PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Pair of manual transmission mounts

DCUK Martin
08-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Due to an infuriating situation, the pair of MT mounts belonging to my project car have gone missing, probably having been thrown away.

Does anyone have a pair they would be prepared to part with? pn's 106341 & 106342

Thanks

Chris 16409
09-02-2011, 12:01 AM
Martin, I believe Josh sells them in stainless. And you should be able to get the rubber from either him or Grady.

A Van
09-02-2011, 01:54 AM
Martin, Chris N copied a set of mine I think he can make them from scratch now, might be worth a try

Lou and "Boo"
10-01-2011, 06:24 AM
Can Josh or Chris n please pm me I have a left hand manual tranny mount the is cracked apart...loooking for replacement. Thanks Louis ...newbie

DCUK Martin
10-01-2011, 08:13 AM
Cracked ones can be welded back together very successfully unless they're rusted badly.

Still waiting on the pair Josh B sold me a month ago... Never mind, spent the morning fibreglassing the floor! (If I ever meet the person who thought it'd be a clever idea to pick the car up with a forklift...... :what_the:)

timothymoore
10-01-2011, 01:14 PM
i got that same problem martin. i got one side fixed. gonna have to take the other side to a body shop to finish up

DCUK Martin
10-02-2011, 05:54 AM
I did think of you while we were working on mine! Kinda like being in trouble at school - it was much easier knowing there was someone else in the same boat!

It was actually easier than expected. A friend who lives locally is a bit of a surfy-dude and has experience repairing surfboards. He did a superb job in about an hour. Most of the work involved grinding out the cracks so everything popped back level, keying in a decent area around the crack and building up the glass. I used duck tape underneath to catch any resin and form the shape I needed. This is without any post-sanding (I've already got in the car and jumped up and down on the repair!):