PDA

View Full Version : University of Utah - DeLorean Needed!

snowbirdrules
08-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Hello all,
The Homecoming theme for the University of Utah this year is Pac to the Future. We would really like to have a DeLorean at the Crimson Rally (9/29) to help pump everybody up for the year. Please let me know if any of you are interested in this event.
Thanks,
Michael Chen
Senior Class Vice President
[email protected]

Canon20DFan
08-29-2011, 11:47 AM
I checked with Mike Chen from the University of Utah, his message back to me is listed below. SLC is 9 hours away from me so I can't make it at this time. Utah owners will need to respond...

Hi,
Thanks so much for the response. The event will be in Salt Lake City, Utah. The Crimson Rally will be on Thursday, 9/29 at about 8pm. Then, the actual Homecoming Dance will be on Friday, 9/30, from 9pm-midnight. Does that give you more of an idea if you could make it? Please let me know.
Thanks,
Michael

Utah DeLorean
08-29-2011, 03:19 PM
I believe that I could do this... I will send him an Email

Utah DeLorean
09-07-2011, 02:51 AM
So this is a two day event... Basically the rally one day and the dance the next. What is the going rate to do something like this? This being a first time how would I make sure that myself is covered? Any advice/help would be welcomed

stevedmc
09-07-2011, 01:45 PM
The IRS deduction is $0.555 per mile. So I would charge round trip mileage plus an hourly rate for the time they want your car.

I certanly wouldn't drive 9 hours for free (unless it was for someone on the DML or DMCTalk) and they probably won't want to pay you what your time/mileage is worth.

Canon20DFan
09-07-2011, 02:48 PM
I'm not sure they're paying anything, you do it to show your car. If you go, certainly take photos!

Utah DeLorean
09-07-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm not sure they're paying anything, you do it to show your car. If you go, certainly take photos!

This is one of the reasons I am asking... I am in the middle of replacing the Distributor cap... I inquired, but I didn't make a commitment.

Stainless
09-07-2011, 05:13 PM
I'm super close, but I bleed blue, not red. Is it selfish of me to not want to take my car because it's not the school I cheer for?

Canon20DFan
09-07-2011, 05:40 PM
Delorean owner first, school alumni second...long live JZD!

I'm super close, but I bleed blue, not red. Is it selfish of me to not want to take my car because it's not the school I cheer for?