PDA

View Full Version : NEW EVENT: DCF Tech Day on Saturday, October 1, 2016 in Oviedo, FL!!!

Morpheus
09-13-2016, 08:51 AM
Greetings DCF Members,

Now that Summer is on the way out and the Fall car shows are coming up fast, it's time to have another DCF Tech Day! We had a great turnout at the last one this past Spring, and adjusted a lot of torsion bars that day. This time, we're changing it up a bit.

Have you ever wondered what your car looked like underneath? Have you ever wanted to check or re-torque your TABs but weren't sure how to go about it? Do you have some small-ish jobs to do on your car that would be made 1000% simpler if you only had a lift? Well, my friends... for the first time in a good long while we're going to hold our Tech Day at an actual shop.

With a lift.

And a compressor.

Our friend Bruce Coulombe of Coulombe Enterprises LLC has graciously offered to host this DCF Tech Day at his shop in Oviedo, FL. For those of you not familiar with Central FL, it is located just East of the Orlando Metro area:

https://goo.gl/maps/jKzSSbe1oGA2

Where:
1293 County Road 426
Suite 121
Oviedo, FL 32765

When:
10AM to 5PM

We are still working out food for the event, and we will post here once we figure that part out. I will bring my Torsion Bar rig (with new and improved hex bit) in case there are any door adjustments needed. We hope to see you guys there!

If you are able to attend, please reply in this thread to RSVP and be sure to include whatever work you would like to do on your car.

Attendance List so far:

Brandon S. (Morpheus) - oil change, alt tensioner
Robert G. (DeLorean937) - Seat rails, Passenger mirror
Maurice (Dutch) - CO adjustment, brake rattle
Dana (DMC-81) - Torsion bars, door struts, TABs
Dan S. (Dannytr1) - Brake rotos & pads
Evan (Sladelorean) - Torsion bars
Nick R. (Nicholas R) - odds & ends
Jason P. (DeLorean Ghost)

DeLorean937
09-13-2016, 09:13 AM
Sounds exciting I'm in! Going to either replace my seat rails or work on the passenger side mirror.

Greetings DCF Members,

Now that Summer is on the way out and the Fall car shows are coming up fast, it's time to have another DCF Tech Day! We had a great turnout at the last one this past Spring, and adjusted a lot of torsion bars that day. This time, we're changing it up a bit.

Have you ever wondered what your car looked like underneath? Have you ever wanted to check or re-torque your TABs but weren't sure how to go about it? Do you have some small-ish jobs to do on your car that would be made 1000% simpler if you only had a lift? Well, my friends... for the first time in a good long while we're going to hold our Tech Day at an actual shop.

With a lift.

And a compressor.

Our friend Bruce Coulombe of Coulombe Enterprises LLC has graciously offered to host this DCF Tech Day at his shop in Oviedo, FL. For those of you not familiar with Central FL, it is located just East of the Orlando Metro area:

Where:
1293 County Road 426
Suite 121
Oviedo, FL 32765

When:
10AM to 5PM

We are still working out food for the event, and we will post here once we figure that part out. I will bring my Torsion Bar rig (with new and improved hex bit) in case there are any door adjustments needed. We hope to see you guys there!

If you are able to attend, please reply in this thread to RSVP and be sure to include whatever work you would like to do on your car.

Dutch
09-13-2016, 09:15 AM
Hi Brandon,

Thanks so much for organizing our last tech day, it was indeed a very good turnout.

Please sign me up for the upcoming one, if you can use any assistance please let me know.

I'd like to look at the air/fuel mixture ratio and a brake rattle.

Look forward to seeing everyone again.

Regards,

Maurice
aka Dutch

DMC-81
09-13-2016, 07:50 PM
Hi Brandon,

I plan to attend as well. I need to check and adjust my torsion bars, and then install new PJ Grady door struts. I think my driver's side is 1 spline off.

If time allows, I'd like to take advantage of the lift and check my TABs. I have a new pair if anything is wrong with my originals.

Let's hope for a sunny day! :)

Thanks for organizing the event!

Morpheus
09-15-2016, 09:52 AM
Let's hope for a sunny day! :)

It won't matter what the weather is, because Bruce's shop is AIR CONDITIONED!

Dannytr1
09-17-2016, 10:20 AM
Good Morning,

I just recently joined the group and bought my first Delorean last month. I plan on attending the event also and would like to replace my rotors and pads unless I am able to get them done before then. Also if anybody can possibly give me some advice on fixing my AC. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Dan Shapiro

DMC-81
09-17-2016, 11:09 AM
Good Morning,

I just recently joined the group and bought my first Delorean last month. I plan on attending the event also and would like to replace my rotors and pads unless I am able to get them done before then. Also if anybody can possibly give me some advice on fixing my AC. Looking forward to meeting everybody.

Dan Shapiro

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum and ownership! I look forward to meeting you. There is a wealth of very smart people on the forum to help you with your AC. I'm in the same boat, and I'm gathering parts for a detailed overhaul in the late fall.
I would suggest searching for existing answers to your symptoms. Use Google this way... Search " topic X site: DMCTalk.org ". If you don't find an answer, just post your symptoms in a new thread.

Cheers,

Sladelorean
09-17-2016, 09:15 PM
I'll bring my DeLorean and wear the new DMC FL shirt. I just had the new A/C put in my vehicle, so it'll be a nice drive there and back.

It's been a year since I driven the DeLorean on the highway.

Driver side torsion bar needs adjustments as well.

Can't wait to say hi and look at your DeLoreans. :)

Dannytr1
09-17-2016, 10:18 PM
Hi Dan,

Welcome to the forum and ownership! I look forward to meeting you. There is a wealth of very smart people on the forum to help you with your AC. I'm in the same boat, and I'm gathering parts for a detailed overhaul in the late fall.
I would suggest searching for existing answers to your symptoms. Use Google this way... Search " topic X site: DMCTalk.org ". If you don't find an answer, just post your symptoms in a new thread.

Cheers,

Thanks I definitely will start looking. I look forward to meeting everybody.

Morpheus
09-18-2016, 12:40 PM
I'll bring my DeLorean and wear the new DMC FL shirt.

I'm sure you meant DCF shirt...LOL.

I would wear something else if you plan on doing any car work!

Morpheus
09-18-2016, 12:43 PM
Good Morning,

Dan Shapiro

Welcome to the club, Dan!

I look forward to meeting you. Dana and I can give you some A/C pointers as we are both preparing to redo ours. Be sure to send an email to [email protected] with your contact and car info so I can add you to our mailing list.

Nicholas R
09-21-2016, 09:48 AM
Welcome to the club, Dan!

I look forward to meeting you. Dana and I can give you some A/C pointers as we are both preparing to redo ours. Be sure to send an email to [email protected] with your contact and car info so I can add you to our mailing list.

Does anyone in the group here need R-12 and have the ability to recover it? I've got probably around 2 lbs still in my car, but I've been wanting to convert to R-134a for a while so I can do my own service. I know that R-12 is not cheap and I'd happily give it away to whoever is able to capture and use it.

I'm planning on being at this event too. I'll probably bring a couple small projects but nothing is dire; if others need help, I'll do my best to lend a hand.

Delorean Ghost
09-21-2016, 09:35 PM
Greetings DCF Members,

With a lift.

And a compressor.

Where:
1293 County Road 426
Suite 121
Oviedo, FL 32765

When:
10AM to 5PM

Attendance List so far:

Brandon S. (Morpheus) - weld Pivot Bolt nut, A/C work if possible
Robert G. (DeLorean937) - Seat rails, Passenger mirror
Maurice (Dutch) - CO adjustment, brake rattle
Dana (DMC-81) - Torsion bars, door struts, TABs
Dan S. (Dannytr1) - Brake rotos & pads
Evan (Sladelorean) - Torsion bars
Nick R. (Nicholas R) - odds & ends

HI Brandon,

Please sign me up. This will be my first event. I can't wait to meet you guys! I don't have a DeLorean so I'll be watching learning. Thanks

Morpheus
09-22-2016, 08:47 AM
HI Brandon,

Please sign me up. This will be my first event. I can't wait to meet you guys! I don't have a DeLorean so I'll be watching learning. Thanks

Sure thing. What's your name?

Morpheus
09-29-2016, 08:49 AM
For lunch, we will be having subs and chips, water and gatorade will be available as well. If you would like to bring your own beverages, you are welcome to do so.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Saturday at 10!

Delorean Ghost
09-30-2016, 04:44 PM
Sure thing. What's your name?

Sorry it Jason Perez.

Sladelorean
09-30-2016, 06:52 PM
I'm sorry to write this, but my vehicle is not ready for tech day. Having new weather stripping put in and final touches on the A/C. However, I will show up for the event anyways without my DeLorean.

Morpheus
09-30-2016, 08:11 PM
I'm sorry to write this, but my vehicle is not ready for tech day. Having new weather stripping put in and final touches on the A/C. However, I will show up for the event anyways without my DeLorean.

That's fine, we'll see you there without your car!

DMC-81
09-30-2016, 09:24 PM
That's fine, we'll see you there without your car!

Totally! This will be my 3rd Tech Day, but my first one where I'll actually be able to bring my car. I still have things to do as well, some door seals and seat covers, etc., but it's almost show ready.

Coming without your car is still really valuable. I learned lots during the first two and met some great people. :wrenchin:

Car is dusted off and ready for the morning......

Spectre
09-30-2016, 11:50 PM
Wish I could go, but committed to a Corvette show on 1 October in Kissimmee OldTown (October Vettefest). Will plan on seeing everyone at the Lakeland show on the 15th!

Brian Fox

Coulombe
10-01-2016, 07:15 AM
I apologize for my delay in responding to this thread. We at Coulombe Enterprises have been crazy busy with building Delorean Time Machines, Lost In Space Robots and many other movie themed projects. This has been by far, our best year and we(I) just haven't had time to catch my breath. With that said........

I am excited that Coulombe Enterprises will be hosting the Delorean Club of Florida's Tech Day at our facility. It is an honor that Brandon has chosen us to help with anyone that is in need of assistant's to work on their Delorean and Delorean Time Machine. We will be making available to all that attend our hydraulic lift, compressor, tools, expertise and air conditioning. Yes, our shop bay is air conditioned. Now I know we can get everyone in the air conditioned bay at once but, we have a 20"x 10' canopy setup out side as well to shade those that have minor repairs on the Delorean.

We will be providing food, drinks and snacks to all that attend hosted by my beautiful wife Mary. We will also be having a $10 raffle to give away a $50 gift certificate to the DMC Store in Texas, a sold out limited addition box set #12 of back To The Future themed socks valued at $50 and a $25 gift card to Star Bucks'. All monies collected for the raffle will be donated to the St. Jude's Children's Hospital.

Even if you don't have a Delorean ready to bring, stop on by anyway and say hello, meet everyone and ask questions. You just might walk away with a new set of friends and a little more info to help you with your Delorean repairs or to build your own time machine.

Micah of the "World of Micah" will be on hand to record and document our Tech Day to be showcase on his YouTube channel.

I and my wife Mary are looking forward to hosting and meeting everyone. If you need to call our shop the number is..... 561-752-7535 and below is our address. So what are you waiting for, start heading out to DCF Tech Day Open from 10 am and closed in the future.

Set you Time Departure Circuits to ...... Coulombe Enterprises 1293 N. County Road 426 Oviedo Florida 32765 See you all in the future!!

DMC-81
10-01-2016, 07:54 PM
I would like to thank Bruce and Mary for hosting the Tech Day. You have a wonderful facility and warm hospitality. :thumbup:

I had a great day as usual and was able to get my torsion bars adjusted. Now my new Grady struts work together with them to make my doors open fully and smoothly. Plus I was able to have my parking brake cable adjusted.

Thanks to Brandon, Robert and Maurice who did the heavy lifting on these tasks, plus other people that helped me hold the heavy doors. :wrenchin:

It was great seeing everyone again and meeting some new owners! :hihi:

Till next time..

Morpheus
10-02-2016, 11:12 AM
We had a fantastic turnout at this Tech Day to kick off the fall car show season! We met several new friends and DeLorean owners, re-connected with old friends, and had a very productive day. It is very exciting to see the influx of new owners and enthusiasts to the club, because the collaboration and comraderie of new and seasoned DeLorean owners is a beautiful thing!

Having a lift was a great bonus, especially for Maurice (Dutch), as his cross gate cable seized up on the way to the event! He was able to get it loosened up enough to get home safely, and I'm sure he will be replacing it soon. He was also able to replace his oil pressure sender to fix the erratic readings on the gauge.

Dana (DMC-81) was able to get his torsion bars adjusted correctly, and with the addition of new struts, his doors open strong and perfect! While his car was on the lift for a parking brake adjustment, everyone was able to admire his astounding efforts in cleaning and restoring his frame, which was so pristine you could eat off it!

I was able to do some work on 1098, including an oil change (Valvoline VR-1 20w50, with lots of Zinc) and replacing my turnbuckle style alternator adjustment bracket with Matt (Drive Stainless)'s SS V3 tensioning bracket. During the swap, I realized that my belt (a Gates 7495) was too long and had to run up to auto zone and get a slightly shorter one. The new belt was extremely difficult to get on, but once it was everything tightened up ok. Thanks to Maurice, Robert, and Phil for your assistance with this!

New owner Dan S. and his lovely wife Becky were in attendance also, and the guys were able to help him troubleshoot his non-functional A/C system. With any luck, a couple of cans of R-12 will get it working again!

New owner Joe L. brought his ride, which has some great black painted rims and ground effects kit. Maurice was able to help him figure out the source of a ATF leak and other issues that need attention.

We were able to meet some future owners who were in attendance to ask questions and learn about the quirks and joys of owning a DeLorean.. including Jason P. (DeLorean Ghost) and Adrian and Melanie from the UK. Micah from World of Micah was there to grab video and pictures, which he will post to our DCF Facebook page soon.

Thanks to Evan, Nick, Elliot, and Robert for coming out and assisting others with their cars, and Lindsay and Laura for being so supportive of your men and their DeLorean obsession!

Finally, A giant thank you goes out to Bruce, Mary, and Phil Coulombe for graciously hosting our club and providing an air-conditioned space and an AMAZING lunch spread for everyone to gather, socialize, and work on some DeLoreans! We will definitely do it again soon!

Nicholas R
10-02-2016, 05:24 PM
I agree, thanks to Bruce and Mary, as well as everyone else that made it out. Yesterday was a blast, and that the DeLorean Club of Florida is not only going strong, but growing!

I hope that we can continue having get togethers like this. I know I'll do my best to be at every one. I'm hoping that some time in the next year or so, I too can work out my own tech day. :thumbup: :wrenchin:

DMC-81
10-02-2016, 07:35 PM
I'm hoping that some time in the next year or so, I too can work out my own tech day. :thumbup: :wrenchin:

Cool! I look forward to that possibility.

DMC-81
10-02-2016, 07:45 PM
For the benefit of the other DMCTalk members... here are some pictures of Bruce and Mary's fantastic facility that I took..

Jurassic Park awesomeness...

Back to the Future awesomeness....

... I neglected to snap a photo of the time machine that was out front when I arrived. :facepalm: Perhaps someone else took one.

Their great lift..

Cheers,

Chris Burns
10-02-2016, 09:29 PM
For the benefit of the other DMCTalk members... here are some pictures of Bruce and Mary's fantastic facility that I took..

Jurassic Park awesomeness...

Back to the Future awesomeness....

... I neglected to snap a photo of the time machine that was out front when I arrived. :facepalm: Perhaps someone else took one.

Their great lift..

Cheers,

I guess that's VIN 2000 on the lift? Looks great!!

Dannytr1
10-02-2016, 10:38 PM
I would like to thank everybody for all of the helpful information and advice. It was great meeting everybody, Becky and I look forward to seeing you all at future events. I am definitely going to try and sign up for the Lakeland car show and look forward to seeing you guys there.

Dan

DMC-81
10-03-2016, 07:30 AM
I guess that's VIN 2000 on the lift? Looks great!!

Thanks Chris! Yeah, that's my car next to the Jeep in the first pic, and preparing to be lifted in the last pic. It's not VIN 2000, but my VIN is less than 2000. :smile: