PDA

View Full Version : Wanted NOS tires Goodyear Eagle GT fronts

zimvsdib
08-18-2016, 04:03 AM
My front tires finally started splitting and treads seperating.
I called the gentlemen at http://www.kelseytire.com today just to see if there was any movment on production of these OG tires coming back.
Talked to an older gent with a radio voice, and he was pretty knowlageble about the tire and the car. Unfortunately still no good news on that front (not visibly economically viable to goodyear) but he told me he recently talked to a DMC club president in texas or florida that told him he about 30 pairs of nos hoarded away. Interesting but thats all the detail i got.

Anyway, if anyone has a set of fronts(backs are okay for the moment) it would help me out. please reply and lmk what your price would be.
Not exactly excited about putting 30 year old tires on my car but i kinda need them for one of my cars, if i don't find any i'll probably opt for the cooper cobas, shave off lettering and replace with some custom rubber letters that a few companies are doing now…

I also feel bad throwing these away even in poor condition.

DMCMW Dave
08-18-2016, 07:09 PM
My front tires finally started splitting and treads seperating.

Are you looking for the NOS Eagle NCTs that came on the car, or the white letter (BTTF) tires?

zimvsdib
08-20-2016, 04:07 AM
ST Rears

GT Fronts

Hey Dave,

Im looking for white letter eagle gt not NCT. These are for the BTTF car. I put some falken tires on my other car, new and cheap works great for that vehicle as i drive it all the time.

Keep in mind i never really paid any attention to my shoes and didn't know the differences of these original issue tires. So i was a bit inccorect about what i have.

Fronts are Goodyear Eagle GT tires, the inside walls have the white "outlined" lettering visible (sorry i couldn't grab a photo).
Rears have Goodyear Eagle ST tires, The inside walls are painted white but the lettering is solid not outlined. Isn't this an original corvette tire or something?

Front treads are pretty bad especially on the pas side tire.
Rears, are incredibley nice. The rubber still looks pretty darn good and they even still has the little rubber hairs on the sidewalls. Lots of tread and as you can see in the photos just a little cracking inside the inner tread.

So i guess i need front tires tires that are Eagle "GT" white outlined as well as rears(even though the rears are phyically fine). I was fine with them until i started thinking about getting replacements... Opened a can of worms looking into this. Even tires are a thing with this car.

Any help would be much appreciated.