, 2016

Rich W
08-04-2016, 02:10 PM
Woodward Dream Cruise 2016 - Saturday, August 20, 2016 (the 22nd Anniversary of the Dream Cruise)

This year's Woodward Dream Cruise is only two weeks away. (weren't we just at DCS 2016 a few weeks ago?)

The World's Largest Car Show and Car Cruise needs your DeLoreans. There is no better destination to pilot
our DeLoreans, driving past crowds of people who have such a great admiration of John Z. DeLorean and who
enjoy seeing our DeLoreans, cruising up and down Woodward Ave. This is a multi-club DeLorean event, with
DeLoreans from all over the Midwest and Canada. With over 50,000 vehicles attending, driving or parking
next to Woodward Ave, and over a Million spectators, this Cruise is THE EVENT for all you "Gear Heads".

As with years past, we will have a few DMC POGs join us at the cruise on Saturday. This year we have no car
display (formally), but we do plan to be cruising Woodward, and making a few stops as a group along the way.

Check out the official Woodward Cruise website for more info: http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

There is "cruising" all week, but our official DeLorean cruising is usually limited to Friday and Saturday.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Note: Weather permitting, I plan to bring one of my Custom DeLoreans to Woodward, for it's first time there.

aotmfilms
08-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Woodward Dream Cruise 2016 - Saturday, August 20, 2016 (the 22nd Anniversary of the Dream Cruise)

This year's Woodward Dream Cruise is only two weeks away. (weren't we just at DCS 2016 a few weeks ago?)

The World's Largest Car Show and Car Cruise needs your DeLoreans. There is no better destination to pilot
our DeLoreans, driving past crowds of people who have such a great admiration of John Z. DeLorean and who
enjoy seeing our DeLoreans, cruising up and down Woodward Ave. This is a multi-club DeLorean event, with
DeLoreans from all over the Midwest and Canada. With over 50,000 vehicles attending, driving or parking
next to Woodward Ave, and over a Million spectators, this Cruise is THE EVENT for all you "Gear Heads".

As with years past, we will have a few DMC POGs join us at the cruise on Saturday. This year we have no car
display (formally), but we do plan to be cruising Woodward, and making a few stops as a group along the way.

Check out the official Woodward Cruise website for more info: http://www.woodwarddreamcruise.com

There is "cruising" all week, but our official DeLorean cruising is usually limited to Friday and Saturday.

See you in a couple of weeks.

Note: Weather permitting, I plan to bring one of my Custom DeLoreans to Woodward, for it's first time there.

So no Benz Dealership this year?

I will be on Woodward, just wondering where everybody will be. PM me on my signature and I will get it quicker.

--Doug

Rich W
08-08-2016, 05:00 PM
So no Benz Dealership this year?

I will be on Woodward, just wondering where everybody will be. PM me on my signature and I will get it quicker.

--Doug

Bloomfield Hills Township runs the Charity Car Show Display at the MB Dealership during each year's Woodward Dream Cruise.
Tony Swann and I have "taken turns" pre-registering a block of spaces the past 5 years, with others registering directly online.

Responsibilities change almost every year, so we had to remind them of our DMC Clubs' interest by May or June (each Spring).
This year, Tony and I were a little busy with DCS 2016, so we had hoped someone in MI would take care of this event.

In any case, you can try to contact the committee or submit your own registration form this week, to keep up the MB tradition.

http://www.bloomfieldtwp.org/Events/Events/2016/WoodwardDreamCruiseClassicCarShow.asp

aotmfilms
08-09-2016, 10:28 AM
Bloomfield Hills Township runs the Charity Car Show Display at the MB Dealership during each year's Woodward Dream Cruise.
Tony Swann and I have "taken turns" pre-registering a block of spaces the past 5 years, with others registering directly online.

Responsibilities change almost every year, so we had to remind them of our DMC Clubs' interest by May or June (each Spring).
This year, Tony and I were a little busy with DCS 2016, so we had hoped someone in MI would take care of this event.

In any case, you can try to contact the committee or submit your own registration form this week, to keep up the MB tradition.

http://www.bloomfieldtwp.org/Events/Events/2016/WoodwardDreamCruiseClassicCarShow.asp

Boy they have increased the registration. Used to be $20... I will call them later today. I will also post the link over on DCO side.

And on my FB. Plus Ohio's and DMC FB pages.

--Doug

Rich W
08-09-2016, 10:50 AM
Boy they have increased the registration. Used to be $20... I will call them later today. I will also post the link over on DCO side.

And on my FB. Plus Ohio's and DMC FB pages.

--Doug

There are "Off-Woodward" parking spaces that are less, but I have not seen many "On Woodward" parking spaces for under $50 per space for over a decade now,
at least not any "On Woodward" parking spaces that are even close to "Prime Locations" or in many of the better neighborhoods along Woodward's "Main Drag".

Woodward Prime Location parking spaces are often several hundreds of dollars and most of them can only be reserved in "groups" of spaces, in advance.
Most die-hard Woodward folks consider the Prime Locations between Mile 11 (or just North of the Zoo) at least through Mile 14 (or Maple in Birmingham).

Keep in mind the MB Dealership is in a very nice area and all the money they collect goes to the Fireman's Fund Charity, so it really is a Win-Win.
The only minor draw-back to this location is that they do not allow any Friday afternoon or evening parking, just Saturday from about 8am - 6pm.

aotmfilms
08-09-2016, 12:39 PM
There are "Off-Woodward" parking spaces that are less, but I have not seen many "On Woodward" parking spaces for under $50 per space for over a decade now,
at least not any "On Woodward" parking spaces that are even close to "Prime Locations" or in many of the better neighborhoods along Woodward's "Main Drag".

Woodward Prime Location parking spaces are often several hundreds of dollars and most of them can only be reserved in "groups" of spaces, in advance.
Most die-hard Woodward folks consider the Prime Locations between Mile 11 (or just North of the Zoo) at least through Mile 14 (or Maple in Birmingham).

Keep in mind the MB Dealership is in a very nice area and all the money they collect goes to the Fireman's Fund Charity, so it really is a Win-Win.
The only minor draw-back to this location is that they do not allow any Friday afternoon or evening parking, just Saturday from about 8am - 6pm.

Hmmmm. I usually am down in Ferndale south of I 696, just on the other side of the bridge, and we have many people there/events. Last year I parked on Woodward for Free. Right by the curb. I tried to make it north up by the MB dealership, traffic was too jacked.

--Doug

Rich W
08-09-2016, 01:05 PM
Hmmmm. I usually am down in Ferndale south of I 696, just on the other side of the bridge, and we have many people there/events. Last year I parked on Woodward for Free. Right by the curb. I tried to make it north up by the MB dealership, traffic was too jacked.

--Doug

Although I have been to Woodward over a dozen times and I have driven the entire "populated" route, from South to North,
I am not a "local", so I may need to defer to some of the local DeLorean owners that have also driven that route for years.

After trying a few different areas over the past decade, Byron and a few other local owners have preferred the MB location.
It's certainly much easier to park one car (for free or otherwise) than to try to park one or two dozen cars in the same area.

From all our Woodward driving over the past half decade from the MB location, the South bound traffic from Big Beaver to
about the Zoo is always terrible on Saturday, while the North bound traffic in the same zone is usually much, much better.

We usually take alternate routes (side streets) to drive South, then get onto Woodward to cruise North at a reasonable pace,
getting onto Woodward around 696 or at Mile 11. (your mileage may vary)

aotmfilms
08-09-2016, 01:30 PM
Although I have been to Woodward over a dozen times and I have driven the entire "populated" route, from South to North,
I am not a "local", so I may need to defer to some of the local DeLorean owners that have also driven that route for years.

After trying a few different areas over the past decade, Byron and a few other local owners have preferred the MB location.
It's certainly much easier to park one car (for free or otherwise) than to try to park one or two dozen cars in the same area.

From all our Woodward driving over the past half decade from the MB location, the South bound traffic from Big Beaver to
about the Zoo is always terrible on Saturday, while the North bound traffic in the same zone is usually much, much better.

We usually take alternate routes (side streets) to drive South, then get onto Woodward to cruise North at a reasonable pace,
getting onto Woodward around 696 or at Mile 11. (your mileage may vary)

Interesting. I always found going north from Ferndale is a PITA. Never have gone south though. Usually go North, to Maple (15 mile) or 14 mile then head east. Find a road such as Campbell (Hilton)then head south back to I 696.

Byron likes it because he lives in Bloomfield or around that area. I used to live in Ferndale, that is why I never was up in your neck of the woods. Now I live in Macomb. Garfield and Hall roads. Take M59 over. Last year I cruised down Gratiot, picked up my Dad in the D, then took 8 mile over to Woodward and came up.

TIMEZUP (Mike) Lives in Roseville, 1.21GW (Joe) in Warren and me in Macomb DOCBRWN and then Byron in Bloomfield. All who I know of. Trying to see if Mike's going to go to MB.

--Doug

(Gratiot Cruise), pulled up and parked, earlier I was across that street lol :)

Rich W
08-09-2016, 02:15 PM
<snip>Byron likes it because he lives in Bloomfield or around that area. I used to live in Ferndale, that is why I never was up in your neck of the woods. <snip>

My neck of the woods is Chicago. Byron is the president of DeLorean Motor City club.
Tony Swann and myself organize events for the DeLorean Midwest Connection club.

Tony and I have helped Byron organize a group display for Woodward the past few years,
since Byron has had his hands full with work and life in general, during Woodward events.

After having been squeezed into a few spaces near a liquor store and in the outfield of the
baseball field (in the rain) in Memorial Park (just off of Woodward at 13), I really doubt the
main reason for "liking" the MB location is because of where Byron lives, and has more to
do with that it is a very nice location, in a nice area, with parking for a whole group of cars.

aotmfilms
08-09-2016, 02:28 PM
My neck of the woods is Chicago. Byron is the president of DeLorean Motor City club.

Tony and I have helped Byron organize a group display for Woodward the past few years,
since Byron has had his hands full with work and life in general, during Woodward events.

After having been squeezed into a few spaces near a liquor store and in the outfield of the
baseball field (in the rain) in Memorial Park (just off of Woodward at 13), I really doubt the
main reason for "liking" the MB location is because of where Byron lives, and has more to
do with that it is a very nice location, in a nice area, with parking for a whole group of cars.

I was meaning MB dealership being your neck of the woods. I know who Byron is.45271

My car / his car. I am not part of the DMC, I am part of the DCO because of events. It seems like we do none here in Detroit which is funny because we have a lot of places here where the car was developed, not to mention where JZD lived and went to school at...

So I do my own events. See my page in my signature for that information.

My intention for coming over to your page is not to argue, but to coordinate. I have not seen anything from DMC or DCO on the Woodward Dream Cruise. That is why I stopped by here. :thumbup2:

--Doug

Rich W
08-09-2016, 02:57 PM
<snip> It seems like we do none here in Detroit which is funny because we have a lot of places here where the car was developed, not to mention where JZD lived and went to school at... <snip>

http://www.deloreanmotorcity.com/gallery-06-heritagetour.html

aotmfilms
08-09-2016, 03:06 PM
http://www.deloreanmotorcity.com/gallery-06-heritagetour.html

and that my friend is from 2010.....

but having lived 5 miles away from JZD I know about "The Tour" 45272

I am aware of that, like I said, I do my own events.

Matter of fact, back when DMC was a corporation.....he is a local legend here people did it without a DeLorean though. JZD is both loved and despised depending on who you talk to.

--Doug

CORRECTION: Copyright (c) 2007 DeLorean Motor City. All rights reserved.

Good info though :thumbup2:

ssdelorean
08-09-2016, 03:30 PM

My only issue with the MB location is - location. It is so far from everywhere. Granted you get a parking spot by the road with bleachers to sit in, but you cannot conveniently walk to any other local happenings (stores, shows, parties, displays, etc.). Over a mile walk to the nearest place that sells food. Found that out the hard way.

The baseball field at 13 mile was the best in my opinion. You were not cramped into a parking spot*, plenty of space, it was less than a minute walk to Woodward Ave. In between the ball field and Woodward was another grass area filled with other show cars. Once at Woodward there were plenty of food vendors for all tastes from "carnie" (Mmm Mmmm fried oreos!) to normal restaurants. Live music & other entertainment.

*Cramped Parking Spots
Rich mentioned the cramped Liquor Store location - funny - DMCH employees were the only people who utilized the "reserved parking" at that location (the parking lot to the right of the store). Everyone else crammed into the curb parking just out front which is FREE public parking that the store owners cannot reserve or sell. Looks like they made out on us that year for only two spots used.

If you get there early enough you can have the best parking spot right on the road. But it doesn't have "in and out" privileges that most desire for an occasional cruise with your spot saved for when you get back. You also have to deal with more people waking in and out right up against your car.

As far as traffic - 14 Mile Rd. is basically the middle of it all. If you are on Woodward driving North to 14 Mile Rd. or driving South to 14 Mile Rd. it will be much much slower than if you go to 14 Mile Road and drive either North or South from there.

It is the world's largest intentional traffic jam after all! :-)

Rich W
08-09-2016, 03:56 PM
My only issue with the MB location is - location. It is so far from everywhere. Granted you get a parking spot by the road with bleachers to sit in, but you cannot conveniently walk to any other local happenings (stores, shows, parties, displays, etc.). Over a mile walk to the nearest place that sells food. Found that out the hard way.

The baseball field at 13 mile was the best in my opinion. You were not cramped into a parking spot*, plenty of space, it was less than a minute walk to Woodward Ave. In between the ball field and Woodward was another grass area filled with other show cars. Once at Woodward there were plenty of food vendors for all tastes from "carnie" (Mmm Mmmm fried oreos!) to normal restaurants. Live music & other entertainment.

*Cramped Parking Spots
Rich mentioned the cramped Liquor Store location - funny - DMCH employees were the only people who utilized the "reserved parking" at that location (the parking lot to the right of the store). Everyone else crammed into the curb parking just out front which is FREE public parking that the store owners cannot reserve or sell. Looks like they made out on us that year for only two spots used.

If you get there early enough you can have the best parking spot right on the road. But it doesn't have "in and out" privileges that most desire for an occasional cruise with your spot saved for when you get back. You also have to deal with more people waking in and out right up against your car.

As far as traffic - 14 Mile Rd. is basically the middle of it all. If you are on Woodward driving North to 14 Mile Rd. or driving South to 14 Mile Rd. it will be much much slower than if you go to 14 Mile Road and drive either North or South from there.

It is the world's largest intentional traffic jam after all! :-)

Hey Shannon,

You are correct with our first year at the MB location, with the food situation. That was "fixed" the next year (and since then) with a food stand at the MB location,
which does not have "everything", but it does have hotdogs, brats, chili, snacks and drinks. They have also had a Cold Stone ice cream stand the past few years.

The Bloomfield Hills Township deal (MB dealership) also allows for additional non-display parking passes, which has come in handy for local and out of town guests.

The parking on the grass would have been fine if it did not rain as much as it did that day, but so many people were "looking for the DeLoreans" and not able to find
them right on Woodward. In and Out was limited (for cruising and then parking) and once things got really wet after the rain, it did make matters even worse.

I think we have both mentioned in the past that there needs to be a local "point person" that needs to do more leg work, to get things organized for Woodward, and
this needs to be someone who can plan and organize the event for the DeLorean owners (or groups of owners) who are driving in from more than a few miles away.

Thanks,
Rich W.

aotmfilms
08-09-2016, 04:20 PM
Hey Shannon,

You are correct with our first year at the MB location, with the food situation. That was "fixed" the next year (and since then) with a food stand at the MB location,
which does not have "everything", but it does have hotdogs, brats, chili, snacks and drinks. They have also had a Cold Stone ice cream stand the past few years.

The Bloomfield Hills Township deal (MB dealership) also allows for additional non-display parking passes, which has come in handy for local and out of town guests.

The parking on the grass would have been fine if it did not rain as much as it did that day, but so many people were "looking for the DeLoreans" and not able to find
them right on Woodward. In and Out was limited (for cruising and then parking) and once things got really wet after the rain, it did make matters even worse.

I think we have both mentioned in the past that there needs to be a local "point person" that needs to do more leg work, to get things organized for Woodward, and
this needs to be someone who can plan and organize the event for the DeLorean owners (or groups of owners) who are driving in from more than a few miles away.

Thanks,
Rich W.

Well Inquiry to MB sent [email protected] from work. I will follow up in the a.m. with a phone call. I am looking at 10 spots and see the range of what I can get. I will see if I can get out there tomorrow or Thursday. I usually hang in Ferndale. I have been by there but unless you've done a show....

$50 is pricey though. No wonder I didn't go in that area. Ferndale practically begs people to come down there...

Its short notice but if you don't ask them (Bloomfield/MB) you don't know.

More to follow.
--Doug

Rich W
08-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Well Inquiry to MB sent [email protected] from work. I will follow up in the a.m. with a phone call. I am looking at 10 spots and see the range of what I can get. I will see if I can get out there tomorrow or Thursday. I usually hang in Ferndale. I have been by there but unless you've done a show....

$50 is pricey though. No wonder I didn't go in that area. Ferndale practically begs people to come down there...

Its short notice but if you don't ask them (Bloomfield/MB) you don't know.

More to follow.
--Doug

A few things to note (some mentioned in earlier posts):

- past space requests placed in Spring (sell outs occur as early as late June)
- on-site spaces available on Saturday only if pre-paid spaces do not sell out
- in the past, you cannot reserve specific spaces (parking based on arrival)
- in the past, only 1/2 of pre-paid group spaces will park "on Woodward",
with the other 1/2 parking in the second row, still visible from Woodward
- individual "lead" organizers change every year or every two years, so it
is best to handle any group requests by phone rather than by email

aotmfilms
08-10-2016, 09:34 AM
Rich, Thank you for that information. I will update you all on this.

Have to call once I get out of this loooong meeting.

Given the short suspense, I will go as see about other places as back up.

Do you know your headcount? Is your club flexible on location? Where is your hotel rooms at/where do you stay?

aotmfilms
08-10-2016, 10:03 AM
Contacted my contact at the Ferndale Downtown Development Authority as well. See if they have a business there that would want to take 15 DeLoreans. I have used my D for Promos for them before. Problem is we would be south of I-696 though. Around 9 mile. Your thoughts?
http://www.downtownferndale.com

Rich W
08-10-2016, 11:30 AM
Rich, Thank you for that information. I will update you all on this.

Have to call once I get out of this loooong meeting.

Given the short suspense, I will go as see about other places as back up.

Do you know your headcount? Is your club flexible on location? Where is your hotel rooms at/where do you stay?

As I mentioned in my initial post for WDC 2016, Tony Swann and I have been "out of the loop" this year (due to DCS 2016),
so I have no information on any numbers of cars from any of the DMC clubs, where they may park and where they may stay.

In the past decade, we have stayed at a variety of hotels (and even stayed with King POG, Jeff Synor at his lake house twice),
but a few of the hotels we have used include the Met Troy (now closed), the Somerset Inn and the Detroit Marriott Troy.
We have used the last two most recently, since they are located on Big Beaver Rd and a very quick route to the MB location,
which is located just South of Big Beaver Rd on Woodward Ave. Somerset Inn also had a Car Wash station for Woodward cars.

There were several other places we have looked into recently, but we usually have a hard time trying to reserve a lot of spaces
for our whole group to park together and still have in/out capability for cruising (and not loosing our spaces while we cruise).

Rich W
08-10-2016, 12:00 PM
Contacted my contact at the Ferndale Downtown Development Authority as well. See if they have a business there that would want to take 15 DeLoreans. I have used my D for Promos for them before. Problem is we would be south of I-696 though. Around 9 mile. Your thoughts?
http://www.downtownferndale.com

Since it's almost a 300 mile drive from the Chicago area, I do not think there will be many (or any) last minute attendees
going from this area to WDC 2016, since our club will drive either Thursday or Friday, so they can be 'awake' on Saturday
to be able to sit in traffic (on purpose) on Woodward. A few of us have done the trip starting at 1am on Saturday morning
and arrive on Woodward just in time for breakfast, but that makes for a really long day (not recommended).

Some of the local owners have mentioned they would like to find a new parking area that has more shaded areas, either
for the cars or at least for the owners to sit in the shade, to watch the cruisers go by. Not sure about "shaded" availability,
but the MB location offers a decent shaded area for owners to sit, up until about mid-afternoon, then direct sun until sunset.
We have had sun and hot weather more often than not, on the third Saturday of August, for the past decade or so.

aotmfilms
08-10-2016, 02:19 PM
Since it's almost a 300 mile drive from the Chicago area, I do not think there will be many (or any) last minute attendees
going from this area to WDC 2016, since our club will drive either Thursday or Friday, so they can be 'awake' on Saturday
to be able to sit in traffic (on purpose) on Woodward. A few of us have done the trip starting at 1am on Saturday morning
and arrive on Woodward just in time for breakfast, but that makes for a really long day (not recommended).

Some of the local owners have mentioned they would like to find a new parking area that has more shaded areas, either
for the cars or at least for the owners to sit in the shade, to watch the cruisers go by. Not sure about "shaded" availability,
but the MB location offers a decent shaded area for owners to sit, up until about mid-afternoon, then direct sun until sunset.
We have had sun and hot weather more often than not, on the third Saturday of August, for the past decade or so.

I feel your pain :) I am the same way going to DMCMW. So I hear ya! :thumbup2:

Just got off of the phone with Bloomfield, they are packed, only two open spaces at this time. the term "like a hoe on dollar day giving out .50 cent coupons comes to mind".

I did let the gentleman know that we would be interested for 2017 and send me anything I need to fill out. Gave him my email address.

I will recon some other areas of Woodward that meet what you have above. I do have M-brew that may be interested. I will grab the D and go there tomorrow and meet them. I will post pictures as well on Friday for your viewing. I have to ask if that street is blocked off during the Cruise. It is shaded.

They are an upscale pub about 50 feet off of Woodward on Vester Street in Ferndale.

http://mbrewonline.com/

The areas reconned will be on my page located in my signature in classic FB panoramic view so you can see how it is in a 180 view. I will also mirror this on Ohio's FB page, our page on here and Detroit Motor City's FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph You do not have to "Like" my page to view the pictures.

Generally Ferndale sites are no or low cost (about $20) you are about the same distance as MB. I will also see how that ballfield has changed off of 13 mile and Woodward and shoot pictures for you guys/gals as well.

--Doug

aotmfilms
08-11-2016, 11:39 AM
UPDATE: Well we have some help. DeLorean Motor City DeLorean Club of Ohio DeLorean Midwest Connection Julie Strong. Even though. Trying to get visibility.

Downtown Ferndale see the D Rex and DeLorean limo in the comments. Our potential 15 DeLorean's during the The Official Page of the Woodward Dream Cruise generates about 20,000 visitors with about $100,000 or more in increased income for ONE DAY of show with our DeLoreans. Avg per person $5 bucks spent at a host business products. Text me at XXXX to arrange a meeting. Thank you!

I have never had to pay for a space on Woodward. Our cars are unique. A business would kill to get 100 to 200k in extra business ($5 to $10 dollars per person) if they are not in Prime Woodward territory (Ferndale).

Its like you don't ask your girlfriend if you want to do something, you tell her, if you tell her right you don't look like an A$$. You look confident.

aotmfilms
08-12-2016, 11:49 AM
All,

For some reason I can't do the individual links from my work computer....

So go to my FB page in my signature and the prime location is pinned to the top of my page. You do not have to "like" my page to view nor have a FB account. You may have to do a captcha to prove that you are not a bot though.

I have to meet with the Ferndale Downtown Authority later today and see if we can do this. M Brew has a "Vester Camping" Craze going on with Vintage trailers.

Other spots I have selected are down my page. I will keep you updated on developments.

V/r,
Doug

Rich W
08-15-2016, 11:45 AM
<snip> TIMEZUP (Mike) Lives in Roseville, 1.21GW (Joe) in Warren and me in Macomb DOCBRWN and then Byron in Bloomfield. All who I know of. Trying to see if Mike's going to go to MB.

--Doug

Joe emailed me yesterday, asking about the MB location and space availability for DeLoreans and non-DeLoreans.
I guess I'm not the only DeLorean owner who goes to Woodward that does not "do" FaceBook. (lol)

Joe usually has a friend display a Porsche next to our DeLoreans (in the second row) if we have an extra space.

I told Joe to try to contact Doug (Doug, not sure Joe has your email or phone, but you mentioned you know him).
Sounds like Joe got his DeLorean up and running again, after its been down for a while, for upgrades and repairs.

Not sure if or when I may make the trip to Woodward, since I am still waiting on a few trailer wheels and tires to
be returned (borrowed for a return trip after DCS 2016), so I may need to swap my vehicles to different trailers.

I have two transport vehicles down (one needs a new fuel pump ... need to drop the tank to do that one) and the
other had the throw-out bearing go out on the way back from DCS 2016 (probably do a whole clutch job on it), so
my transport options will be limited. Rain is also in the forecast on Thursday, Friday and Saturday here and I hate
having to load open trailers in the rain and then doing transports in the rain. We will see how things go this week.

aotmfilms
08-16-2016, 10:25 AM
Joe emailed me yesterday, asking about the MB location and space availability for DeLoreans and non-DeLoreans.
I guess I'm not the only DeLorean owner who goes to Woodward that does not "do" FaceBook. (lol)

Joe usually has a friend display a Porsche next to our DeLoreans (in the second row) if we have an extra space.

I told Joe to try to contact Doug (Doug, not sure Joe has your email or phone, but you mentioned you know him).
Sounds like Joe got his DeLorean up and running again, after its been down for a while, for upgrades and repairs.

Not sure if or when I may make the trip to Woodward, since I am still waiting on a few trailer wheels and tires to
be returned (borrowed for a return trip after DCS 2016), so I may need to swap my vehicles to different trailers.

I have two transport vehicles down (one needs a new fuel pump ... need to drop the tank to do that one) and the
other had the throw-out bearing go out on the way back from DCS 2016 (probably do a whole clutch job on it), so
my transport options will be limited. Rain is also in the forecast on Thursday, Friday and Saturday here and I hate
having to load open trailers in the rain and then doing transports in the rain. We will see how things go this week.

Rich I understand completely. I used to be logistics for the Army (Supply Sergeant). Yes, loading stuff or vehicles in the rain or snow, or even the heat for deployment was a PITA.

What I have.....its not much but better than nothing. I will text Joe with this info as well. The week is slipping away from me I guess. It's already Tuesday.

Como's is on for Saturday. They open at 7am. 9 am is breakfast buffet $8.99 parking over at Ferndale Public Library. Will be there untill 11am. Let me know if you are coming fellow owners and guests. If you are, PM me and I will give you my number. For out of area DeLoreans let me know your convoy time to Detroit, and where/if you need help in finding a place. See you Friday night or at the very least Saturday morning at Como's in Ferndale.
For my VIP guests (2). I will be paying for your parking and food plus giving you a ride in ‪#‎docbrwn‬ up Woodward on Saturday August 20th. Let me know if you want me to pick you up. Your guest will have to follow behind.

Pinned at the top of the FB page. You do not need an account to view. Let me know when you are/if loading on Thursday and I will PM you my phone number.

I look forward to meeting you and your Club.

https://www.facebook.com/ProjectDelorean88mph