PDA

View Full Version : Scored a pair of press release Delorean Dunks!

Michael
08-27-2011, 08:13 PM
I just got my never worn press release Dunks in the mail today. I just bought a pair of 10.5's from Mike, and then this came my way...in my 10.5 size none the less! The box and insert is very cool indeed. One shoe was shrink wrapped, the other was new, but no wrap. These shoes may suck to wear, but I'm glad I got a press release version for my office display.

What was the number of press release boxes made? I think it was like 50, right?

sean
08-28-2011, 12:00 AM
Did you not get the insert with your regular pair? How much did this set run you?

Also awaiting Chad's and Roman legion's "I just don't get it" post.

Michael
08-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Did you not get the insert with your regular pair? How much did this set run you?

I have bought 1 pair from Nike's site, and one from a Nike retailer, neither had the insert I got with the press edition. I paid $265 for them, and the shoes, insert, and box are pristine.

sean
08-28-2011, 09:08 AM
I have bought 1 pair from Nike's site, and one from a Nike retailer, neither had the insert I got with the press edition. .

I got the insert with the pair I got from PacSun but not with the pair from Nike. I just figured all retail came with it. Think you got a good deal but know others will disagree.

yellowmxwheels23
08-28-2011, 12:22 PM
I have bought 1 pair from Nike's site, and one from a Nike retailer, neither had the insert I got with the press edition. I paid $265 for them, and the shoes, insert, and box are pristine.

$265 is a steal. I see these shoes topping out at about $600 down the line. They are rare with that box and shoe collectors look for that kind of thing. The regular D Dunks will probably top out at $450. Most OG Jordans max out at about $1000 with some going for $4-7k(really rare)

Tamir A.
08-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Very nice acquisition. I also picked up a press kit box after convincing the PAC sun manager in LA that I was a "worthy" person to give it to. From a display perspective it certainly makes the shoes stand out more. I think Nike was ridiculous to not include this with every shoe, but exclusivity is the name of the game in the shoe biz apparently.

I also picked up a bunch of the inserts, so perhaps we will be offering some of those as monthly prize giveaways in the near future. :worship:

T.

Dangermouse
08-29-2011, 11:31 PM
Can someone fillme in on what the "insert" was?

I recall the cool box, but not the insert.

Tamir A.
08-30-2011, 12:03 AM
The insert is the brochure/card as seen in the pictures in this thread. Talks about the inspiration of the shoe based on the car.

Can someone fillme in on what the "insert" was?

I recall the cool box, but not the insert.

sean
08-30-2011, 08:38 AM
Dermot, Its the card in this picture. If you like I can get a good front and back of it for you. Oh wait..Michael has a good picture of it already :D

Dangermouse
08-30-2011, 09:22 AM
Dermot, Its the card in this picture. If you like I can get a good front and back of it for you. Oh wait..Michael has a good picture of it already :D

ahhh, I thought maybe it was some sort of insert for the shoes themselves. Orthopedic aid perhaps :)

sean
08-30-2011, 10:00 AM
ahhh, I thought maybe it was some sort of insert for the shoes themselves. Orthopedic aid perhaps :)

From what Mike says, they need some sort of comfort insert so it would make sense but then again we are talking about Delorean themed Nikes :hmm:

Dangermouse
08-30-2011, 11:47 AM
From what Mike says, they need some sort of comfort insert so it would make sense but then again we are talking about Delorean themed Nikes :hmm:

maybe if you stuff the paper insert into the shoes, they will feel better :)

Michael
08-30-2011, 12:29 PM
If you plan on wearing these shoes, these are the inserts you need:
http://edu.glogster.com/media/4/34/28/95/34289556.jpg

Dracula
08-30-2011, 11:56 PM

Well, then, here you go.

Granted, I can hardly complain. I recently did something I' not proud of: I bought a foreign car solely for fuel efficiency.

sean
08-31-2011, 07:42 AM
I bought a foreign car solely for fuel efficiency.
Whatcha get? I dont see it listed ion your sig.

Dangermouse
08-31-2011, 08:22 AM

The British Chevy Cruze from the BB thread :)

sean
08-31-2011, 08:34 AM

:hysterical: Of course!

Dracula
08-31-2011, 09:37 AM

I did say that it was a FOREIGN car... No, I bought a 1981 Mercedes Benz 300D Turbo Diesel.

I love my Cadillacs, but I can't afford to keep filling them up. The classic car market is really suffering and we're about to go into our worst selling time: fall/winter.

I've actually run out of signature space to list my cars; hence why my 1977 New Yorker isn't listed, either.

TheDutchTexan
08-31-2011, 12:07 PM
Bulletproof those diesel mercs are. And they drink straight up fryer oil too (after you filter out the chunks of breading/fries).

That car should have been on my list too. Old black on black dirty diesel merc sedan.

Dracula
08-31-2011, 12:49 PM
I forgot, it's actually a 300SD. I also find it terribly ironic that the car sold for $35,000.00 new and now is worth close to the price of a DeLorean fender, when the DeLorean sold for $25,000.00 new.

Tamir A.
11-08-2011, 06:04 PM
While at the DMC Houston open house, I noticed they had several of the pre-production Nike DeLorean 6.0 dunks. I took a few photos of the several models. Coloring was way off for some and on the first one they even had the M upside down as a W. Glad to see everything worked out at the end (even if some people don't like the way they feel). :wink:

Michael
11-08-2011, 06:14 PM
I didn't know there were so many prototypes of the shoe. I like the final production model best. The others really don't even come close to the car.

Correction, I like this prototype the best :cool:
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5713&d=1317690391
http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5714&d=1317690404

Tamir A.
11-08-2011, 06:18 PM
Those are bad ass! :thumbup: Very nice job with that conversion. Any chance I could have you rig one of my pairs of shoes to have that feature?

T.

I didn't know there were so many prototypes of the shoe. I like the final production model best. The others really don't even come close to the car.

Michael
11-08-2011, 06:27 PM
Thanks!

Let me tell you, it was a pain in the butt. Especially the lenses as they were custom cut from bike reflectors and getting them all the same size was tough. I don't know if I want any more of that or not, but maybe this winter if work settles down I will PM you.

sean
11-08-2011, 08:54 PM
Glad to see everything worked out at the end (even if some people don't like the way they feel). :wink:

Roger that, the final product, IMO, is better than these other iterations.

SIMid
11-08-2011, 09:12 PM
While at the DMC Houston open house, I noticed they had several of the pre-production Nike DeLorean 6.0 dunks. I took a few photos of the several models. Coloring was way off for some and on the first one they even had the M upside down as a W. Glad to see everything worked out at the end (even if some people don't like the way they feel). :wink:

Surely these are kept locked up in a glass cabinet? If not, they should be! :thumbup:

Ryan
11-09-2011, 03:26 PM

http://dmctalk.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=5714&d=1317690404

Excellent job Michael! If only you could make them comfortable too...