PDA

View Full Version : For Sale 2017 15-month DeLorean Calendar

Michael Babb
09-23-2016, 12:04 PM
Now available: the 2017 DeLorean Calendar that I have been working on: Zazzle - DeLorean 15-month Calendar for 2017 (http://www.zazzle.com/15_month_2017_delorean_calendar-158409972440521302)

http://rlv.zcache.com/15_month_2017_delorean_calendar-rcf66d4b941c44ea687e4874d80d03d1e_kakzi_8byvr_512. jpg?rlvnet=1

Each month features a different car and all pictures were submitted by DeLorean owners and enthusiasts. we had enough submissions that I was also able to make this calendar a 15-month version that will go through March of 2018!

I have moved production from Cafe Press to Zazzle because of the greater customization that they allow. You can choose from one of 3 different sizes:

Small: 5.5” l x 7” w
Medium: 8.5” l x 11” w
Large: 11” l x 14.25” w

They also allow for locale and language customization, so you can choose English UK, and get a calendar that shows Boxing Day and other UK holidays, or choose Germany and get Tag der Deutschen Einheit and others. (I may have to get a German one just for fun).

Zazzle also offers a money back guarantee. See http://www.zazzle.com/returns for details.

Finally, I am going to donate 100% of the profits from these calendar sales to a fellow owner who just lost 2 DeLoreans in a house fire.

If you buy one, please post and let me and others know what you think!

Thanks much!

Michael

DeloreanChris
09-23-2016, 02:44 PM
Hey there. I went to the website and noticed that the Calendar is showing as not available. Is it for sale yet?

Now available: the 2017 DeLorean Calendar that I have been working on: Zazzle - DeLorean 15-month Calendar for 2017 (http://www.zazzle.com/15_month_2017_delorean_calendar-158409972440521302)

http://rlv.zcache.com/15_month_2017_delorean_calendar-rcf66d4b941c44ea687e4874d80d03d1e_kakzi_8byvr_512. jpg?rlvnet=1

Each month features a different car and all pictures were submitted by DeLorean owners and enthusiasts. we had enough submissions that I was also able to make this calendar a 15-month version that will go through March of 2018!

I have moved production from Cafe Press to Zazzle because of the greater customization that they allow. You can choose from one of 3 different sizes:

Small: 5.5” l x 7” w
Medium: 8.5” l x 11” w
Large: 11” l x 14.25” w

They also allow for locale and language customization, so you can choose English UK, and get a calendar that shows Boxing Day and other UK holidays, or choose Germany and get Tag der Deutschen Einheit and others. (I may have to get a German one just for fun).

Zazzle also offers a money back guarantee. See http://www.zazzle.com/returns for details.

Finally, I am going to donate 100% of the profits from these calendar sales to a fellow owner who just lost 2 DeLoreans in a house fire.

If you buy one, please post and let me and others know what you think!

Thanks much!

Michael

Michael Babb
09-23-2016, 03:52 PM
Apparently Zazzle has decided that one or more of the pictures or images that I used infringe on someone else's intillectual property (they are not very specific):

​We would love to produce all designs submitted, however Zazzle prides itself on upholding all intellectual property rights as well as our own content guidelines and copyright policies.

In this instance, your order contained a copyrighted design referencing the Delorean, which Zazzle is not currently licensed to produce on merchandise.

That was in response to my asking them what exactly it was that they thought was in infringement.

I have replied and hope to get a better response this time...I will let everyone know.

Sorry for the confusion, I did not know this was going to be an issue.

For fun, here is what I have sent back to them:

Thanks for the response Edna,

Just for clarification, It was not my order. I am the shop owner, and I was the one that created the item to sell, and believe that there was a mistake as there are no intellectual properly infringements as I will try to show below:

The DeLorean stylized text is a current trademark of a company (Not the original DeLorean Motor Company) but is not used as a graphic element in any of the images I used to create the product:

They also own the TM on DMC styalized text, but again, this was not used on any of the images or designs:

If the belief is that the images infringe on the design of the automobile, and not on a trademark, then the patent that covers the DeLorean shape and style was issued on 5/20/1986 to Giorgetto Giugiaro of ItalDesign in Italy. It was not renewed, and has since expired:
United States Patent D283,882
Giugiaro May 20, 1986
The ornamental design for an automobile, as shown and described.
Inventors: Giugiaro; Giorgetto (Turin, IT)
Assignee: Delorean Motor Company (N/A)
Appl. No.: 06/273,091
Filed: June 12, 1981

Can you clarify why you think there is a copyright infringement, or better yet reinstate that product in my store?

Thanks again,

Michael Babb

sorry again everyone, I hope to have this fixed soon!

Michael Babb
09-23-2016, 04:04 PM
Pretty quick response from the Zazzle content management team:

Thank you for the clarification. Unfortunately, Zazzle is not licensed to sell / produce merchandise for Delorean. We apologize for any inconvenience or disappointment that and thank you for understanding. Have a great weekend!
Best Regards,
Edana 

Delightfully unhelpful!

Here is what I have sent back to them...though not sounding promising:

Thanks for the quick response Edna!

I still do not understand through. There is no company that holds the licensing for the DeLorean as an automobile. That company went in to receivership in 1983 and all patents and trademarks have long since expired.

Is there no way to get these images approved? I have the authorization of all (c) owners of all of the photographs. The graphics that are used in the lower parts of the calendar are my own creation and I hold all of the (c) on each of them.

Not what I was hoping to be doing this afternoon!

Jonathan
09-24-2016, 09:54 AM
That's unfortunate, Michael. Sounds to me like Edna at Zazzle is just another one of those "better to err on the safe side" people that makes the lazy decision instead of putting in the effort to find out what the real situation is.

Let us know what you end up doing with the calendar sales. Either Zazzle or Café Press or somewhere else. Maybe someone else deserves your business more anyway?

Michael Babb
09-30-2016, 04:44 PM
OK, let's try this again.

I have found a new service to host the calendars. Please visit https://www.createphotocalendars.com/Shop/deloreancalendars to view the 2 different sizes. They have already reviewed and approved all images, so hopefully there will be no more problems with the calendar disappearing!

There are 2 sizes available, a standard 8.5" x 11" (11" wide by 17" long when opened) for $17.50 and an oversized 11" x 14" (14" wide by 22 inches long when opened) for $24.00.

It appears that for shipping (US based at least) that the shipping costs are $5.99. I am not sure what international would work out to, but believe that you can combine orders to save on shipping.

These folks unfortunately do not offer international holiday options, so the calendar has US holidays included.

I am going to order one myself this afternoon and will post some photos once it is received.

Thanks, and sorry again for the mess up With Zazzle . . .

DaraSue
10-07-2016, 11:16 AM
I ordered one and got it last night. A lot of pretty pictures - some nice vicarious enjoyment while my own car is in the shop :)

My one complaint is that the printer didn't stamp "Do not bend" on the package so it got jammed into my mailbox and some of the pages got a little crinkled, although it's not terribly noticeable on the picture pages. So if any of you have small mailboxes you may want to put special handling instructions on your order.

Overall pretty neat, though. Feel flattered, b/c this is the first calendar I've bought in like 10 years, lol. I hope I get the chance to submit something if you do one next year!

Michael Babb
10-07-2016, 04:26 PM
I ordered one and got it last night. A lot of pretty pictures - some nice vicarious enjoyment while my own car is in the shop :)

My one complaint is that the printer didn't stamp "Do not bend" on the package so it got jammed into my mailbox and some of the pages got a little crinkled, although it's not terribly noticeable on the picture pages. So if any of you have small mailboxes you may want to put special handling instructions on your order.

Overall pretty neat, though. Feel flattered, b/c this is the first calendar I've bought in like 10 years, lol. I hope I get the chance to submit something if you do one next year!

Thanks so much for the feedback, and I am glad that you like it! Mine is coming in the mail today, and I will try to post some pictures.

Sorry that the postal carrier mangled that a bit, I will check and see if there is anything I can do to get them to mark that "do not bend" on all shipments going forward.

DaraSue
10-08-2016, 11:11 AM
Thanks so much for the feedback, and I am glad that you like it! Mine is coming in the mail today, and I will try to post some pictures.

Sorry that the postal carrier mangled that a bit, I will check and see if there is anything I can do to get them to mark that "do not bend" on all shipments going forward.

I emailed them about it and they said they'd send me a new one, so it sounds like they actually care about customer service, at least. :) The damage wasn't that bad so I hadn't even asked for a replacement, but hopefully this will inspire them to take more care with their packaging in the future, and now I'll have an extra one to put up in the break room at work. Yay!

SShaw
10-09-2016, 05:57 PM
I got mine and it's great. Though, one of the images appears to be super low resolution and looks pretty bad. Of course it's January, my car :).

Michael Babb
10-13-2016, 02:27 PM
I got mine and it's great. Though, one of the images appears to be super low resolution and looks pretty bad. Of course it's January, my car :).

I think yours looks awesome! One of my favorite pictures of the year.

It is possible that they downsampled the image a bit, not sure. I know the source image was great.

Anyone else gotten a calendar and have any reviews or feedback?